working out for Disney

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Being Irish, I have no memories of baccala, but I can just imagine how salted cod must stink up the place.

Cod is one of the few fish I don't really care for.

On my menu tomorrow:

Stuffed Clams
Crabcakes
Shrimp Scampi
Calamari
Lobster Tails
Flounder Filet (breaded and fried so I don't hear it from my MIL)
Salmon (coated with Dijon mustard, panko breadcrumbs and herbs, then baked)

I'm making the veggie sides tonight because they'll be okay heated up tomorrow. Honey glazed carrots need the time to be at their best, string beans can be blanched tonight and then sautéed with garlic & oil before dinner. I'd really rather do the roasted zucchini tomorrow fresh, but I'll see.

To save myself some time and stress tomorrow, I'll follow my MIL's practice of frying the flounder ahead of time and reheating it (BLEAH!!!). There's a reason I skip the flounder on Christmas Eve, and it ain't because I don't like fried flounder (although I prefer it baked), but because reheated fried fish is...well, not very good.

Christmas Day we'll go to my dad's for turkey. Believe it or not, he is actually annoyed by Thanksgiving being just a month before Christmas. Because in Ireland, its traditional to have turkey and he feels that Thanksgiving takes away from his Christmas turkey, making it a little less special because we all had turkey just four weeks prior.:rolleyes:

Everyone else has weird family too, right?? :hilarious:

Merry Christmas to all of my internet friends!! xoxo

Goofyernmost

All my life we had Turkey on Thanksgiving and again on Christmas. Never was a problem for us. It was pretty much only twice a year and we loved turkey. After my kids got married their husbands family traditions started to creep in and with one Ham was the norm on Christmas with the other Prime Rib was the norm, so we have been introduced to new "traditions" over time. Just let him know that having it on Thanksgiving in no way takes away from the Christmas Turkey. Turkey is only one ability to fly step away from being a Goose anyway. Not a big deal.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa--(starts Dec. 26) and happy holiday of your choice to everyone on here. Hope you all have a festive and enjoyable weekend. :)

Enjoy a few treats and don't worry about weight--it's time to celebrate for a few days!!! (P.S.: I'm now down 15 pounds out of my goal of 20--and I did it through the food onslaught of both Thanksgiving and Christmas!!) Yea!!! :D

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa--(starts Dec. 26) and happy holiday of your choice to everyone on here. Hope you all have a festive and enjoyable weekend. :)

Enjoy a few treats and don't worry about weight--it's time to celebrate for a few days!!! (P.S.: I'm now down 15 pounds out of my goal of 20--and I did it through the food onslaught of both Thanksgiving and Christmas!!) Yea!!! :D
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO and YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You gave yourself a wonderful Christmas gift:inlove:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning I did a nice peaceful yoga flow this morning and have all my veggie sides prepped for today:) Just a heads up Adrienne(yoga by Adrienne) Will be starting a new 31 day yoga series on January 1st for free on youtube:joyfull: I'm seriously intrigued and may do this and skip the weights or cut back a bit because when I do that I lean out without losing tone if that makes sense.

Songbird76

While I know some of you are advoiding the news just a heads up MSN's home page had something that made me think of @Sans Souci because they has something about the one dish in every state you should try and I wondered if you've tried disco fries yet? and @epcotisbest because they had 30 New Year's resolutions that you should be able to keep:)
I don't think there's anything in Wyoming you just HAVE to try...what dish do they recommend? Please tell me it's not Rocky Mountain Oysters!!!

Songbird76

So I pulled my back out doing grocery shopping. See? This is how clumsy I am...grocery shopping is just so fraught with peril! *SIGH* :rolleyes: It's so stupid....lean over to get something out of one of the refrigerated bins and when I went to stand up, my back froze up. It's starting to relax a bit again, but who injures themselves GROCERY SHOPPING?

93boomer

Premium Member
So I pulled my back out doing grocery shopping. See? This is how clumsy I am...grocery shopping is just so fraught with peril! *SIGH* :rolleyes: It's so stupid....lean over to get something out of one of the refrigerated bins and when I went to stand up, my back froze up. It's starting to relax a bit again, but who injures themselves GROCERY SHOPPING?
Oh my!! Hope it feels better soon!!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'm seriously intrigued and may do this and skip the weights or cut back a bit because when I do that I lean out without losing tone if that makes sense

2B0ED7A100000578-0-image-a-30_1438591305246.jpg

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Sympathy like. and I hope you were all better this morning . BTW Me:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: I can hurt just breathing LOL Which is why I have a clear space to workout in. Knock wood I haven't gotten hurt doing that or power walking yet but then again I'm super careful doing those types of things:confused:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Mornin' everyone. O.k. Ate like a pig yesterday--haven't thrown down that much food in months. :p It was a heavenly experience! :inlove: Sure I probably gained back a pound from yesterday's food feast, but it was fun to gorge myself on Christmas Day.

Today I go back to normal eating and I'll take a long walk in the woods. I'm off from work the next two days and really looking forward to a few low-key days.

Hope everyone had a nice holiday. :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Mornin' everyone. O.k. Ate like a pig yesterday--haven't thrown down that much food in months. :p It was a heavenly experience! :inlove: Sure I probably gained back a pound from yesterday's food feast, but it was fun to gorge myself on Christmas Day.

Today I go back to normal eating and I'll take a long walk in the woods. I'm off from work the next two days and really looking forward to a few low-key days.

Hope everyone had a nice holiday. :)
You've been so good lately and you're going walking today so you deserved every bite:joyfull:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning seeing I've been on my feet for 2 days and will again today(braving the stores we need food LOL and time to get wrapping paper ) just another round of yoga to stretch everything out. I did get a few cooking goodies, the best part is I love each and every one of them. I got a rolling pin from "France", a new waffle iron(had to give the old one away after everybody had to go gluten free) and a 6.5 quart enameled coated cast iron dutch oven. It's not Le Crusset but beggars(and broke people) can't be choosers:hilarious: and I've wanted one forever. I hope all of you had as much fun as we did this weekend

Sans Souci

Hello

I have been baking/cooking since Friday and I am tired. LOL My husband is taking my mom and my grandmother into Philly. I am staying home. I need some alone time to recharge. I am going to workout, too. There is no cooking today! I am done for a bit. :D

My mom did the classic "let me know if you need help" and proceeded to "mess up" like she always does. Then she graciously offers to get out of the way to sprawl out on the couch. I don't know why I ever expect a different outcome. I rented a movie for her on iTunes last night that she selected and proceeded to tell me it was stupid after watching it for 10 minutes. I went back upstairs to clean up after dinner and she shouted at me to come down to turn it off. I don't know why should couldn't walk up the stairs to ask me to turn it off, but there you go. She sees I am in the middle of something and she asks me to pour her a drink. I have a kitchenette downstairs and I put drinks in the fridge so she wouldn't even have to expend energy coming upstairs to get a drink. /vent

Their flight is 7:30 AM Wednesday, so I am in the homestretch.

My husband said we're going on vacation next year for Christmas. :hilarious:

Sans Souci

No judgments here. I pulled a groin muscle trying to get out of an airplane seat. LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom