"Woooooo!!" .. "Where's Adam?" - A Spring 2012 Trip Report

"Wooooooooooo!!" .. "Where's Adam?" - A Spring 2012 Trip Report

Ladies and gentleman.... Boys and girls... Welcome to my wonderful trip report!! From April 26th - May 7th, my sister, my mother and I went on a grand adventure to Walt Disney World. We laughed.. we cried.. we argued.. we ate lots of food, rode lots of rides and even met a character or two. It was the longest trip we have been on but felt like it went by in the blink of an eye. Always seems that way, right?

Anyway, I hope you enjoy my story tonight; "Wooooooooo!!" .. "Where's Adam?" - A Spring 2012 Trip Report! :)

Overview:
This trip carries the same cast of characters as all my previous trip reports: Ashley (sister - 26) Terryn (Mom - 21 again..) and me (Darolyn - 29)

DSC07746-1.jpg

Me, Marie and Ashley - November 2011

DSC07869-1.jpg

Mama Dukes! - November 2011

If you have read my PTR, you know most of what I'm about to review. So you can skip to Thursday if you want. If not, here's a little bit of info:

This trip, we decided to drive to save more money so we could attend the Tower of Terror 10 Miler in September. While driving wasn't that bad, I'd definitely rather fly. Unfortunately flights were all $300+ per person with terrible times and I think we ended up driving for about $500 total! We left Thursday evening April 26 and left the world on Sunday May 6th. Our timeshare is located off property and since its within 30 miles of WDW, we cannot exchange it for DVC! :( Such a bummer. And since we didn't book our resort until January, our home resort was booked. Sooooo we ended up at Orange Lake Resort on 192. It was on the AK side of 192 and we could see the top of Expedition Everest and fireworks from Epcot outside our room. More on how we liked the property at the end of the report!

We were staying at the timeshare Friday 4/27-Friday 5/4. We weren't leaving to head home until Sunday so we needed a room for the last 2 nights. There was no question that we would stay on property. We had originally decided to stay in a regular room at the Wilderness Lodge. After a bit of researching though, I figured out we could rent DVC points at get a studio room at the Wilderness Lodge villas for $140 less. WOOT WOOT!!! So we changed over and rented the points. I'll review how well we liked this process vs dealing with Disney direct at the end. (All of my reviews will be done at the end including resorts, dining and just general things)

So now that the recap is out of the way.... My friend is dropping off a copy of Photoshop for me so I can edit my photos! I will hopefully post some more tonight or tomorrow. I have a busy weekend planned so I can't promise anything!! I just wanted to get it started! :)

diddy_mouse

Oh no! That stinks about your memory card!

I liked your pictures in the Star Wars queue. I can't wait to ride it, seeing how I haven't been on it since the refurb.

enchanted_belle

I definitely shall! I guess we'll figure it out as it gets closer?

Definitely. I think some prelim ideas are being thrown around in the Running at Disney ToT thread though... I haven't looked to see if there's more specifics though! :) Which resort are you at (as we hijack Darolyn's TR!)

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Oh no! That stinks about your memory card!

I liked your pictures in the Star Wars queue. I can't wait to ride it, seeing how I haven't been on it since the refurb.

The queue was very cool! I like refurbed version a lot better than the old one!! :)

Definitely. I think some prelim ideas are being thrown around in the Running at Disney ToT thread though... I haven't looked to see if there's more specifics though! :) Which resort are you at (as we hijack Darolyn's TR!)

Hijack away!!! lol

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
We headed back down New York Street in search of the umbrella. Yes, out of all our visits there, we have never found the umbrella.... Probably cause we were never really looking for it!! Would our luck change this time?

DSC_0714-1.jpg

DSC_0719-1.jpg

DSC_0720-1.jpg

New York Street is a really good place to take pictures. Lots of photo ops there!!

DSC_0724-1.jpg

DSC_0726-1.jpg

DSCN7555-1.jpg

DSCN7556-1.jpg

DSC_0729-1.jpg

DSC_0732-1.jpg

Now where is that darn umbrella?!?....

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Oh here it is!!!! YAY!! Finally found it.... Time to strike a pose!!!

DSC_0733-1.jpg

DSC_0734-1.jpg

We decided to head back down through Pixar Place. On the way though, we stopped to see about some monsters!!!

Hugs for Mike and Sully!!!

DSC_0739-1.jpg

DSC_0740-1.jpg

This picture makes me laugh hysterically because it looks like Sully is punching me square in the face. He was really playing with my earrings though.

DSC_0743-1.jpg

Awkward posing here.....

DSC_0749-1.jpg

We stopped for a potty break and then headed towards Pixar Place to redeem our FP for TSM!

DSC_0751-1.jpg

DSC_0752-1.jpg

Now, surprisingly, Fp for TSMM weren't gone by this time (I think it was like 10:30) and the return time was only like 4:00pm. So we grabbed another set for later!

DSC_0754-1.jpg

DSC_0755-1.jpg

..... And sadly, this is where my pictures from the trip end :( Lost memory cards are no fun. BUT - I do have some pics from my Mom's camera and from my sister's camera as well as some from my iphone and all my food pics!! So the rest of the TR will be light on pics but I'll post as many as I can. (Still waiting to hear from the baseball stadium to see if they found my memory card!!)

minnielaw

That is so awful that you lost your memory card! :eek: Thanks for the TR update...I have been patiently stalking the thread waiting for more!

Getting seriously worried about John (blackthidot)...he is conspicuously absent on this TR. Methinks someone needs to do some recon work :cool:

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
That is so awful that you lost your memory card! :eek: Thanks for the TR update...I have been patiently stalking the thread waiting for more!

Getting seriously worried about John (blackthidot)...he is conspicuously absent on this TR. Methinks someone needs to do some recon work :cool:

yeah, I am super sad I lost my card too. Doesn't look like they found it at the basbeall stadium. Boooo :(

John is alive. I talked to him yesterday. IDK why he hasn't been on here much lately though..

jenseib

UGH! How frustrating. I lost a memory card last year from our cruise, but luckily I had 3 camera going and it didn't have a ton of important pictures.

PartOfYourWorld

So I've totally been MIA for about a month...whoops. Anyways..bummed about your memory card! Did you ever hear back from the stadium??

And wicked funny story about Ashley....I LOVE the storm troopers! And don't worry, I've only watched one Star Wars film...so I don't know much either. But the ride is fun :)

And all your pics of DHS...it's making me impatient for September! I want to go there now!!!!!!! 68 days away....its coming closer and closer....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ASHLEY!!!!! :D

I'm pretty good at that... ;) Did it to Jess's one too many times back in the spring teehee.

haha yes :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom