working out for Disney

Sans Souci

Hello,

I took yesterday off. My sinuses were awful and my knee was cranky. I have had the same sinus headache since Tuesday. It makes my teeth hurt. :cautious:

Today is more cleaning/baking. I am hoping to get a workout in today and tomorrow. My husband is off tomorrow, so it's an extra pair of hands to help me.

I am mentally preparing myself for my mother's arrival. I keep telling myself it's only for a few days.

Sans Souci

So I looked at the Fitbits and decided on this one instead of the Alta. It is a Charge 2 HR. I chose it because of the bigger display, the heart rate monitor and the ability to track routes connected to the phone GPS. She does the half-marathon and it might be fun to see the route mapped out afterward. I hope she likes the teal color, but if not, we can change bands easily. She does not read this so no worries giving away the surprise for Christmas morning. Oh, and BestBuy had it on sale today!

View attachment 180771

I love this color. It's my favorite. I am thinking of getting either this or the Polar A360. I wear a Fitbit and when I workout, a Polar heart rate monitor. I would love to have just one item for both purposes.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello,

I took yesterday off. My sinuses were awful and my knee was cranky. I have had the same sinus headache since Tuesday. It makes my teeth hurt. :cautious:

Today is more cleaning/baking. I am hoping to get a workout in today and tomorrow. My husband is off tomorrow, so it's an extra pair of hands to help me.

I am mentally preparing myself for my mother's arrival. I keep telling myself it's only for a few days.
Some how I think the 4 day weekend is just more work for me:cautious: Be careful with your knee and it's only a few days good luck! I'm going to have a gazillion people in and out all weekend but thankfully they stop in and they go while making the holiday rounds. A few will be here all day for all of the 7 fishes but those are people I like and my mother in law is very helpful and my mother tries her best:hilarious: I love her but boiling water is about all the cooking she can do with out burning something or worse:facepalm: We have her help with clean up and playing with the little ones:)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I love this color. It's my favorite. I am thinking of getting either this or the Polar A360. I wear a Fitbit and when I workout, a Polar heart rate monitor. I would love to have just one item for both purposes.
I may have mentioned this before my dh wants one and claims he needs one more than I do. :cautious: Guess what I'm not getting:( I'm almost certain some cooking gadgets are going to be under the tree:)

epcotisbest

Yeah, I liked that color too and think she will as well. She has to wear business attire for work often and I think black would work for that, so I got an extra band in black. Nice feature to be able to easily change band colors. I looked up that Polar A360. That looks nice too, and especially with the colorful display.

epcotisbest

I just wanted to pop in and say, I will be back on this thread after Christmas!
My Disney trip has come and gone. I haven't stopped eating since the day we arrived in Orlando..and I don't see that changing in the next few days. :(
AFTER Christmas I WILL be on a mission!! I have until June 21st to get in the best shape of my life. If anyone would like to do a beach body video together I would love it! Or at least let me check in here and hold me accountable, please.

See ya soon everyone!

Do drop in on this thread when you can. You will find lots of encouragement and affirmation. I sometimes find myself in a position of, lets just say lack of motivation, then read this thread and get inspired by what others are doing. Now mind you, I don't follow along to video workouts, but do walk, ride the bicycle and sometimes even try to eat right after being encouraged here.

21stamps

Merry Christmas and yes you will always have a place here! I work out before the sun is up most days. Checking in here is a great way to hold yourself accountable. If nothing else I work out check in and feel I accomplished something:) Even when everything else gets screwy:hilarious:
Do drop in on this thread when you can. You will find lots of encouragement and affirmation. I sometimes find myself in a position of, lets just say lack of motivation, then read this thread and get inspired by what others are doing. Now mind you, I don't follow along to video workouts, but do walk, ride the bicycle and sometimes even try to eat right after being encouraged here.
Thank you both! I will...our summer cruise also takes place during my 40th birthday...I am determined to get back in shape..and the best shape that I've ever been in, it may ease the pain of the milestone year ;). I'm going backwards right now, but will be on the wagon soon.
It will be great reading other people's journeys and maybe picking up some tips or ideas.

Merry Christmas!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
So I looked at the Fitbits and decided on this one instead of the Alta. It is a Charge 2 HR. I chose it because of the bigger display, the heart rate monitor and the ability to track routes connected to the phone GPS. She does the half-marathon and it might be fun to see the route mapped out afterward. I hope she likes the teal color, but if not, we can change bands easily. She does not read this so no worries giving away the surprise for Christmas morning. Oh, and BestBuy had it on sale today!

View attachment 180771

Really like the color. Nice that it's got a buckle--I used to have a fitbit flex, but it popped off one evening without my noticing, so I lost it.

Once I found out that it didn't actually track your steps, but your arm movements, I wasn't in a rush to replace it. I always thought my step count looked kind of low, I must not wave my arms around a lot when I walk, especially around the office if I'm carrying something.

I suppose if I got another one I could get the large band and put it around my ankle, so that it would actually count my steps. :D

The one you chose, of course, will be a lot more accurate since it connects to GPS. It is a lot of fun to see your route mapped out, I use MapMyFitness on my phone. Sometimes people will deliberately follow a route that makes a picture on the map!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'm feeling really old fashioned and cheap. I used my car's odometer pre fit bit and such to map out most of my walks then I used map my walk and both were just about exactly the same.

I have a paper map with a scale of miles. That's how I figure out mileage! :joyfull: But during the work week, I walk so much that I'm probably walking miles and just not realizing it.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I hope he gets you one of those Polar things, because you like them. You have enough cooking stuff--I'd like to see you get a fun gift, that's just for you.
Thank you. The fit bit isn't going to happen and I can live with that if I get the 2 cooking goodies I've been putting off getting. One because of the price and the other is something from EPCOT

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning 5 advanced miles LS. At least I got my steps and some light weights in before heading out for who knows how long. Hopefully not too long. I'm still putting the final menu together for tomorrow and it's subject to change depending on the fish at the market.

Sans Souci

Hello--

I did workout yesterday. I just got busy and forgot to check in.

Today is more food prep. I am on the fence about making flan for tomorrow night. I bought a gallon of whole milk for baking and I will have leftovers. Nobody here drinks whole milk, so I thought it might be a good way to use it up. Otherwise it will end up going down the drain.

My husband, who is not Italian, decided we're having the whole seven fishes thing tomorrow night. :hungover: He's going to some fish market in Philly today. I drew the line at baccala. I don't have enough candles to remove that stench. I bought some non-fish things for me to eat tomorrow night. My grandparents used to do the "feast of the seven fishes" when I was a kid and I would go home so hungry. LOL Their house ponged like stinky fish, too.

Anyway, I am going to get another workout in. Today might be my last until Monday. I might try to sneak in little bites of exercise here and there.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello--

I did workout yesterday. I just got busy and forgot to check in.

Today is more food prep. I am on the fence about making flan for tomorrow night. I bought a gallon of whole milk for baking and I will have leftovers. Nobody here drinks whole milk, so I thought it might be a good way to use it up. Otherwise it will end up going down the drain.

My husband, who is not Italian, decided we're having the whole seven fishes thing tomorrow night. :hungover: He's going to some fish market in Philly today. I drew the line at baccala. I don't have enough candles to remove that stench. I bought some non-fish things for me to eat tomorrow night. My grandparents used to do the "feast of the seven fishes" when I was a kid and I would go home so hungry. LOL Their house ponged like stinky fish, too.

Anyway, I am going to get another workout in. Today might be my last until Monday. I might try to sneak in little bites of exercise here and there.
I'm very sorry about you having to deal with fish. Cooking it doesn't bother me and my family none of which is Italian does enjoy it so I don't mind doing it for them but we're going a totally different route this year as in non traditional dishes. I'm going to recreate some of the guys favorite dishes from out trip this summer and some of their favorite fish foods. Tuna casserole, fish and chips and fish tacos are on the menu for a change:confused: along with baccala in tomato sauce(sorry @Sans Souci), fish in lemon wine sauce, salmon cakes and a whole baked fish in a salt dome served with a shaved ginger soy sauce. I'm not doing any shell fish because James and my dh have allergies.

Sans Souci

I'm very sorry about you having to deal with fish. Cooking it doesn't bother me and my family none of which is Italian does enjoy it so I don't mind doing it for them but we're going a totally different route this year as in non traditional dishes. I'm going to recreate some of the guys favorite dishes from out trip this summer and some of their favorite fish foods. Tuna casserole, fish and chips and fish tacos are on the menu for a change:confused: along with baccala in tomato sauce(sorry @Sans Souci), fish in lemon wine sauce, salmon cakes and a whole baked fish in a salt dome served with a shaved ginger soy sauce. I'm not doing any shell fish because James and my dh have allergies.

I have more than enough goodies to eat. I don't mind certain types of sea food. It's just baccala brings back stinky memories. :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom