Work at Wonder of Life? (Pics)

PintoColvig

Maybe they have a Sponsor who might be interested in the pavillion, and Disney wants to show off what's there with guests inside. (I know, wishful thinking.)

So what's the real reason? Why now? Why during a slower time rather than a busy time?

And the biggest question...
Is this really for real? Or are we being set up for a big disappointment?

SirGoofy

Honestly at this point, I think WoL should be gutted and replaced. The pavillion was okay, probably the second worst of the original pavillions, with the Living Seas being the worst. Everything in it is out dated or already gone, and the place is straight outta the eighties. It's time for something new over there.

PintoColvig

Honestly at this point, I think WoL should be gutted and replaced. The pavillion was okay, probably the second worst of the original pavillions, with the Living Seas being the worst. Everything in it is out dated or already gone, and the place is straight outta the eighties. It's time for something new over there.
Actually, WoL isn't one of the original pavilions. It was opened circa 1989. Only Test Track and M:S are newer, I believe.

I'm okay with them gutting it and replacing it under three conditions:
1. That they update and relocate Cranium Command.
2. That they find a way to save the Body Wars mural. My favorite Hidden Mickey is in there.
3. That they wait until after December so that I can see the pavilion one more time.

askmike1

So what's the real reason? Why now? Why during a slower time rather than a busy time?
1) I believe the holidays is one of the most (if not the most) crowded time at WDW.
2) I believe it has to do with tax reasons (being a seasonal attraction).

I completely agree.

Horizons1

Why did the arch get taken down in the first place? I like it better than the current sign for the pavilion and its more noticeable, making it more obvious to guests that something is there. Not to metion the foliage was not all grown up over the pavilion like it is now.

Tiggerfanatic

I know there is an opening scheduled for late in the year, but I really hope they will begin to keep the pavillion open year-round again and revamp it back to some of what it used to be.

It is supposed to be open from Nov. 25 through the new year.

I hope you're right - we'll be there through the 27th and I was a little sad that it was going to be closed for our visit.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
ha ha. now to flip-flop it, does anyone remember (or have pics) of what the MK toll gate used to look like?
Am I too predictable??

Attachments

• WDW MK toll plaza 1990.jpg
    WDW MK toll plaza 1990.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 255

GymLeaderPhil

Wow, the old entrance is pretty bland.

By the way, I noticed that the LEDs within the sign were on in the photos (and when we were at Epcot yesterday.) I've never noticed this and I assume they've kept the sign off since it went into seasonal status after the holidays.

Chape19714

Extreme Makeover: Toll Plaza Edition.

Next week we take on ALL of the Greenway (but instead of 7 days, it'll take 7 years. :lookaroun)

PintoColvig

1) I believe the holidays is one of the most (if not the most) crowded time at WDW.

Christmas week is definitely the worst for crowds but not from Mon. after Thanksgiving up until Christmas Eve. It wasn't open last year during that lull between Thanksgiving and Christmas. It just sounds too good to be true. But I hope it is true. It would be a nice Christmas present. :xmas:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Man, that was a far better entrance.
Indeed it was; pics can`t show it, but as you`ve seen in the OP pics, each end of the arch stood on a base that was surrounded by fountain jets - as if it was standing on water. Another 80`s design florish.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom