Work Tractor Collides with Monorail Lime

Scuttle

Oh, no. Just between 11am and 7pm on weekdays. Unrelated to the subject of this thread.
Agreed, but I didn't find the regular thread. And they were up and running at 6pm and was told they are back up and running full time starting tomorrow

flynnibus

Premium Member
Did you read what you quoted? I mean seriously did you read it at all?

So you are telling me that it runs on the MAPO system? NO, it does not, it is a diesel powered unit under it's own autonomous power and control. That also means that the individuals running the unit will be under the microscope, not the system. Read what I posted. The system, the SYSTEM was not at fault. You have an INDIVIDUAL that crashed the bloody tractor. Guidance and procedures and practices have nothing to do with an idiot that crashes due to either negligence or equipment failure.

'system' - you keep using this word, I don't think you know what it means. The monorails are a transportation system that operates under specific procedures and policies... designed to keep both employees and passengers safe. Methods and policies that operate with multiple layers of protection to ensure single failures do not lead to accidents. The fact it was the tractor vs the monorail is not some catch all that says 'operating procedures and rules do not apply'.

If a local metro worker is killed while out on the tracks due to electrocution on the rails... just because no train was involved that doesn't mean the Metro department isn't responsible for defining and enforcing safe working procedures out on in the rail yard. The idea this is a tractor and not a monorail is insignificant when talking about how the department is operating.

Well duh it is under the transportation department, do I have to list everything out? Apparently others cannot grasp the simple short statements that others seem to be able to make. Where did I state that it was not under the transportation department? Please point it out if you could be so kind.

It's about how the department OPERATES - not who owns what you twit. You keep lashing out without even comprehending what people are saying making yourself look like an idiot because you see words and can't grasp the actual message.

orky8

I just got back from nearly a week at the Contemporary with a TPV and did not see lime all week, despite looking for it. It seems unlikely I would have missed it, but it's possible.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Lots of talk, but has anyone actually seen anything? Has Lime been seen out and about? Has any CM caught a glimpse of it in the barn with a broken nose?

Not being sarcastic...I'm really asking these questions. This is something that the local news folk would usually jump on, but other than this thread, there seems to be no actual evidence, which I agree is strange.

WDW71fan posted this earlier in the thread. I accept his word as confirmation....

Monorail Lime sustained damage to it's cab nose, including the fiber comp. shell, electrical, and safety lighting systems.. Propulsion was unaffected.. Most of the damage (while significant) was reserved to cosmestic and 'exterior' on the train..
Expect parts from Teal to be pulled and repainted to be fit onto Lime... Teal is a while off coming back into the system right now (upgrades and testing for the TCMP) and can wait on the new parts... The system won't be on 10 trains for very long..

Monorail_Red

Cab from teal is being swapped onto lime tomorrow night.. it will then enter the paint shop.. and be re striped as lime..

I would like to know where you got this information from. Swapping the leading/trailing cars around is much easier said than done. It took a few months for them to do this with Teal back in 2009, and even that was a rush job.

We saw Lime running on March 10th. It looked like nothing had ever hit it.

So Lime was out two days after the alleged incident, which was also one day before the "cab swap" (which again, by absolutely no means is a simple or quick process) as reported in a previous post. Anybody see where I'm going with this?

asianway

So Lime was out two days after the alleged incident, which was also one day before the "cab swap" (which again, by absolutely no means is a simple or quick process) as reported in a previous post. Anybody see where I'm going with this?
I wouldn't trust wdw71fan if he told me the sky was blue, but I don't doubt an accident occur

Monorail_Red

With the amount of use and abuse these trains get - they will get scarred up from time to time. So if anything happened with Lime recently, it couldn't have been anything too far beyond the severity of a ding in your car door for example. Things like this happen...when I was there sometimes a maintenance panel latch would come loose, causing the panel to open slightly and catch the station structure and would need to be repainted because it was scuffed up. It happens. Bottom line...there is no hard evidence that an incident of this scale as reported by the OP has occurred. Just my .02 but I think its time to close this one down.

Tom

Beta Return
Not doubting you per se, but are you sure it was lime (not green)? The green one with the deltas? If you say yes, I will believe you, but I looked for it for four days constantly watching the resort and express lines, and never saw it.

Indeed, and "green" is pretty lime looking, so unless someone knows to look for the Deltas, it could easily be confused.

I was going to ask the same thing. Unless you eat/sleep/breathe monorails, the green looks very limey, especially when you have nothing to compare it to. The deltas are the only way I know when I see them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom