Rumor Wonders of Life getting an attraction soon?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The original idea for muppetvision was to parody the rest of MGM as was which was mainly behind the scenes attractions showing how things worked in the movies. If the muppets movie ride had been built it would have been the same with GMR which would have been a vert witty take on the rest of the park
Muppet movie ride and Muppetvision would have co existed.

Kman101

The original idea for muppetvision was to parody the rest of MGM as was which was mainly behind the scenes attractions showing how things worked in the movies. If the muppets movie ride had been built it would have been the same with GMR which would have been a vert witty take on the rest of the park

Muppet movie ride and Muppetvision would have co existed.

I'm aware they would have co-existed. Just suggested it had an Epcot vibe! I know it wasn't *literally* developed with Epcot in mind ;)

smile

It didn't have to look like 1989 all the way up to 2007.

as has been proven obvious, twdc arrived at a point where there was no interest in maintaining such 'monstrosities' without sponsorship.
- the only thing burbank cared about was that nobody would sponsor the dang thing, so it could rot for all they cared... thus it did.

the expense only justified when absolutely needed until it wasn't needed at all.

generally, by then, if replacing with a 'preferred' attraction, progress is touted; if not, the attraction is shuttered quietly as possible as a relic... at which point we all understand why.

the circle of life.

tomast

Unless someone on here goes into the park today, we'll probably find out late tonight or early tomorrow from Bioreconstruct on Twitter. It was very close and with F&W coming up, it should be done soon.
And we may see if the refurbishment was only for F&W or somehting else

Princess Leia

That’s the current plan. :)
I’ve had the flu today, so I think I need a tiny bit of clarification (sorry, reading is not my strong suit today). Is the current plan for WoL to have something operational before GotG, or will it arrive after GotG? If you can’t talk freely, no worries.

On a positive note, I watched your WoL video today! Great work!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I’ve had the flu today, so I think I need a tiny bit of clarification (sorry, reading is not my strong suit today). Is the current plan for WoL to have something operational before GotG, or will it arrive after GotG? If you can’t talk freely, no worries.

On a positive note, I watched your WoL video today! Great work!
Thank you :)

To be ready for GotG (it’s nowhere near as involved as the project next door) and get well soon!

clemmo

Maybe it’s just the Disney timeline skepticism in me but I feel like work would need to start next year for this to open in 2021. Same with unnamed UK attraction. Though I’m not sure what attraction is further along towards being green lit and how involved they are.

DreamfinderGuy

It doesn't seem like Wonders could be reopened in time for Guardians at this rate. I feel like there would've been some sort of announcement by now, and even if it's announced at D23 next year, that's a lot of work to get done in that amount of time. Even if it is just as "simple" as just restoring Wonders to it's '89 state, that would take a while. For an entire new attraction(s) to open, it seems like too much to do in 2-3 years

Goofyernmost

Woah woah.... Wonders isn’t coming back. Don’t set your hopes too high. Don’t expect mega attractions either.

To quote myself from February:

“the pavilion is being looked at now to return to being a guest facility and not an event building / storeroom”
Yea, like marni says... from now on when referring the "that place" and since we don't have a new name for it. How about just calling it the "place formally known as WoL." It worked for Prince.

Princess Leia

Woah woah.... Wonders isn’t coming back. Don’t set your hopes too high. Don’t expect mega attractions either.

To quote myself from February:

“the pavilion is being looked at now to return to being a guest facility and not an event building / storeroom”
I’m assuming the pavilion would get a name change then?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom