Wookies, & Rebels, & Droids... OH WHY?! The Anti-SWL in Disneyland Thread

Donaldfan1934

Totally! But there were two concurrent projects under development, eventually TDO just cancelled their version and opted to utilize a slightly modified version of Disneyland’s project in the old backlot plot.

Up until construction walls went up our insiders still thought the echo lake site and building re-utilization was a go.

I guess all of which is to say if Florida didn’t build SW:GE whatsoever it probably wouldn’t have looked all too different in DL.
Thank you for clearing that up. I was somehwhat misinformed as to how things went down with the land’s development. While I do remember hearing the reports of there initially being two different plans before the final plan was announced, I was always under the impression that DL early plan was a Tomorrowland redo and the idea of Batuu was created simultaneously with both parks in mind.

That being said, the overall idea I presented in my original post still stands regardless of how I inaccurately described SW:GE in terms of cloning. Disney used to take measures to ensure any changes and additions did as little as possible to disrupt the individual park’s identity but now they could care less if every park becomes a total hodge-podge as long as they synrgize with the company’s lucrative IP. As far as I’m concerned, SW:GE’s placement in DL is still the most egregious example of this approach despite the final plan for it being originally designed for that park specifically.

Touchdown

Seismic charge + going through the Death Star>Visiting Jar Jar’s home. If we either maimed or killed Jar Jar I might have a different opinion.

George Lucas on a Bench

No, a failure would be Hagrid's ride, the curbs on Main Street, the widened Adventureland entrance, the benches in front of the Haunted Mansion, Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout and the new castle paint. At least, that's what I read on the internet.

George Lucas on a Bench

E.T. does have a breathtaking woodland waiting area that continues to impress guests, but the ride is largely unimpressive. Like The Haunted Mansion, it's mostly low-tech and unbelievably charming. That's what makes it great.

I think Star Wars Land is supposed to be more grand and technically sophisticated.

mickEblu

No, a failure would be Hagrid's ride, the curbs on Main Street, the widened Adventureland entrance, the benches in front of the Haunted Mansion, Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout and the new castle paint. At least, that's what I read on the internet.

Lol well haven’t you done a complete 180? When I first got here a few years ago, you would complain about everything. In fact, I think my first post here was questioning what the heck you do like at the parks.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Lol well haven’t you done a complete 180? When I first got here a few years ago, you would complain about everything. In fact, I think my first post here was questioning what the heck you do like at the parks.

Well, take nothing he says at face value. 90% of it is just make up to either be funny, hold a running joke, or troll

fctiger

Lol oh I know. I just thought that maybe after a few years I picked up ability to tell if he was being semi-serious. He’s been on this new persona for a while so...

I mean @Curious Constance went through a big change too and she ll admit it.

Funny I use to read her posts a lot on LaughingPlace. She use to be so positive and a defender of most things Disney. Come here and she seems pretty down on a lot of it. I guess people do have their phases. I use to be down on a lot of it during the Pressler era and especially when DCA opened. I was bitter about a lot of it then. Now, I'm mostly positive on it even if I still have my issues with some of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom