Wonders of Life rumored DEMO set for 2008?

JWG

Why did they "get rid of"
horizons then?

Officially?
Low ridership, lack of interest in "edutainment" and the need for "thrills"

Possibly?
It was about to be sucked into the abyss below...

And Disney would tell you Mission Space is a big hit, far more popular than Horizon's was at the end (I'm not saying I agree).

hayzer11

Energy, you make the world go round!
um...Wonders of Life isn't an original pavillion...it opened in October 1989
haha, that made me laugh, anywho, i like the horizons updated i dea, and if anyone rode body wars recently(a couple years back) did you think it was creeppy, because it was made to hold a large capacity

EPCOT.nut

and if anyone rode body wars recently(a couple years back) did you think it was creeppy, because it was made to hold a large capacity

I have never ridden it empty. They have always made me wait outside the doors until we get a decent amount of people. :confused: I was hoping we could ride it a a party of 3 but NOOOOOOOO they made us wait 10 minutes for another 15 or so people!

CThaddeus

I have never ridden it empty. They have always made me wait outside the doors until we get a decent amount of people. :confused: I was hoping we could ride it a a party of 3 but NOOOOOOOO they made us wait 10 minutes for another 15 or so people!

I rode it with only two others in December. Didn't bother me at all, though that may be because I used to work Star Tours and sometimes tested the cabins by myself before Disneyland opened for the day.
Actually, I prefer it without other people...none of that annoying background noise when I videotape!

DisneyDefenders

I a few years ago compared this pavillion to Terry Shiavo when that was topical, but it still holds true. People fight either side of the issue, but point is that it's a pavillion which died long ago. People have fond memories of it and think that with rehabilitation it can be good as new. Problem is when you take sentamentality out of the equasion and look at the facts, every major system is pretty much barely able to function. You can put as much makeup on it as you want, but as a pavillion, it's clearly, and sadly, a vegitable which has withered away, no ammount of makeup can fix the fact that there is just nothing left worth saving. It's time to finaly gather the family who loved and cared about it around one last time while it's still open and concious, even if there is nothing left inside you remember except memoried of happier times, and say goodbye, and then finally and mercifully, pull the plugs.

I cannot believe that you would compare an attraction at Disney world to human life...just goes to show how much the culture of death has brainwashed some people! :mad:

erasure fan1

If its true I will be very happy. I was never a big fan of the pavillion so it wont be all that missed by me. I just hope they do something sooner rather than later.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Park events certainly intend to be using it for a good time yet.

From the horses mouth, so to speak. And what a lovely horse, eh Jason?? ;)

hokielutz

...if anyone rode body wars recently(a couple years back) did you think it was creeppy, because it was made to hold a large capacity

It wasn't necessarily creepy, but it was an interesting experience. Only my Wife and I were on one of the vehicles from last December. So we sat in the back and it was a REALLY ROUGH RIDE. It was so rough, that two of the panel doors from the front cabin's bulkhead were thrown open half way through the ride.

I'm just glad we didn't eat anything before going on it. But it was nice to visit the pavilion one last time before it gets knocked down.

DisneyMusician2

Personally, I don't see it going anywhere for awhile. Probably too mcuh money to be made as a convention center...but I would love to see the Wonders of Life Ultimate Tribute Video...

jmvd20

I think they should tear it down and build either a playground or a mega DVC kiosk. As we all know you can just never have too many DVC kiosks in the parks.

I-4Warrior

Yep.. it's true, it's still in use... for special events... like the Food and Wine Festival. What's great is that on Epcot property, there isn't enough special event pavilions taking up valuable real estate. WOL, the Odyssey, Millennium Village aren't enough.

I'm in favor of closing Epcot as a theme park and turning it into a Special Events Only gate. They can turn Spaceship Earth into a spinning, rotating convention hall. Convert the theatre that Soarin' occupies in the Land into a venue where you have a self-aggrandizing CEO giving speeches with his mug projected three stories high! Think of the possibilities!!! :brick:

ImaYoyo

Yep.. it's true, it's still in use... for special events... like the Food and Wine Festival. What's great is that on Epcot property, there isn't enough special event pavilions taking up valuable real estate. WOL, the Odyssey, Millennium Village aren't enough.

I'm in favor of closing Epcot as a theme park and turning it into a Special Events Only gate. They can turn Spaceship Earth into a spinning, rotating convention hall. Convert the theatre that Soarin' occupies in the Land into a venue where you have a self-aggrandizing CEO giving speeches with his mug projected three stories high! Think of the possibilities!!! :brick:
You forgot the Living Seas main salon. And Isola. And the Norwegian Adventure. And the 3rd floor of the American Adventure. Should I keep going?

PhilharMagician

^:lol:^

How about replacing the panels on SSE with mirrors. Then point some lights at it and get that baby spinning. You could make future world into the world's largest disco/dance hall.

hauntdmansion79

I always liked Cranium Command a lot. Body Wars wasn't one of the best, but I always rode it while I was there. I am sad to see it gone, but I'm more sad to think about what Disney will do with it. It will probably remain a function hall for events for years and then someday have a new attraction put in that Disney will advertise as the best thing since sliced bread and it will end up being a very fancy 3D projection-screen-based interactive attraction (possibly starring Pixar characters).

As for it coming back, it won't happen. The Cranium Command and Body Wars signage and entrances are gone and the ride vehicles for Body Wars are being sent overseas to be used in Star Tours for I think Tokyo.

Disney doesn't seem in a rush to fill unused buildings, so we'll just have to wait. Oh well, it will make for exciting news down the line when we hear that work has started on a new attraction at the old WOL pavilion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom