Work at Wonder of Life? (Pics)

Medic2891

As I understand it from a podcast I recently listened to, they are going to be reopening this pavilion for a short time between now and the end of the year. I am not sure as to the reason why, but they are going to do it. Hope this is helpful to some of you out there.

As I understand it from a podcast I recently listened to, they are going to be reopening this pavilion for a short time between now and the end of the year. I am not sure as to the reason why, but they are going to do it. Hope this is helpful to some of you out there.

It will be open the 26th of November through the 31st of December, for the holiday season

PhilharMagician

makes me miss cranium command..

That is the only good reason to go into the pavillion. If anything happens to this pavillion this show really needs to be saved.

BW needed to be updated 15 years ago and the pavillion may have survived. Every pavillion needs a anchor attraction to draw the crowds, unfortunately WOL now has a boat anchor.

Now also with the press realease about Disney becoming a health conscience company maybe that is some of the drive to get this pavillion going again.

meryll83

I used to love all the optical illusions, bikes and experiments as a child. All the hands on stuff was great.
When I think about it now though, the stuff in there does seem quite dated.
(However, I've not seen this stuff since I was young, I'm just imagining that now it would seem dated to me)

I used to love all the optical illusions, bikes and experiments as a child. All the hands on stuff was great.
When I think about it now though, the stuff in there does seem quite dated.
(However, I've not seen this stuff since I was young, I'm just imagining that now it would seem dated to me)

I don't know, I spent a good half hour running around and playing with all of the optical illusions/experiments (the bikes were covered) the other day with my coworkers...we had an absolute blast and we are in the 18-21 range.

meryll83

I don't know, I spent a good half hour running around and playing with all of the optical illusions/experiments (the bikes were covered) the other day with my coworkers...we had an absolute blast and we are in the 18-21 range.
Well that's pretty cool to hear.:sohappy: I'm 23, will be 24 when I visit, so I'm looking forward to enjoying it all over again.
I will definitely be paying a visit if it's open on my next visit.
I can't even imagine how much time I spent in there as a kid....

wedway71

Im confused.They are using that nappy silver base as the WOL entrance sign for guests to walk by ????-Is this permanent or temporary?

wedway71

Yeah, they never sat like they look now, though. They used to have a great water effect. You can see it pretty well in the old pics, but it doesn't do it justice. The old effect was, well, refreshing.

So I hope they plan on filling the water back in before its opened back up to cover all the lighting-lol

meanstreak82

I don't know if this is what you guys are talking about, but I said in post #66 a couple of weeks ago the fountain at the base of the sign was on. I was there about a week and a half ago and it was on then too.

Chance

I had an opportunity to take a look inside WOL in January of this year. We participated in the Disney Institute team building program and had a private dinner in the kodak (I think kodak) room upstairs. It's like a big circus tent. The WOL and its contents seemed squeaky clean and ready to open at any moment (although sadly empty too - knowing it wouldn't) Weird - we actually had to push those "potted plants aside" to get into the area and did some of our taping of the program just past that yellow tape. I think I have some photos - Ill try and find them and figure out how to make them available.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Kodak sponsors Imagination. Wonders was sponsored by Metropolitan Life, later just "MetLife" (a holding company thingy).

Being void of a sponsor, the lounge is known as the Wonders Retreat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom