Work Tractor Collides with Monorail Lime

orky8

I was going to ask the same thing. Unless you eat/sleep/breathe monorails, the green looks very limey, especially when you have nothing to compare it to. The deltas are the only way I know when I see them.

NM, misread your post -- we are agreed :)

flynnibus

Premium Member
Anybody see where I'm going with this?

Yes, you are eager to claim this didn't happen because you have no 'hard proof'..... you discount posters with known credibility reporting on the topic yet you are ready and willing to accept a passing poster claiming to see the train when we all know its easy to confuse which train is which.

So yeah, it's easy to see where you have been going with this

WeekendGM

Original Poster
Lime has not left the paint rail at shop since the incident. Disney is keeping this one locked up better than fort knox, by keeping the damaged nose in the paint booth.
I heard they sequestered cast at TTC from even going out that morning because they didn't want pictures of it getting out.

asianway

Yes, you are eager to claim this didn't happen because you have no 'hard proof'..... you discount posters with known credibility reporting on the topic yet you are ready and willing to accept a passing poster claiming to see the train when we all know its easy to confuse which train is which.

So yeah, it's easy to see where you have been going with this
It's awesome that Celebration Place has the power to clamp down all social media channels on something like this.

Clamman73

Lime has not left the paint rail at shop since the incident. Disney is keeping this one locked up better than fort knox, by keeping the damaged nose in the paint booth.

At the roundhouse, is there a whole beam that's totally enclosed inside that's a dedicated paint booth area?

orky8

Check this page in the next month. IF this incident occurred, and IF there were injuries caused, there will be a report here.

https://www.osha.gov/pls/imis/estab...tyear=2009&endmonth=03&endday=21&endyear=2014

Everyone else is just wildly speculating and sniping at each other.

Well, except that monorail lime appears to have gone missing. I'm quite confident it was not out last week (though I admittedly can't be absolutely certain). Whether that was to have the interior refurbished thanks to the recent expose on these boards about the horrible condition inside or because it was hit by the work tractor or struck by a comet is still unconfirmed. But, of those three, being hit by the work tractor seems the most likely...

Figment2005

At the roundhouse, is there a whole beam that's totally enclosed inside that's a dedicated paint booth area?
Yes, the final beam, I think it is 10, is for the paint booth. I believe the booth itself is large enough to contain 2 cars, and it is able to be sealed from the rest of the shop. This is where the damaged end is positioned. That means they had to back it into shop.

dstrawn9889

yes, looking at SHOP from the south, facing north, the paint beam is the furthest West(left side). you can see it in google earth by typing 28°25'30.48"N, 81°34'43.73"W at least that is where i believe it to be, behind the tractor parked there

asianway

Yes, the final beam, I think it is 10, is for the paint booth. I believe the booth itself is large enough to contain 2 cars, and it is able to be sealed from the rest of the shop. This is where the damaged end is positioned. That means they had to back it into shop.
I'm pretty sure monorails can only go into shop driving cab 6, no? There's no reversing loop on the beamway-you can only go one way

Disvillain63

Not doubting you per se, but are you sure it was lime (not green)? The green one with the deltas? If you say yes, I will believe you, but I looked for it for four days constantly watching the resort and express lines, and never saw it.
I couldn't say ... not sure about deltas ... it looked more lime than green...who knows. I do know that I counted 10 different monorails that day.

Monorail_Red

That means they had to back it into shop.

I'm pretty sure monorails can only go into shop driving cab 6, no? There's no reversing loop on the beamway-you can only go one way

The trains can only go into shop one way, car 6 ends up being the furthest in while car 1 is closest to the door. Bringing a train into shop required operating the train from cab 6.

Goofyernmost

Man, what a way to make a minor incident sound sinister. Should they load it on a flatbed truck and parade it through downtown Orlando? If they are repainting the cab why would anyone expect it to be out? Why? Because there is nothing there to acknowledge if it did happen. It is damage to there own property, it is no one else's business, contrary to the belief of some. If you scraped your garage door frame with your car would you tell the news media about it. Nothing to see here... everyone move along.

Goofyernmost

OK, you said some stuff, but, what significance does it have. Backed in? Is that an indication of anything other then that is how they have to do it? Paint booths not only can be sealed they have to be to prevent the rest of the place from dealing with the fumes and spray of paint. Very common OSHA requirement. It is only closed off and segregated from the rest of the place as a safety procedure, it's not sealed really, just segregated and vented independent of the rest of the place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom