News Wondrous Journeys firework show coming to Disneyland

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
I'm probably in the minority, but I liked DF better than WJ. DF invoked a lot more emotion in me. Don't know if it was because I really enjoyed the 60th celebration, that it was paired with PTN, or because after the show was over the castle twinkled magically.

I like the themed grouping of songs better in DF and "I See the Light" and "Let It Go" (and the snow falling on the crowd) gave me goosebumps. WJ never invoked goosebumps in me. It felt like they were trying to pack too much in and it made it feel rushed.

jrhwdw

Maybe WJ can be the substitute show if Disneyland Forever is canceled. DL Forever is the only one without a "projections only" version even though they did had a "Taste of DL Forever" thing in its first year.

I'm probably in the minority, but I liked DF better than WJ. DF invoked a lot more emotion in me. Don't know if it was because I really enjoyed the 60th celebration, that it was paired with PTN, or because after the show was over the castle twinkled magically.

I like the themed grouping of songs better in DF and "I See the Light" and "Let It Go" (and the snow falling on the crowd) gave me goosebumps. WJ never invoked goosebumps in me. It felt like they were trying to pack too much in and it made it feel rushed.
Why Kiss Goodnight didn't return after the 60th. I'll never understand!

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Maybe it's not the same without the twinkling lights on the castle roof and in the trees?

I also loved how at the end of WoC: Celebrate! they played Christina Perri's version of Forever Young which was also in the commercials for the 60th.

I loved the 60th....leaving both shows and parks with Kiss Goodnight and Forever Young had me filled with so much joy.

wtyy21

I believe, they want to shortened the length of DLF after-show, so they cut the exit music into just one exit music only, like the current Disneyland (and Disney parks in overall) nighttime shows nowadays. WJ, Mix Magic, and Together Forever respectively only had one exit music, and seems working.

waltography

See, that surprises me! I never got the impression that DF was anything more than designed by committee. "I See the Light" is an amazing sequence for sure, though; it works in any castle show (and it makes me wish any show with drones used them to simulate the effect).

On the other hand, WJ was just chock full of moments that bring me to tears even thinking about it for too long (the quartet coming together, "Almost There" being decontextualized for so many movies, "Dos Oroguitas" and the doors of different Disney families).

I can see how moments like the quartet can feel like too much, but it makes me feel overwhelmed in a good way (cathartic maybe?). I have thought though that WJ would work equally well with a slightly longer runtime as a new WoC show.

Maybe it's not the same without the twinkling lights on the castle roof and in the trees?

I also loved how at the end of WoC: Celebrate! they played Christina Perri's version of Forever Young which was also in the commercials for the 60th.

I loved the 60th....leaving both shows and parks with Kiss Goodnight and Forever Young had me filled with so much joy.
The 60th really was special. Both exit songs were fantastic. I also loved the ads during that time with the diamond refraction + the archival footage; "to see what Walt had built" still gets me a little!

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
On the other hand, WJ was just chock full of moments that bring me to tears even thinking about it for too long (the quartet coming together, "Almost There" being decontextualized for so many movies, "Dos Oroguitas" and the doors of different Disney families).
Had to look those up. Never saw Encanto (and probably never will) and the one time I tried to watch PatF I turned it off about 10 or 15 minutes in because I was bored, so that would probably explain why those sequences didn't resonate with me.

jrhwdw

There's a Rumor today from That Other Site saying WOC One is actually Returning in Jan 2024.......

Why DLR would keep WOC One and not WJ, IDK. The only thing I can think of is Tink can't be gone from DL Fireworks Shows for good. So maybe that's what tipping in DL Forever's Favor....

TTA94

There's a Rumor today from That Other Site saying WOC One is actually Returning in Jan 2024.......

Why DLR would keep WOC One and not WJ, IDK. The only thing I can think of is Tink can't be gone from DL Fireworks Shows for good. So maybe that's what tipping in DL Forever's Favor....

Now we just need PTN rumors for 2024 lol.

TTA94

Now Magic Happens is going to have its final Performance of the year coming up. Cue the rumors of if it will return in 2024 🤣

In the Parks
Yes
According to X, we only get WJ for Easter??? IDK why DL is dead set on Mix Magic!!
I do NOT know why is Mix Magic still being presented in between the end of the Holiday season, Wondrous Journeys, and Pixar Fest?, Mix Magic has already expired when its first run ended in June 2019, and this was supposed to be just intended for Mickey Mouse's 90th birthday, which has already passed, and yet how they are able to continue to play this other than it's cheap to run and is presented in windy/rainy conditions, and the song "Good Time" is painfully annoying that shouldn't be relevant anymore, I hope by the end of its April run, they'll never play this trash again and just bring back "Fantasy in the Sky" or "DL Forever" instead with or without fireworks bc they have a timeless appeal(like Wondrous Journeys), and don't pander an out of date theme like Mix Magic does with Mickey's big 90(which has passed like I said)

jrhwdw

Mix Magic is the new default show instead of Fantasy in the Sky I guess. With Mix Magic they don't have to resupply the castle close proximity pyro.
Which is dumb and weak!!

NO Reason why WJ can't at least run every weekend from Believe to Pixar Fest! This decision comes from the Resort who won't touch their Night Parade Building!!!! Honestly!!!!!!!

TTA94

Which is dumb and weak!!

NO Reason why WJ can't at least run every weekend from Believe to Pixar Fest! This decision comes from the Resort who won't touch their Night Parade Building!!!! Honestly!!!!!!!

One would question at this point if the two night parades even exist anymore, but the latest rumor, of many over the years, is PTN will return for DLs Anniversary in 2025. Seems like a good chance it’ll happen but we’ll see. My guess is we’ll find out at the D23 expo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom