News Wondrous Journeys firework show coming to Disneyland

Disney Analyst

The only thing I can think is that they don’t want to pay for the flight performer, which is used during the projection only Wondrous Journey.

No real other reason to run projection only Mix Magic vs projection only WJ.

And let’s be honest, the parks just as busy, they can afford the performer and the more expensive pyro show on the weekends.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
The only thing I can think is that they don’t want to pay for the flight performer, which is used during the projection only Wondrous Journey.

No real other reason to run projection only Mix Magic vs projection only WJ.

And let’s be honest, the parks just as busy, they can afford the performer and the more expensive pyro show on the weekends.
This is true however, they already have projection only versions of the flight characters which is still FAR better than MMM.

PiratesMansion

Yet another bizarre and nonsensical scheduling development. So I suppose the question becomes: I do have the week before Easter booked. Do I visit or not?

1703223967948.png

Though it is REALLY starting to grind my gears that Disney can't just run a functional, consistent entertainment schedule. Somehow before 2016 they were able to run everything relatively consistently, but now they act like it's hard to run all of the nighttime stuff at one time and that we should just be grateful that we have something, anything at all running.

gerarar

Premium Member
It's been a couple days into Wondrous Journeys short return, and they aren't running Baymax and Blue Fairy on the wire. Also not totally sure yet (need to do some comparisons) but there seems to be some pyro cuts as well.

Also no fire during the Immortals mashup.

Shame these (important) effects have been cut for the couple weeks that WJ is back for...

At least this streamer is improvising.. 💀
1000010934.jpg

In case you want to see the clip:

Last edited:

Squishy

It's been a couple days into Wondrous Journeys short return, and they aren't running Baymax and Blue Fairy on the wire. Also not totally sure yet (need to do some comparisons) but there seems to be some pyro cuts as well.

Shame these (important) effects have been cut for the couple weeks that WJ is back for...

View attachment 775277
Hope the flame throwers return for the pixar fest show, they returned everywhere else except DL & DHS(Removed during covid).

jrhwdw

I feel like everyone is always up in arms when ever wdw cheaps out on entertainment but when DLR does they seem to get a pass. Imagine if HEA only came back for a month and there was no tink...
There was no Tink in 2018 for RDCT on either side of Pixar Fest but DL added Pyro in Place of Tink it looked fine. Maybe DL should have done that in 2024 instead of Mix Magic And WJ with Cuts.......

We should be seeing PTN for Pixar Fest but No!!!!........

PiratesMansion

View attachment 775277

In case you want to see the clip:

Makes me happy I decided not to go. The return of Wondrous Journeys *almost* made me grin and bear the closures, but given that they apparently can't WJ properly and some of the wait times I've seen, I'm feeling vindicated in cancelling my trip.

gerarar

Premium Member
So apparently you can get Wondrous Journeys – the instrumental/karaoke version, along the Rivers of America.

Guess some speakers that output the vocals are broken. But this is pretty cool ngl.

Last edited:

Squishy

So apparently you can get Wondrous Journeys – the instrumental/karaoke version, along the Rivers of America.

Guess some speakers that output the vocals are broken. But this is pretty cool ngl.

I noticed they aren't doing the B mode pyro version of Wonderous Journeys like before, they are just straight up cutting all the pyro. There was a night in the past week where the wind was only 10mph and they straight up cut all pyro despite running it in B mode during the Disney 100 run.

They could also just run castle close proximity pyro only which wouldn't be affected by higher elevation winds but they seem to chose not to for some reason.

Last edited:

gerarar

Premium Member
I noticed they aren't doing the B mode pyro version of Wonderous Journeys like before, they are just straight up cutting all the pyro. There was a night in the past week where the wind was only 10mph and they straight up cut all pyro despite running it in B mode during the Disney 100 run.

They could also just run castle close proximity pyro only which wouldn't be effected by higher elevation winds but they seem to chose not to for some reason.
It seems apparent that the budget for this short return isn't much to run the show at 100%. No wire performer/props, no fire, no B-mode, some cut pyro, etc.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
It seems apparent that the budget for this short return isn't much to run the show at 100%. No wire performer/props, no fire, no B-mode, some cut pyro, etc.
I didn't notice any cut pyro, but I did notice that they moved some of the firing locations near the castle. Not sure if that really counts as cut, they could have cut in other spots that I didn't notice.

gerarar

Premium Member
It has either been windy and/or rainy this past weekend, which resulted in projection-only showings of Wondrous Journeys.

No fireworks on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or today Sunday. Really embarrassing that B-mode is cut and couldn't even be ran for the guests there during a busy holiday weekend..

jrhwdw

It has either been windy and/or rainy this past weekend, which resulted in projection-only showings of Wondrous Journeys.

No fireworks on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or today Sunday. Really embarrassing that B-mode is cut and couldn't even be ran for the guests there during a busy holiday weekend..
Not Good!!!!!!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom