working out for Disney

Sans Souci

Good afternoon! Just been shopping and doing some errands today. I found some fit bits @figmentfan423 so I picked them up. They were on sale too!! I had already ordered some from Amazon but they are going back. I saved $60!! :D
It is in the 40s and drizzling a little. It feels colder since it is damp.
Dinner is going to be healthy and simple. Veggie burgers in whole wheat pitas and grilled veggies.
Hope everyone is having a great day! @Sans Souci how are you feeling today? :)

I am better, thank you for asking. I have been getting caught up on this thread. I am glad your kitty is feeling better. :)

Songbird76

Good morning I started today with LS Walk to the HIITS Party Songs. I have to admit good music can get you going in the morning:) Seeing it's going to get really cold the next couple of days I'm going to walk as much as I can outside today. It's very nippy but I have the market cornered on thinsulate:D Even better I've somehow managed to get 2 of my friends to go on one of the walks today:joyfull: This afternoon I'm putting on a pot of turkey, bean and veggie soup for the guys. I'm making me a stir fry with cabbage, broccoli, red peppers, carrots, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, asparagus, bean sprouts, tofu and a spicy garlic ginger sauce:hungry::hungry::hungry:
That sounds delicious other than the water chestnuts! I can't stand that texture. But the rest sounds great!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I think the lump is a swollen gland. My sinuses have gone haywire since I moved here. My teeth and ears always hurt and I have post nasal drip all the time. I think I might call my doctor, just to rule out anything else. I figure if he doesn't know what it is, he will refer me to the dentist.
Good luck, moving and the related stress and change in climate can cause problems be safe and have yourself checked out. Prayers and pixie dust

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning but it's cold and nippy so I did 3 miles one at a time. Go out come in warm up go back out repeat......... I'm going out again as soon as I can feel my limbs:mad::mad::mad::mad: At least I did JM's 30 day shred when I got up or I would have just hid under the covers. It's a clean the fridge day so no cooking:joyfull:

Goofyernmost

This happened to me. I had no pain in my tooth and one day an abscess popped up. It was in a tooth that I previously had root canal done and it cracked. I had to get it pulled and they put in an implant. It was an experience I am no rush to repeat again.
Just back from the Dentist with one less item in my mouth that has been there for 66 years. I had a tooth pulled and one filled. It's to soon to know how the recovery will go, but, the procedure was a piece of cake. No matter what happens over the next few days I am still going to smile about the originally prescribed root canal and filling was going to cost me $1500.00 ended up costing a little under $500.00. (including antibiotics that I had to take for two weeks previous. (and still didn't clear up the infection). No implant planned, I don't think I really need it at this stage of my life.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I think Leslie Sansone will be my new best friend for the next few days because it may be cold enough to issue wind chill warnings:(:(:(:( I'm most likely going to make some type of spicy stir fry tomorrow or curry and hummus, or all 3 and not have to worry about cooking Friday:joyfull:

Sans Souci

Hello-

I am in with a Fusion workout. I can't believe I did these only three years ago. My balance has gotten so bad and these 2 pound weights are killing me! :hilarious: Hopefully, I will improve as I continue to do them. Part of it is, they go fast so I'm setting up for the next move. I'll get the hang of it again.

I had a salad for dinner. My son is currently obsessed with cioppino from Trader Joe's. I always have to light a candle when he's done cooking his dinner. :depressed:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
This happened to me. I had no pain in my tooth and one day an abscess popped up. It was in a tooth that I previously had root canal done and it cracked. I had to get it pulled and they put in an implant. It was an experience I am no rush to repeat again.

Cracked root--that's the kiss of death for the tooth--out it comes. I've had weird stuff like that go south as well--went to top-notch endodentists and a bunch of the root canals failed over the years. Ended up with big restorative bills with partials, etc. Many root canals work, but, a bunch of them do not. They don't tell you that, but they'll still take your money.

Sans Souci

Cracked root--that's the kiss of death for the tooth--out it comes. I've had weird stuff like that go south as well--went to top-notch endodentists and a bunch of the root canals failed over the years. Ended up with big restorative bills with partials, etc. Many root canals work, but, a bunch of them do not. They don't tell you that, but they'll still take your money.

Oh my gosh, yes. When my dentist was doing this root canal that failed a year later, he kept saying things like, "Wow, this cavity is much deeper than I thought." while working on me. I think he was out of his depth and it was something an endodontist should have performed. That tooth would "make noises" from within, like a tapping noise. That was probably my tooth cracking.

Then I saw an endo and he said, "I can do a bridge or an implant, but I suggest the implant." I wanted the bridge, because it seemed less invasive and it was mostly covered by my dental insurance. But he told me the implant would last longer and wouldn't involve grinding down the two surrounding (and healthy) teeth. So, I elected to get the implant. I had to pick my jaw up from the floor when they told me what my co-pay would be. I know there is more "labor" involved in an implant, but it lasts longer than a bridge and it is better for your jaw bone. You would think an insurance provider would want to cover more of something like that.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Morning due to the cold I may have to stay inside today I'm hoping to try and get out at least once or twice and do a couple of quick miles even if they're once again one at a time. I did some Jessica Smith cardio just to try and warm up, nope didn't really help much, I'm still shivering:( It's a cooking day so maybe having the oven on will help warm me up. Orange also seems to be the color of the day:hilarious: Spicy sesame orange tofu. orange cranberry bread a curry that the sauce comes out a bit on the orange side. I think the universe is trying to tell me it's time to move to Florida:joyfull:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Oh my gosh, yes. When my dentist was doing this root canal that failed a year later, he kept saying things like, "Wow, this cavity is much deeper than I thought." while working on me. I think he was out of his depth and it was something an endodontist should have performed. That tooth would "make noises" from within, like a tapping noise. That was probably my tooth cracking.

Then I saw an endo and he said, "I can do a bridge or an implant, but I suggest the implant." I wanted the bridge, because it seemed less invasive and it was mostly covered by my dental insurance. But he told me the implant would last longer and wouldn't involve grinding down the two surrounding (and healthy) teeth. So, I elected to get the implant. I had to pick my jaw up from the floor when they told me what my co-pay would be. I know there is more "labor" involved in an implant, but it lasts longer than a bridge and it is better for your jaw bone. You would think an insurance provider would want to cover more of something like that.

Most dental insurance only covers a percentage of anything restorative--whether bridges, crowns, dentures, implants, etc. So just when you need it the most, they pay less. Have you ever noticed in major cities that many of the tallest, expensive skyscraper buildings are insurance company buildings? Just some food for thought . . .

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I steam the veggies, Lightly dust tofu chunks in corn starch or arrowroot then quickly fry them. Them I put some ginger and garilc in a pot with a bit of water and lightly cook until wilted, add low sodium tamari or braggs, a few dried chilis, a couple of oranges (zested and then the orange minus pith goes into my blender) with enough water to cover the tofu and stew that until a sauce forms them toss in the veggies and a couple of tbsp. of sesame oil and sesame seeds. My boys like it topped with cashews. I hope that makes sense, sorry I hardly ever measure anything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom