News Wondrous Journeys firework show coming to Disneyland

jrhwdw

There’s no reason why they wouldn’t bring WJ back. Don’t know why some think they won’t.
We don't know what DL is planning. DL had a set schedule before the 60th: RDCT-Magical-Halloween Screams(sometimes for Parties only)-Believe In Holiday Magic. But after the 60th, its anyone's guess what DL wants to do from NYE till Labor Day.

TTA94

We don't know what DL is planning. DL had a set schedule before the 60th: RDCT-Magical-Halloween Screams(sometimes for Parties only)-Believe In Holiday Magic. But after the 60th, its anyone's guess what DL wants to do from NYE till Labor Day.

True, but my bet is, at least around summer, WJ, F!, MH, PTN, WOC One. It’s d23 expo year to so im sure they’ll want DL to shine.

Squishy

Its odd that the 100th is ending so soon, the real 100th starts in Oct... I've read somewhere on twitter the 100th mickey statue on main street isn't returning after Christmas.

jrhwdw

True, but my bet is, at least around summer, WJ, F!, MH, PTN, WOC One. It’s d23 expo year to so im sure they’ll want DL to shine.
Quite the impressive lineup!! Wish we knew more about Night Parades.....

Do we think WOC One is staying? I'm not saying it shouldn't, just wondering.

TTA94

Quite the impressive lineup!! Wish we knew more about Night Parades.....

Do we think WOC One is staying? I'm not saying it shouldn't, just wondering.

Yeah it would be a great lineup. I actually don’t know how popular WoC One is but I personally love the theme song.

wtyy21

Its odd that the 100th is ending so soon, the real 100th starts in Oct... I've read somewhere on twitter the 100th mickey statue on main street isn't returning after Christmas.
I also would think so about too soon ending of the celebration despite Disney themselves not yet reached 100 until October. However, i suspected that they would divert many of its celebratory events related to Disney100 from DL to another place, particularly EPCOT. In EPCOT, Disney100 celebration didn't begin until this month on September 22. Even Disneyland Paris didn't even celebrate Disney 100th anniversary until its actual anniversary (October 16).

This is the example how many 100th decorations took down at Disneyland even before it's actual 100th anniversary date. Some are switch to Halloween time decoration, some is not, particularly the castle.

I expected even 100th castle decoration maybe took down before holiday season begins.

NotCalledBob

I saw both Wonderous Journeys and Halloween Screams for the first time this week.

I absolutely loved Wonderous Journeys.

Halloween Screams was fun, but it doesn't have the power and heart of a 'proper' Disney fireworks show. I wouldn't go out my way to watch it again. Whereas I could watch Wonderous Journeys over, and over.

Disney must know what they are doing to put Halloween Screams on for 2 months instead of showing WJ, they know their audience (but their audience are wrong 😉😉).

flurbyblurb

I saw both Wonderous Journeys and Halloween Screams for the first time this week.

I absolutely loved Wonderous Journeys.

Halloween Screams was fun, but it doesn't have the power and heart of a 'proper' Disney fireworks show. I wouldn't go out my way to watch it again. Whereas I could watch Wonderous Journeys over, and over.

Disney must know what they are doing to put Halloween Screams on for 2 months instead of showing WJ, they know their audience (but their audience are wrong 😉😉).
Maybe this is just nostalgia talking (I really don't think so) but Halloween Screams was better 4-5+ years ago. It used to be my second favorite fireworks show of all time, behind only RDCT. But they made several seemingly small, but significant changes over the years:

1. They cut back on the most impactful (imo) pyro, which were the low-level barrages during the "everyone hail to the pumpkin song" parts. Now during that segment they shoot only a fraction of the shells off the castle.

2. For this part I might be in the minority, but I don't like the castle projections. They feel "low effort" especially compared to WJ's. It used to be pure lighting effects (and gobo projections, but not video projectors). I thought it had much better choreography with the music back then, and clearly much thought and care was put into the exact lighting effects and color schemes used throuogut the show. The replacement projections feel "slapped on". The projections on main street are fine. It's the castle ones I don't like.

3. And of course, this is the first year that Halloween Screams did not have any flamethrower pyro during the Hellfire segment due to the fallout from the Dragon incident back in April. Again, that was always a showstopper moment.

So all that said, I agree that WJ is better than Halloween Screams as it exists now.

PiratesMansion

Wondrous Journeys is incredible, but I can't really fault them for switching over to Halloween Screams and then Believe, so long as Wondrous Journeys returns after those are over.

THAT SAID, even though I love all things Halloween, no matter how profitable the season may be and how many MNSSHPs have run in Florida by now, in my head and undoubtedly the heads of many other people, it is NOT Halloween Season Until after Labor Day. You know how some people think it's too soon to do anything Christmas until after Thanksgiving? That's me with Halloween and Labor Day. THE TWO ARE DIFFERENT THINGS THAT ARE NOT MEANT TO BE COMBINED OR COEXIST, and I will die on this holiday hill! So it would have been nice if they would have let Wondrous Journeys show this weekend and THEN switch over.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Wondrous Journeys is incredible, but I can't really fault them for switching over to Halloween Screams and then Believe, so long as Wondrous Journeys returns after those are over.

THAT SAID, even though I love all things Halloween, no matter how profitable the season may be and how many MNSSHPs have run in Florida by now, in my head and undoubtedly the heads of many other people, it is NOT Halloween Season Until after Labor Day. You know how some people think it's too soon to do anything Christmas until after Thanksgiving? That's me with Halloween and Labor Day. THE TWO ARE DIFFERENT THINGS THAT ARE NOT MEANT TO BE COMBINED OR COEXIST, and I will die on this holiday hill! So it would have been nice if they would have let Wondrous Journeys show this weekend and THEN switch over.
I agree. I'll be asking my state Senator to introduce a bill to move Labor Day to the first Monday in August.

jrhwdw

AMEN!!!!!!!!!! I was ticked MSEP couldn't run Labor Day Weekend last year because of Halloween Screams!! Let Fall/Halloween start the Day after Labor Day!!!

Although it's not just Disney..... HHN had to start at USF this weekend.........Rollseyes!!!!!!!!

TTA94

Strange, yet not surprising with Disneys decision making lately. Now there’s a rumor WJ may not come back and instead they’ll bring back Disneyland Forever in early 2024 🤔. But I guess there’s a chance they’ll bring back WJ in the summer.

jrhwdw

Strange, yet not surprising with Disneys decision making lately. Now there’s a rumor WJ may not come back and instead they’ll bring back Disneyland Forever in early 2024 🤔. But I guess there’s a chance they’ll bring back WJ in the summer.

At least Mix Magic is nowhere in the Rumor.........

Maybe DL wants Tink Back?

Every time DL Forever returned, it came with MSEP..... Interesting..........

Squishy

🤣
1694978940449.png

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Maybe DLF on weekends and WJ projections on weekdays?

waltography

It's from that site so I'm taking it with a grain of salt.
Don't get me wrong, Disneyland Forever is good and all. But Wondrous Journeys to me is so obviously better that it'd be frustrating if that's the decision they make.
Totally agree. DF makes no effort to really transition between its representative movies, whereas WJ feels like the ultimate celebration of Disney animation. They may both be clip shows, but bar for bar, pound for pound, WJ is the superior clip show.

TrainsOfDisney

They may both be clip shows, but bar for bar, pound for pound, WJ is the superior clip show.
Wondrous Journeys might be the superior Disney fireworks show period. Even though on principle I want to like illuminations more, I gotta say WJ is probably the best I’ve seen.

Holiday Wishes and Illuminations are next in line along with the original Star Wars fireworks at studios.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom