Rumor Wonders of Life getting an attraction soon?

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
If you're single and don't have car payments, insurance, student loan payments, any kind of medical issue, no phone, etc., I still have my doubts that you'd be able to survive on $1,200 a month in anything resembling decent living conditions.
Again, I speak with the experience of having done it and seen people who have. I didn't have car payments, but that is because I drove a cheap used car as i was saving up for a better car. That is option anyone can do. I got my car for under 4000 and have put about 2000 in repairs over the years and it has lasted me about 5 years so far.

My phone plan is tied to a family plan, so that is cheaper. And my student loan payment is really cheap because got by on mostly scholarships. Insurance I did.

So, if you have extra expenses, you might have to pick up an extra shift or two every month to cover them. A very easy thing to do.

As someone who has lived in a broke family in Central or Southwest Florida my entire life. I can assure you that if you are even half way decent at living on a budget: 800 in rent, 50 a week for groceries, and 30 a week for gas is a manageable budget without having to rely on ramen or living in a terrible apartment or things like that. And 1200 a month was an underestimate. As taxes are not at the rate I used to calculate it and it was done with the entry level college programmer pay. Even most entry level part time positions at Disney (the first step up from college programmer) will give you an extra 200 a month minimum. With raises at least once a year even if you somehow never get promoted. Plus, with the college programmer pay comes the discounted student housing that is only 400 a month per rent with security, upkeep, free groceries given away at events, free bus line, and more giving CPs a year to save up money before becoming a regular cast member so they have a buffer. With many businesses in the area giving discounts for cast members.

It's not for everyone. There's stress involved. It's a unique situation. And, like any entry level job that doesn't require a degree or special training, it is not intended to raise a family on or things like that. But there's chances to move up in the company if you decide Disney is the place for you and after about 2-3 years working there you should be at a point where you can comfortably start making bigger purchases or start a family. Or, if you decide it's not for you, leave.

But for jobs that don't have any degree, experience, or special training required, Disney is one of the better paying ones and is enough to support most people in a reasonably comfy manner as they start out in life.

HauntedMansionFLA

Again, I speak with the experience of having done it and seen people who have. I didn't have car payments, but that is because I drove a cheap used car as i was saving up for a better car. That is option anyone can do. I got my car for under 4000 and have put about 2000 in repairs over the years and it has lasted me about 5 years so far.

My phone plan is tied to a family plan, so that is cheaper. And my student loan payment is really cheap because got by on mostly scholarships. Insurance I did.

So, if you have extra expenses, you might have to pick up an extra shift or two every month to cover them. A very easy thing to do.

As someone who has lived in a broke family in Central or Southwest Florida my entire life. I can assure you that if you are even half way decent at living on a budget: 800 in rent, 50 a week for groceries, and 30 a week for gas is a manageable budget without having to rely on ramen or living in a terrible apartment or things like that. And 1200 a month was an underestimate. As taxes are not at the rate I used to calculate it and it was done with the entry level college programmer pay. Even most entry level part time positions at Disney (the first step up from college programmer) will give you an extra 200 a month minimum. With raises at least once a year even if you somehow never get promoted. Plus, with the college programmer pay comes the discounted student housing that is only 400 a month per rent with security, upkeep, free groceries given away at events, free bus line, and more giving CPs a year to save up money before becoming a regular cast member so they have a buffer. With many businesses in the area giving discounts for cast members.

It's not for everyone. There's stress involved. It's a unique situation. And, like any entry level job that doesn't require a degree or special training, it is not intended to raise a family on or things like that. But there's chances to move up in the company if you decide Disney is the place for you and after about 2-3 years working there you should be at a point where you can comfortably start making bigger purchases or start a family. Or, if you decide it's not for you, leave.

But for jobs that don't have any degree, experience, or special training required, Disney is one of the better paying ones and is enough to support most people in a reasonably comfy manner as they start out in life.
How is this related to the Wonders of Life building?

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
How is this related to the Wonders of Life building?
An excellent point. Sorry for my contribution to thread drift.

Back on topic

Got to go into the building during food and wine for the first time in years. The roof is so bad and the inside such a plain, generic feeling, warehouse like space that the building shouldn't be open to guests in it's current state. Though I'm glad it was so I could see it again before it closed.

The space could be perfect for a highly themed flat ride inside the main circle and a cheap, Fantasyland style dark ride in the Body Wars space. Maybe add in a small movie in the Cranium Command theater. You could have three attractions in that space for under 200-300 Mil. All A, B, or C Ticket experiences that can eat crowds without drawing in many crowds.

From what I've heard, I wouldn't expect Disney to be building anything to crazy or exciting or expensive here. They seem to be focused on cheap utilisation of this space to absorb GotG crowds and absord displaced crowds as other rides go down for lengthy refurbishments

Bender123

He was actually on the mark this time about the robo-photographers at Meet and Greets!

I say it often, but Jim is a really nice guy and he has connections. What he doesn't have is a filter based on the likelihood of ideas happening. Im sure that almost all of the things he says have been ideas or low level plans, but where he falls short of other "insiders" is that he doesn't really verify the odds of said plan actually going forward.

The best thing about him is that his fire hose approach to being an insider gives some insight into the TDO thought processes as plans evolve. I never assume anything he says WILL happen, but at some point, they MIGHT happen.

rle4lunch

Anyone who works full-time deserves to make enough to at least afford the basic necessities of life.

I agree. I'm just saying that no one goes into a job blind on the what duties, responsibilities and PAY will be. So for someone to complain about it after they are in the job, well, they're not doing themselves a service, they're just being an echo chamber for their 'cause'.

People know what they're getting themselves into. Now, if they're in a job for years and doing well at it, they should see pay bumps commensurate with their performance and skillset. If that's not happening, then they have every right to raise cane.

Back on topic. I think this will be a food service building along with gift shop.

Goofyernmost

I agree. I'm just saying that no one goes into a job blind on the what duties, responsibilities and PAY will be. So for someone to complain about it after they are in the job, well, they're not doing themselves a service, they're just being an echo chamber for their 'cause'.

People know what they're getting themselves into. Now, if they're in a job for years and doing well at it, they should see pay bumps commensurate with their performance and skillset. If that's not happening, then they have every right to raise cane.

Back on topic. I think this will be a food service building along with gift shop.
I wouldn't say that they have a right to raise cane, but, they do have a right to ask why and if the answer isn't acceptable then they have every right to resign and find something that fits their needs. Not necessarily in that order.

Kman101

I say it often, but Jim is a really nice guy and he has connections. What he doesn't have is a filter based on the likelihood of ideas happening. Im sure that almost all of the things he says have been ideas or low level plans, but where he falls short of other "insiders" is that he doesn't really verify the odds of said plan actually going forward.

The best thing about him is that his fire hose approach to being an insider gives some insight into the TDO thought processes as plans evolve. I never assume anything he says WILL happen, but at some point, they MIGHT happen.

This is an excellent assessment of Jim. I agree with it and that's how I often approach what he throws out there.

TheIndoorKid

"I have my reasons"??

Did he think they weren't at an appropriate level of artistic flair? Yeah, that must be it. Can't be because of any outside pressure. We've been told everything was legal and fair game and fair use. Must be because of some inner turmoil.

And now he wants to leak audio but doesn't want to leak audio of management telling an Ariel not to eat because she looks bloated, but doesn't want to out her. How noble. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

rocketraccoon

Darn, should've saved the videos. I have the Imageworks one, though that's really the only one of significant value.

Only Universal Orlando Resort is within Orlando city limits, so whomever got caught was likely there.
Wouldn't Orlando PD still serve whatever it is if the person themselves lived in the Orlando city limits? Or would that just be Orange County?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom