News Wondrous Journeys firework show coming to Disneyland

TrainsOfDisney

Monday's WJ showing was a B-mode night. So all that extra castle/FL pyro during the fire sequence was always there before. Tonight's show was full A-mode and there was nothing added during the fire sequences.
Really? Heck of a B-mode but it was windy. I was closer to the castle so maybe didn’t notice what was missing.

gerarar

Premium Member
Really? Heck of a B-mode but it was windy. I was closer to the castle so maybe didn’t notice what was missing.
Yeah, if you were up close to the castle, you may have missed the high shells. Although the shells from Toontown still launch during B-mode.

I do agree that the B-mode packs a punch. They should really just show the B-mode version nightly and then the regular full A-mode on weekends all year around, but alas. Better than projection only showings during the week.

wtyy21

Wondrous Journeys will not performed this 4th of July, despite being the Disney 100th anniversary fireworks show.
Screenshot_2023-07-04-06-33-29-67.png

So, unless they altered the showtime and showing Wondrous Journeys with 4th of July tag instead (which more sense because two other Nighttime spectacular (Disneyland Forever's original run, together forever) had this tag), Disney's Celebrate America should be played in full (albeit in modified 13 minutes)

gerarar

Premium Member
Potentially good news for Wondrous Journeys as HKDL's Momentous had their fire effects return last night.

Also checked some livestreams from last night for DL but WoC and WJ still don't have theirs, so hopefully they turn them back on soon..

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Potentially good news for Wondrous Journeys as HKDL's Momentous had their fire effects return last night.

Also checked some livestreams from last night for DL but WoC and WJ still don't have theirs, so hopefully they turn them back on soon..

Are they back at Disney Dreams in Paris?

CaptinEO

I saw this one a couple months back at the Pirates Bridge. It may have been in low pyro mode cause it seemed very underwhelming.

TrainsOfDisney

The rivers of America is the worst spot to see it IMHO.
Why is that? I just watched it from there cause I wanted to see the jazz band concert on the river (which is great!). I thought it was a great place to see the show from, and you can actually appreciate the pyro design more from the rivers since the castle and trees aren’t blocking anything.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Why is that? I just watched it from there cause I wanted to see the jazz band concert on the river (which is great!). I thought it was a great place to see the show from, and you can actually appreciate the pyro design more from the rivers since the castle and trees aren’t blocking anything.
Well, even though I haven't seen the show in person, you can tell the projections where designed for the castle first. Unless you're looking at it from directly across pirates, you can't really see some of the projections correctly. For example, if you are more towards splash or on the other side towards frontier land, you just can't see the projections that are projected onto the cabin and you can only see the ones on the water screens. In Fantasmic 2.0 they avoided this issue by putting anything projection onto the cabin on the side water screens however they don't do it here, and only the middle fountains run and half time they're still not all on. Not to mention the entire and encanto scene with the Casita style doors representing different Disney characters is completely ruined from this view. All of this to say that is certainly far from a bad experience from a rivers of America. Just that it's not nearly as good as say it's a small world or main Street IMO. But again I've never seen it in person and I probably never will because I'm not getting out to California anytime soon.

TrainsOfDisney

Well, even though I haven't seen the show in person, you can tell the projections where designed for the castle first.
I couldn’t tell that. There were projections at the rivers that I didn’t see on the castle. If you aren’t centered on the castle you don’t see all the projections either. It’s a great experience wherever you watch from.

gerarar

Premium Member
Tonight was the final Wondrous Journeys show...at least for 2023!

A dance party did happen on Main Street right after it though lol..

The fire effects never returned to the Immortals segment since the F! incident in April. Hopefully they come back if WJ ever does return after the holidays.

TrainsOfDisney

The fire effects never returned to the Immortals segment since the F! incident in April. Hopefully they come back if WJ ever does return after the holidays.

I was over by fantasmic - I got a little extra emotional tonight. Such a beautiful show.

Disney Analyst

Hope they come back for Halloween Screams….

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom