"Woooooo!!" .. "Where's Adam?" - A Spring 2012 Trip Report

"Wooooooooooo!!" .. "Where's Adam?" - A Spring 2012 Trip Report

Ladies and gentleman.... Boys and girls... Welcome to my wonderful trip report!! From April 26th - May 7th, my sister, my mother and I went on a grand adventure to Walt Disney World. We laughed.. we cried.. we argued.. we ate lots of food, rode lots of rides and even met a character or two. It was the longest trip we have been on but felt like it went by in the blink of an eye. Always seems that way, right?

Anyway, I hope you enjoy my story tonight; "Wooooooooo!!" .. "Where's Adam?" - A Spring 2012 Trip Report! :)

Overview:
This trip carries the same cast of characters as all my previous trip reports: Ashley (sister - 26) Terryn (Mom - 21 again..) and me (Darolyn - 29)

DSC07746-1.jpg

Me, Marie and Ashley - November 2011

DSC07869-1.jpg

Mama Dukes! - November 2011

If you have read my PTR, you know most of what I'm about to review. So you can skip to Thursday if you want. If not, here's a little bit of info:

This trip, we decided to drive to save more money so we could attend the Tower of Terror 10 Miler in September. While driving wasn't that bad, I'd definitely rather fly. Unfortunately flights were all $300+ per person with terrible times and I think we ended up driving for about $500 total! We left Thursday evening April 26 and left the world on Sunday May 6th. Our timeshare is located off property and since its within 30 miles of WDW, we cannot exchange it for DVC! :( Such a bummer. And since we didn't book our resort until January, our home resort was booked. Sooooo we ended up at Orange Lake Resort on 192. It was on the AK side of 192 and we could see the top of Expedition Everest and fireworks from Epcot outside our room. More on how we liked the property at the end of the report!

We were staying at the timeshare Friday 4/27-Friday 5/4. We weren't leaving to head home until Sunday so we needed a room for the last 2 nights. There was no question that we would stay on property. We had originally decided to stay in a regular room at the Wilderness Lodge. After a bit of researching though, I figured out we could rent DVC points at get a studio room at the Wilderness Lodge villas for $140 less. WOOT WOOT!!! So we changed over and rented the points. I'll review how well we liked this process vs dealing with Disney direct at the end. (All of my reviews will be done at the end including resorts, dining and just general things)

So now that the recap is out of the way.... My friend is dropping off a copy of Photoshop for me so I can edit my photos! I will hopefully post some more tonight or tomorrow. I have a busy weekend planned so I can't promise anything!! I just wanted to get it started! :)

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Still loving this Trip Report!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you! :)

Uumm that part about you guys nearly dying on ToT HOW SCARY! :eek: I would've freaked out!
But the part about your server back at High Octane Refreshments OO LAA LA!! :D Get it girl! Hahahaha!

Yeah I seriously thought my life was over. haha. And I totally wanna go back to get another drink in Sept to see if he's still there. He was quite a hottie! haha

I liked your nighttime Studios shots. I really need to explore this park more but I always seem to hit it on an off day. And um...that Tower story was pretty freaky! :eek:

Was glad to see an update from you, definitely helped with the Disney fix that I desperately needed today. ^_^

We always make sure we have at least one morning and one evening at each park, especially Hollywood Studios in the morning so we can do the great TSMM FP rush!! lol I think it's my sister's favorite park (mine is still and always will be MK!)

minnielaw

First of all, I am so sorry about the unexpected loss of your friend. Prayers being said for your comfort.

Second, I am loving your TR and was so excited to see it posted! I enjoyed your last TR and the banter between you and John (Blackthidot)...gotta love that guy and his wicked sense of humor!

Your pictures are gorgeous! What kind of point and shoot do you have? I toyed with the idea of purchasing a DSLR, but I have no experience with photography and unfortunately don't have the time to learn right now (small business owner, mother of two teenagers, soccer mom, city attorney, laundress, cook....) I would LOVE to devote some serious time to learning photography. I appreciate the gorgeousness of the pics you took and thank you for sharing them with us!

Maybe you can head back to the bar after the ToT run and actually have a drink with the bartender! I will be at WDW Sept. 29-Oct. 7 although not doing the run. I am trying to plan a meet with Shelley too! Hello Shelley :) Can't wait to see your pics of the meeting.

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
I'm so sorry about your friend.
That is scary about ToT too. I would be freaking.

Thank you. And yes, it was super scary!! lol

First of all, I am so sorry about the unexpected loss of your friend. Prayers being said for your comfort.

Second, I am loving your TR and was so excited to see it posted! I enjoyed your last TR and the banter between you and John (Blackthidot)...gotta love that guy and his wicked sense of humor!

Your pictures are gorgeous! What kind of point and shoot do you have? I toyed with the idea of purchasing a DSLR, but I have no experience with photography and unfortunately don't have the time to learn right now (small business owner, mother of two teenagers, soccer mom, city attorney, laundress, cook....) I would LOVE to devote some serious time to learning photography. I appreciate the gorgeousness of the pics you took and thank you for sharing them with us!

Maybe you can head back to the bar after the ToT run and actually have a drink with the bartender! I will be at WDW Sept. 29-Oct. 7 although not doing the run. I am trying to plan a meet with Shelley too! Hello Shelley :) Can't wait to see your pics of the meeting.

Thanks for your prayers.

John is definitely.... different. haha :p

I actually have a Nikon D3100. I used the stock lens most of the time and sometimes I used the new lens my Mom and sister got me. It's pretty easy to use. My Mom got a new camera before we went. It's not a DSLP but it's a little bit more advanced than a point and shoot. Works out well for her and takes pretty good pics. I still have a LOT to learn with my camera though and to be honest I really have'nt even picked it up since my trip. I want to get out sometime soon and take some pics of Portland Headlight!!

Hopefully I will see you there as well! It's always nice to meet people after chatting with them online.

PartOfYourWorld

Sorry about your friend Darolyn :( And seriously love your pics of the studios...can't wait to get back there at night. I LOVE the neon lights there!

And seriously thats pretty scary about the Tower of Terror...but trust me as an engineer I know there are a million sensors on that thing, granted something could always still go wrong, but there are so many standards and regulations they need to be held to so I assure you those things are made with care :)

New Boston date soon? :)

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Sorry about your friend Darolyn :( And seriously love your pics of the studios...can't wait to get back there at night. I LOVE the neon lights there!

And seriously thats pretty scary about the Tower of Terror...but trust me as an engineer I know there are a million sensors on that thing, granted something could always still go wrong, but there are so many standards and regulations they need to be held to so I assure you those things are made with care :)

New Boston date soon? :)

The Studios is probably my favorite park at night! :)

And yes, new Boston date soon. Hopefully my cousin won't go and screw it up this time!! lol

Allie_Marie

Oh my god! Your ToT near death expierence, so scary, I would've been freaking out!! At least it worked out, they should've given you guys free FP or something!

I am terribly sorry for your loss. I hope you are coping well.

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Sunday 4/29 - MGM, Epcot and my first meet and greet with a WDWMagic'er!!

We awoke bright and early Sunday and were out the door by 8:30! I grabbed a juice and had one of those travel containers of Fruit Loops for breakfast. We arrived at MGM just a few minutes after rope drop.

DSC_0682-1.jpg

DSC_0683-1.jpg

Mom being the AWESOME person that she is went and grabbed TSMM FP's and Ashley and I headed down Sunset for our favorite attractions.

DSC_0685-1.jpg

DSC_0686-1.jpg

DSC_0689-1.jpg

We walked onto Rock N Roller Coaster and requested the very back seat. What a rush!! The back is definitely the best in my opinion!!

After that we hit up the Tower of Terror. It was great as usual. After that we decided to head back up Sunset and check out the new Star Tours!!

DSC_0692-1.jpg

DSC_0694-1.jpg

DSC_0696-1.jpg

Just like last trip, every time we were near the big hat, the High School Music show thingy was rolling through.

DSC_0697-1.jpg

We stopped to pay our respects to the late Mr. Clark. Well, not him really, but his statue.

DSCN7554-1.jpg

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Getting Ashley on Star Tours is a bit of a challange in itself. You see, back in 2009 (I think it was 2009 anyways) we were waiting to ride the old Star Tours and we're standing there talking. We were almost to the part where they direct you to your vehicle row. Well, Ashley didn't notice the Storm Trooper creep up behind her... and when she turned around I thought she was going to you know what in her pants! He scared the bajeezus outta her so bad, she screamed and tried to hide behind me. Mr. Storm Trooper turned to walk away but then turned around and pointed at his eyes then pointed at her. He did this several times as he made his way backstage. So needless to say she is freaked out by the queue and the possibility of another run in with a Storm Trooper. She does not like them AT ALL!!! haha

DSC_0699-1.jpg

DSC_0700-1.jpg

DSC_0701-1.jpg

I've never even seen a single Star Wars movie so Star Tours has never been a real favorite of ours, so I don't remember exactly what the old queue looked like. (I do however, remember one time we were walking through and some robots head fell off and down off the platform he was standing on. He was to the right as you were walking up, I don't remember 100% where. But I will never forget that, looking at the robot and his head falling off lol) The new queue did look really good though.

DSC_0703-1.jpg

DSC_0704-1.jpg

Ohhhh, I think I'll go to the Lightspeed Lounge, please and thanks! Someone mix me a drink!!
DSC_0706-1.jpg

DSC_0707-1.jpg

The wait time stated 10 minutes but we didn't wait that long. The line moved pretty quickly. I was actually a little nervous as this was the first time we were trying it out and I didn't know how I would handle the 3D effects. I was fully prepared to yank off my glasses if needed!

Neither Ashley nor I was picked as the rebel spy. Bummer!!!! It was the little boy behind us. Since I have no clue about Star Wars, I had no clue where we went. I know we had Yoda and went to some snow place and then a place that looked like a city. I asked Shelley (Fashionista007) later on that day and her and her hubby told me where we went but I can't remember now!! (EDIT: After typing that, I decided to look it up and it appears we went to Hoth and to Coruscant.. not that that means anything to me. Dang it... I think I need to watch Star Wars!!! lol)

After we exited Tatooine Traders, we saw that the Jedi Training Academy was starting. I spotted some Storm Troopers up next to the entrance to Star Tours. I grabbed Ashley and told her we should go on again. She reluctantly followed, until I stopped next to the Storm Troopers. She freaked!! I took this picture. I think I'm going to print it out, blow it up and frame it for her!

DSC_0708-1.jpg

We watched the show for a few minutes before continuing on.

DSC_0711-1.jpg

DSC_0712-1.jpg

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.

Love this pic! Excellent job.

Look nobody likes to be eye balled, but if it's going to happen it might at as well be by the coolest guys in white -Storm Troopers! I like the idea of framing that pic for your sister. Perfect birthday surprise.

Again - Great Job Keep the Report Rolling! I'm loving it!

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Love this pic! Excellent job.

Look nobody likes to be eye balled, but if it's going to happen it might at as well be by the coolest guys in white -Storm Troopers! I like the idea of framing that pic for your sister. Perfect birthday surprise.

Again - Great Job Keep the Report Rolling! I'm loving it!

Thank you!! Her birthday is in 2 weeks... I think I'm gonna do it!! haha

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
So I'm going to try and get another update up today but... some bad news first.

I lost my memory card with all my photos on it. I put it in my camera bag to bring with me to a baseball game Tuesday night. One of the Red Sox players was playing here in Portland and I wanted to get some good pics. I went to put my camera together and the memory card wasn't in the bag. Nor was it in my mother's car or my car or on the ground around the cars. The only thing I'm thinking was when I opened my bag at bag check to go into the game, it fell out somehow. ARGH!!! I have a call into the baseball stadium to see if it turned up at lost and found but I'm not holding my breath that it will be found. Sooooo upset since I only have the first 2 days worth of photos uploaded to my photobucket :( So I will attempt to finish this TR but it will rely only on pics from my mom's and my sister's cameras (and they hardly took any) So bummed out right now :(

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.

I lost my memory card with all my photos on it. I put it in my camera bag to bring with me to a baseball game Tuesday night. One of the Red Sox players was playing here in Portland and I wanted to get some good pics. I went to put my camera together and the memory card wasn't in the bag. Nor was it in my mother's car or my car or on the ground around the cars. The only thing I'm thinking was when I opened my bag at bag check to go into the game, it fell out somehow. ARGH!!! I have a call into the baseball stadium to see if it turned up at lost and found but I'm not holding my breath that it will be found. Sooooo upset since I only have the first 2 days worth of photos uploaded to my photobucket :( So I will attempt to finish this TR but it will rely only on pics from my mom's and my sister's cameras (and they hardly took any) So bummed out right now :(

Ahhh...this completely sux..more for you because they're your memories..but it sux for us because you've got an awesome TR going.......But don't panic!!!! I bet it turns up. I'm bad about stuff like this..constantly misplacing stuff etc. (it's a sign of genius I'm told..:rolleyes: LOL..) and 99 percent of the time when I finally look everywhere I possibly can it eventually turns up. I'm not saying you're like me misplacing stuff etc...just using my exterme absent mindedness as an extreme example.

If it does appear (which I bet it will) I promise it will be in the last place you look.:)

PRNCSAurora

I love your trip report!
I also live in MA and I couldn't imagine driving down to FL. I don't think everyone in my vehicle would make it down there.

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Ahhh...this completely sux..more for you because they're your memories..but it sux for us because you've got an awesome TR going.......But don't panic!!!! I bet it turns up. I'm bad about stuff like this..constantly misplacing stuff etc. (it's a sign of genius I'm told..:rolleyes: LOL..) and 99 percent of the time when I finally look everywhere I possibly can it eventually turns up. I'm not saying you're like me misplacing stuff etc...just using my exterme absent mindedness as an extreme example.

If it does appear (which I bet it will) I promise it will be in the last place you look.:)

Oh I misplace stuff all the time!! But I checked both cars I was in Tuesday night and I even checked on the ground around the cars to make sure it didn't fall out... I had it when I left work... an hour later when I opened my camera bag it was gone :( I'll almost 100% certain it fell out of the bag at bag check. DANG BAG CHECK!!!! ugh... hopefully someone found it there and turned it in. And even then it may have been stepped on hundreds of time....

I love your trip report!
I also live in MA and I couldn't imagine driving down to FL. I don't think everyone in my vehicle would make it down there.

Thank you for reading!! :) It was a long drive that's for sure! lol

Blueskyze

Noooooooo!!! I can imagine how bummed you are - fingers crossed it turns up! Really enjoying your TR, the storm trooper story cracked me up! I'm a big Star Wars fan, so that would've made my day to see that interaction. :)

melflip8

Oh boo! I just got all caught up! I'll be right there with you doing the TOT 10 Miler in Sept! I'm running solo, the BF is spectating so maybe I'll post up near some of the fellow WDW Magic peeps!

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Noooooooo!!! I can imagine how bummed you are - fingers crossed it turns up! Really enjoying your TR, the storm trooper story cracked me up! I'm a big Star Wars fan, so that would've made my day to see that interaction. :)

Yeah, I am super bummer. Still haven't found it. UGH!!! The Storm Troopers don't bother me but boy, they sure scare my sister!! lol

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Oh boo! I just got all caught up! I'll be right there with you doing the TOT 10 Miler in Sept! I'm running solo, the BF is spectating so maybe I'll post up near some of the fellow WDW Magic peeps!

Yes, you should definitely meet up with some of us!! I think we're planning on meeting up before the race but if not then definitely after!! :)

enchanted_belle

I need to catch up so badly apparently (this is what happens when you have like no internet for 2 weeks boo!)...

I love the story of Ash with the Storm Troopers. And YES you need to go watch Star Wars. Do it. NOW. I had my SW shirt I bought on the Feb trip stolen from me for a few days at camp last week... so in honor of my shirt you need to watch it. :) Do it. lol.

I'm so sorry about your memory card!!!!!!!!!!!!!! booooooo.

meet up with us! we're awesome!!!! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom