Work at Wonder of Life? (Pics)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Yup, Energy has a lounge. It has a boardroom in it too, it was used extensively for a while before the current rehab in 96, then with the new show lighting on the ride they boarded up the window that overlooks the first show scene of the diorama, so the lounge felt very cut off from the rest of the pavilion. The entrance is just behind the one of the columns on the right side of the building, facing wonders - it's two stories.

The Wonders Lounge is between Body Wars and Cranium Command mostly on the second floor, and can be accessed from backstage and onstage. In the "Frontier of Medicine" (exit area of Body Wars) there's a dark area in the back corner that has a video camera and keypad/sidecard identification thing where the receptionist would buzz you in. Backstage, there's an elevator.

In the Wonders dome, it pretty much takes up the whole wall of glass panels next to the Body Wars mural that extends over toward Cranium Command. It's big, with a main area and then the seperate boardroom, with the reception desk and the elevators and a kitchen and everything. There even used to be a photo-op with carousel horses, and there's a puppet-theater wagon they used to entertain people's kids with.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
SSEs was/is in the back of Earthstation / (new) Global Neighborhood - accessed from a lift or stairs in the west cylinder of the building. The lounge looked south through the black windows above the central plaza.

Test Tracks is above the entrance area; I believe now it has a interior view over the inside attraction. In the World of Motion days it was accessed via a lift off the corridor from the portico to Transcenter.

Imaginations is behind the Magic Eye Theatre; reached via the long ramp behind the theatre building (turn right as you exit the theatre)

If memory serves, The Land has one south of the climate scenes, which it also looks out onto (the Farm, I think)

And The Seas has one above the original ride loading area.

Chape19714

SSEs was/is in the back of Earthstation / (new) Global Neighborhood - accessed from a lift or stairs in the west cylinder of the building. The lounge looked south through the black windows above the central plaza.

Test Tracks is above the entrance area; I believe now it has a interior view over the inside attraction. In the World of Motion days it was accessed via a lift off the corridor from the portico to Transcenter.

Imaginations is behind the Magic Eye Theatre; reached via the long ramp behind the theatre building (turn right as you exit the theatre)

If memory serves, The Land has one south of the climate scenes, which it also looks out onto (the Farm, I think)

And The Seas has one above the original ride loading area.
The Land's Lounge is directly above The Garden Grill Restraunt. Although it doesn't rotate, you can walk around for the same view (but higher up) that the restraunt gets, including a view of the open lobby/eating area of the Food Fair. It is accessed via eleavator.

GM's lounge has views of both the outisde of Test Track/Epcot and of the inside.

I've seen that ramp and often wondered where it went, always assumed it just went backstage. :wave:

meanstreak82

By the way, I noticed that the LEDs within the sign were on in the photos (and when we were at Epcot yesterday.) I've never noticed this and I assume they've kept the sign off since it went into seasonal status after the holidays.

I was at Epcot last night, and the LEDs on the sign were on again (not to mention the sign was fully lit otherwise). I don't know if it was like this the other night, but the fountain WAS on at the base of the sign. Also, you could see into the building from the closed sign and the lights were on. Now, that wouldn't be interesting except for the fact that the Sensory Funhouse sign inside the building was on and spinning. Now that I think about it, that's not all THAT interesting either, but just a little bit of news.

Horizons1

I was at Epcot last night, and the LEDs on the sign were on again (not to mention the sign was fully lit otherwise). I don't know if it was like this the other night, but the fountain WAS on at the base of the sign. Also, you could see into the building from the closed sign and the lights were on. Now, that wouldn't be interesting except for the fact that the Sensory Funhouse sign inside the building was on and spinning. Now that I think about it, that's not all THAT interesting either, but just a little bit of news.

Well, supposedly the lights are always on inside of the pavilion because of the plants inside. Something along those lines, but was the fountain filled with water or were the lights just on?

PintoColvig

Well, supposedly the lights are always on inside of the pavilion because of the plants inside. Something along those lines, but was the fountain filled with water or were the lights just on?

They may keep the lights on for the reason that you said. But Meanstreak also mentioned that the Sensory Funhouse sign inside the building was on and spinning as well. I wonder what the explanation is for that. :confused:

Horizons1

They may keep the lights on for the reason that you said. But Meanstreak also mentioned that the Sensory Funhouse sign inside the building was on and spinning as well. I wonder what the explanation is for that. :confused:

I dont know, I think it is always on in there. I seem to remember someone here pointing that out a long time ago, like back in the begining of the year.
Looks like its time for a thread search...

I believe they hold training in WoL for guests doing the Segway tour, so perhaps they leave them on to preserve the Magical guest experience

Main Street USA

I believe they hold training in WoL for guests doing the Segway tour, so perhaps they leave them on to preserve the Magical guest experience
When did they stop using the old room in Future World West?

If they're doing the "training" in WoL, it may be worth the price of the tour with the old model Segways. I sure wish they'd upgrade to the newer ones with "lean" technology.

When did they stop using the old room in Future World West?

If they're doing the "training" in WoL, it may be worth the price of the tour with the old model Segways. I sure wish they'd upgrade to the newer ones with "lean" technology.

I'm not completely sure, I just saw a large group of people learning how to ride Segways over by Cranium Command. I suppose it could have been a large group of Cast Members being trained, but I still think they were guests. I can ask my managers at work tomorrow and let you know if the Segway tour goes through there or not :wave:

Speaking of Wonders...I bet you all can't guess who rode Body Wars today :D

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
was it as rough as ever? or even more rough?

Body probes tend to only have seizures after the hydraulic fluid has warmed up from long periods of extended use. I bet they worked better then ever - or creaked like they were gonna fall apart. Either way, Elizabeth Shoe took on the world's largest block of cheddar and lost - again.

DisneyJill

I am not sure when the Arch was removed, but its made it debut as the new parking entrance at the start of the 20th anniversary celebration in October of 90

So, if WoL opened in '89, the arch was taken down only after a year in '90? Possibly less depending on the months that it actually happened? That's weird. Unless they just intended for it to be a temporary part of the pavillions grand opening or something. :confused:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom