working out for Disney

Sans Souci

Mornin' everyone. O.k. Ate like a pig yesterday--haven't thrown down that much food in months. :p It was a heavenly experience! :inlove: Sure I probably gained back a pound from yesterday's food feast, but it was fun to gorge myself on Christmas Day.

Today I go back to normal eating and I'll take a long walk in the woods. I'm off from work the next two days and really looking forward to a few low-key days.

Hope everyone had a nice holiday. :)

Good for you! A walk in the woods sounds like a great idea. I am going to Longwood Gardens on Thursday and I am really looking forward to it. It's all decked out for Christmas and I could use some fresh air myself.

Sans Souci

Good morning seeing I've been on my feet for 2 days and will again today(braving the stores we need food LOL and time to get wrapping paper ) just another round of yoga to stretch everything out. I did get a few cooking goodies, the best part is I love each and every one of them. I got a rolling pin from "France", a new waffle iron(had to give the old one away after everybody had to go gluten free) and a 6.5 quart enameled coated cast iron dutch oven. It's not Le Crusset but beggars(and broke people) can't be choosers:hilarious: and I've wanted one forever. I hope all of you had as much fun as we did this weekend

When we moved to London, my husband's employer only paid for 500 cubic feet for moving our stuff overseas. They did give us a decent stipend to buy things for our flat (glasses, plates, pots, pans, etc). We moved 3 weeks before Christmas in 2014, so my husband bought me a Le Crueset cast iron sauce pan set for Christmas with some of the stipend money. (I don't even want to know how much they cost!) They are nice and they are very durable, but they are kind of a pain the butt. They advise you to hand wash them only and they recommend you only use a rubber spatula when cooking with them--not even a wooden spoon! My son used a regular spoon in one of the pans and it's all scratched up. LOL It's only cosmetic, but makes me cringe knowing how expensive this stuff is.

Like I said, they are very durable and they will surely last a long time, but I wouldn't spend that type of money on cookery stuff again. I have had my eye on a nice Le Crueset dutch oven myself, but at $300, that's a big 'nope.'

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
When we moved to London, my husband's employer only paid for 500 cubic feet for moving our stuff overseas. They did give us a decent stipend to buy things for our flat (glasses, plates, pots, pans, etc). We moved 3 weeks before Christmas in 2014, so my husband bought me a Le Crueset cast iron sauce pan set for Christmas with some of the stipend money. (I don't even want to know how much they cost!) They are nice and they are very durable, but they are kind of a pain the butt. They advise you to hand wash them only and they recommend you only use a rubber spatula when cooking with them--not even a wooden spoon! My son used a regular spoon in one of the pans and it's all scratched up. LOL It's only cosmetic, but makes me cringe knowing how expensive this stuff is.

Like I said, they are very durable and they will surely last a long time, but I wouldn't spend that type of money on cookery stuff again. I have had my eye on a nice Le Crueset dutch oven myself, but at $300, that's a big 'nope.'
I got a Tramontina from Sam's $30:joyfull: THNX for the tip I knew hand wash only and no metal I'll stick with the spatula just in case and my boys aren't even supposed to look at it. I don't care how much it cost I want it to last:D

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
My son spent half of the day in bed yesterday. Now he has a fever of 103F. :(

My mom still wants my husband to take her into Philly. :rolleyes:
Of no the boys said some of their friends have been sick so I'm making soup now. I really wanted lemon grass but it was not to be:( 2 stores and none to be had:(:(:(:(:( Oh well I'm making a veggie soup cabbage, onions, celery,mushrooms carrots, ginger, garlic, carrots and I'll finish it with lemon and fresh spinach:hungry::hungry::hungry:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
It's so stupid....lean over to get something out of one of the refrigerated bins and when I went to stand up, my back froze up. It's starting to relax a bit again, but who injures themselves GROCERY SHOPPING?

No judgments here. I pulled a groin muscle trying to get out of an airplane seat. LOL

I can top both of those! Ever heard of anyone ending up with black and blue bruises on their thigh--while exiting the SLOW-moving PeopleMover??!!! :rolleyes: :eek: Yes, yours truly, was exiting the ride -- waited for the little door to slide open, and somehow (only I could do this . . . :facepalm: ) started to exit backwards from the ride vehicle. Since the platform was moving, my right thigh banged into the side of the door--because I stepped out so quickly. Don't ask me why, that one time, I exited in the opposite direction from the hundreds of other people ahead of me that day . . . :oops:

Sans Souci

My son's temperature isn't going down with ibuprofen. My husband called the doctor and we are awaiting his phone call. In the meantime, he has developed rashes. I'm so scared this is meningitis. This is how it started with my brother. :'(

Our furnace stopped working. It's a motor issue, he didn't have the part, but they are back coming in tomorrow to fix it.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
My son's temperature isn't going down with ibuprofen. My husband called the doctor and we are awaiting his phone call. In the meantime, he has developed rashes. I'm so scared this is meningitis. This is how it started with my brother. :'(

Our furnace stopped working. It's a motor issue, he didn't have the part, but they are back coming in tomorrow to fix it.
I'm so sorry he's not getting better yet? I've heard of a few people getting rashes with what ever is going around. Two of my friends one by NYC and another down your way and the dh of somebody on this site. Hopefully it isn't serious. Did the doctor call back? Prayers and pixie dust xoxo

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning I started today with a bit of cardio yoga and seeing it's already over 40 I'm heading out with the sun and with any luck I'll be able to get out a few times today. I'm also going to make a big pot of chicken soup. With so many people already being sick this year better safe than sorry. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with cold weather moving in earlier and people being inside close together sharing germs?

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I can top both of those! Ever heard of anyone ending up with black and blue bruises on their thigh--while exiting the SLOW-moving PeopleMover??!!! :rolleyes: :eek: Yes, yours truly, was exiting the ride -- waited for the little door to slide open, and somehow (only I could do this . . . :facepalm: ) started to exit backwards from the ride vehicle. Since the platform was moving, my right thigh banged into the side of the door--because I stepped out so quickly. Don't ask me why, that one time, I exited in the opposite direction from the hundreds of other people ahead of me that day . . . :oops:
I think I should have sent everybody bubble wrap for Christmas:hilarious:

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Yikes. You're not having a good day. I hope your son can shake off whatever illness he presently has. (I assume it's not measles or anything along that line--even with the rash he has.)

Let's hope your furnace gets fixed today.

93boomer

Premium Member
Good morning I started today with a bit of cardio yoga and seeing it's already over 40 I'm heading out with the sun and with any luck I'll be able to get out a few times today. I'm also going to make a big pot of chicken soup. With so many people already being sick this year better safe than sorry. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with cold weather moving in earlier and people being inside close together sharing germs?
Good morning!!! I wish that I had had some of your chicken soup the last couple of days!! I haven't felt good since Saturday. Now my DH doesn't feel good but had to go back to work:(
Had a very bad headache and just felt lousy! Feel lots better today!;)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning!!! I wish that I had had some of your chicken soup the last couple of days!! I haven't felt good since Saturday. Now my DH doesn't feel good but had to go back to work:(
Had a very bad headache and just felt lousy! Feel lots better today!;)
I'm so sorry to hear that. It seems everybody is sick this holiday season. Prayers and pixie dust xoxo

Sans Souci

Just popping in to say the doctor told us to go to the ER. His fever was 104 and it wasn't responding to ibuprofen or acetaminophen. they tested him for mono and flu. He has the flu. He couldn't even open his eyes and it was a struggle to get him to walk from his bed to the car. Ironically, we tried to get flu shots a few weeks ago, but CVS was out. So, I guess we're all in for the flu now. I am worried because my 83 yo grandmother is here and she didn't get her flu shot this year. :banghead:

They gave him Tamiflu in the ER and seems a little better today. We didn't get home until 3 AM. I checked on my son at 6 and he was on his laptop. My mom was "nice" enough to wake me at 8 to tell me she was hungry. :rolleyes: So, i got up to make her breakfast. I keep telling myself by this time tomorrow she won't be here. We didn't have time to clear the table from dinner when the doctor called to tell us to go to the ER. Do you think she could have just put the plates on the counter for me? No, of course not.

I am going to try to workout today, but no promises. I am a bit tired. :)

I am sorry for venting. This weekend has stressed me out. I love Christmas, but I felt like a servant this weekend. It really made me sad that I have a mother with a personality disorder.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Just popping in to say the doctor told us to go to the ER. His fever was 104 and it wasn't responding to ibuprofen or acetaminophen. they tested him for mono and flu. He has the flu. He couldn't even open his eyes and it was a struggle to get him to walk from his bed to the car. Ironically, we tried to get flu shots a few weeks ago, but CVS was out. So, I guess we're all in for the flu now. I am worried because my 83 yo grandmother is here and she didn't get her flu shot this year. :banghead:

They gave him Tamiflu in the ER and seems a little better today. We didn't get home until 3 AM. I checked on my son at 6 and he was on his laptop. My mom was "nice" enough to wake me at 8 to tell me she was hungry. :rolleyes: So, i got up to make her breakfast. I keep telling myself by this time tomorrow she won't be here. We didn't have time to clear the table from dinner when the doctor called to tell us to go to the ER. Do you think she could have just put the plates on the counter for me? No, of course not.

I am sorry for venting. This weekend has stressed me out. I love Christmas, but I felt like a servant this weekend. It really made me sad that I have a mother with a personality disorder.
I'm so sorry to hear he's got the flu over the holidays:( I hope the Tamiflu works and don't worry about your workout, rest may be far more important for the next few days. Try and avoid stressing your system and hopefully you won't catch it. Prayers and pixie dust for everything you're going through

MinnieM123

Premium Member

I think that bad situations during the holidays are magnified even more, because people are all supposed to be happy. Maybe look forward to next week--a new year--and things will hopefully be better for you.

Sans Souci

I think that bad situations during the holidays are magnified even more, because people are all supposed to be happy. Maybe look forward to next week--a new year--and things will hopefully be better for you.

I agree. I have tickets for Longwood Gardens on Friday and if we're all well, we're going! It's all done up for Christmas and we didn't have a chance to go before Christmas.

He is already so much better for taking the Tamiflu. He's eating and he's chatting with his friends from Illinois.

I am so grateful that the weather was mild today, our furnace is getting fixed tomorrow. LOL

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I agree. I have tickets for Longwood Gardens on Friday and if we're all well, we're going! It's all done up for Christmas and we didn't have a chance to go before Christmas.

He is already so much better for taking the Tamiflu. He's eating and he's chatting with his friends from Illinois.

I am so grateful that the weather was mild today, our furnace is getting fixed tomorrow. LOL
Yea for Tamiflu, I hope you get to go it sounds like so much fun!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning another day another couple of yoga practices one for toning and a very fast vinyasa to get the blood flowing:) I'm going walking with the sun and doing as much as I can today before the weather goes down hill tomorrow. It may have something to do with the weather or the fact that lemons were on sale but I'm making a lemon, tahini, garlic dressing for my salad today.

93boomer

Premium Member

I am so grateful that the weather was mild today, our furnace is getting fixed tomorrow. LOL[/QUOTE
So glad he is feeling better!!! Flu is not fun especially during the holidays.
Hope your stress level goes down and you get to enjoy the rest of the holiday week! Take care.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom