News Wondrous Journeys firework show coming to Disneyland

Brian

Apparently the show's Rivers of America projections have been shut off while fire restoration work continues on the Fantasmic! set.

gerarar

Premium Member
Apparently the show's Rivers of America projections have been shut off while fire restoration work continues on the Fantasmic! set.
Some of the stage lights near the dragon (that are normally hidden during the day) were left as they were from last Saturday night.

Some looked charred which could be remains, embers, etc. from the burning dragon a couple feet away. I guess the fire damaged some these show infrastructure, which are also used for the fireworks.

I also think the projections aren't optimized to work with just the mist screens. The mist screens come down often throughout the show to project on the island and cabbin which isn't possible right now.

Disney Analyst

Some of the stage lights near the dragon (that are normally hidden during the day) were left as they were from last Saturday night.

Some looked charred which could be remains, embers, etc. from the burning dragon a couple feet away. I guess the fire damaged some these show infrastructure, which are also used for the fireworks.

I also think the projections aren't optimized to work with just the mist screens. The mist screens come down often throughout the show to project on the island and cabbin which isn't possible right now.

Dustysage mentioned on his live today that the bunker (where the dragon is currently sticking out of) contains a lot of the show controls for the fountains, screens, projectors, etc. Apparently they had a fire door, so those are all protected, but there is still some damage down there from the water and products used to extinguish fire.

I assume they can’t really get in there to check show systems until the dragon investigation is complete, and then cleanup / repairs can commence once the dragon is removed.

Eta: 41:20 talking about the event and showing the stage from Mark Twain. 44:42 talking about the workings and damage below.

Last edited:

DCBaker

Premium Member

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Disney says Wondrous Journeys will make its last performance of the year on August 31, 2023 to make way for Halloween Screams.

I’m sorry but does Halloween Screams need to exist anymore? The projections are prehistoric compared to Wondrous Journeys, they massively gutted the pyro after 2018 and music is pretty bad (imo). If they really want a Halloween Nighttime show they should just make a good Halloween World Of Color show

CaptinEO

I’m sorry but does Halloween Screams need to exist anymore? The projections are prehistoric compared to Wondrous Journeys, they massively gutted the pyro after 2018 and music is pretty bad (imo). If they really want a Halloween Nighttime show they should just make a good Halloween World Of Color show
Halloween seems to be the busiest season for Disneyland. I guess it must attract a lot of people.

jrhwdw

Disney says Wondrous Journeys will make its last performance of the year on August 31, 2023 to make way for Halloween Screams.

Not surprised at all......

wtyy21

And after that, Believe in Holiday Magic will make its return this November instead of continuing WJ fireworks over christmas holidays. Similar as Halloween Screams, Believe in Holiday Magic projections are prehistoric, but i expected both shows (along with 4th of july special fireworks) to utilize WJ's technology (especially it's a small world spotlights). However, for Halloween Screams, i still not expecting fire effects in the show this year giving the ongoing investigation of Fantasmic fire.

Wondrous Journeys now becomes a regular Disneyland fireworks now and expect them to return earlier next year. But, i still expecting Fantasmic to return this Halloween Time after its massive dragon fire last April, with B-Mode without dragon until new dragon was built.

Last edited:

jrhwdw

And after that, Believe in Holiday Magic will make its return this November instead of continuing WJ fireworks over christmas holidays. Similar as Halloween Screams, Believe in Holiday Magic projections are prehistoric, but i expected both shows (along with 4th of july special fireworks) to utilize WJ's technology (especially it's a small world spotlights). However, for Halloween Screams, i still not expecting fire effects in the show this year giving the ongoing investigation of Fantasmic fire.

Wondrous Journeys now becomes a regular Disneyland fireworks now and expect them to return earlier next year. But, i still expecting Fantasmic to return this Halloween Time after its massive dragon fire last April, with B-Mode without dragon until new dragon was built.
Would be nice if WJ did replace Mix Magic for good.........

Starship824

In the Parks
No
They're down for maintenance (rumors include working on HVAC on those buildings) but in light of the Fantasmic dragon bursting into flames it was assumed they would use the opportunity to rework some of the castle pyro to lessen the flames for something else.
Wait so the fire is never coming back to any castle show again?

NotCalledBob

Does anyone know if the announced last Wondrous Journeys of 2023 on August 31 will include Pyro? It's a Thursday night.

We were going to go on September 1 to see the show, but may now switch our park reservations round (we currently have DCA for 8/31). I'm not interested in the Halloween fireworks.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Does anyone know if the announced last Wondrous Journeys of 2023 on August 31 will include Pyro? It's a Thursday night.

We were going to go on September 1 to see the show, but may now switch our park reservations round (we currently have DCA for 8/31). I'm not interested in the Halloween fireworks.
Fireworks are nightly through the summer it’ll most likely have pyro unless high winds

gerarar

Premium Member
First night of the pan / toad / Alice building closed and they have already added castle pyro including some very nice bursts to replace the flame effects. Was a nice surprise!
Monday's WJ showing was a B-mode night. So all that extra castle/FL pyro during the fire sequence was always there before. Tonight's show was full A-mode and there was nothing added during the fire sequences.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom