Rumor Wonders of Life getting an attraction soon?

rocketraccoon

They have an actual map up of the pavilion this year, which is neat.
ugI6ZvU.jpg

And have this blurry panorama of the whole place:
8cYeO9n.jpg

Also, that area with the missing tiles isn't off limits or anything. During Flower & Garden it was where the Passholder gift was given out. You're free to just walk around there, as long as you don't go behind the curtains or anything.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
They have an actual map up of the pavilion this year, which is neat.
ugI6ZvU.jpg

And have this blurry panorama of the whole place:
8cYeO9n.jpg

Also, that area with the missing tiles isn't off limits or anything. During Flower & Garden it was where the Passholder gift was given out. You're free to just walk around there, as long as you don't go behind the curtains or anything.

"You are here" - proof that Magic Bands are being used to track your location. ;)

Figments Friend

I'm here at WDW now, and visited Epcot yesterday.
It was nice to be able to go inside this Pavillion and have a look around as it's been a while.

Probably the most noticable thing I saw besides the central mobile still being intact was the badly water stained interior triangle shaped lining inside the dome.
The bathrooms there are fairly nostalgic too...never upgraded and look to me to be all original tiling.
A little sad to see how some of the prior show areas are now being used.

If anyone needs photos I might be over there again in a day or two and would be willing to try to grab some for the thread.

:)

Oh..and the Energy building has been stripped of its mirror and mosaic tiling.
Very sad to see that yesterday....

nbdysreal

I'm here at WDW now, and visited Epcot yesterday.
It was nice to be able to go inside this Pavillion and have a look around as it's been a while.

Probably the most noticable thing I saw besides the central mobile still being intact was the badly water stained interior triangle shaped lining inside the dome.
The bathrooms there are fairly nostalgic too...never upgraded and look to me to be all original tiling.
A little sad to see how some of the prior show areas are now being used.

If anyone needs photos I might be over there again in a day or two and would be willing to try to grab some for the thread.

:)

Oh..and the Energy building has been stripped of its mirror and mosaic tiling.
Very sad to see that yesterday....
20180909_111235.jpg

DreamfinderGuy

Honestly I wish... after doing the pre show once I wish there was a skip line...
This is me with Test Track. I was there Friday, and cast wouldn’t let me bypass into the OPEN design station room, and it wasn’t even full. That’s just bad capacity control. They need to have a better option than just taking up someone else’s station and leaving the room

peter11435

That’s true, though it is very frustrating when they make 2 or 3 people share one design when most of the time about a quarter to a third of the design stations are empty. Any reason they do this?
If they are empty when you enter the room just slit up and use an empty one.

peter11435

I understand you can do that, it’s just really bizarre operationally to me.
They have to anticipate the potential for small party sizes. To maintain efficiency and not impact capacity there is a certain number of guests that they must get in the room. If they give everyone their own they won’t get enough guests in.

DreamfinderGuy

No capacity is lost because of the design rooms.
Nah bud that's where you're wrong. When cast doesn't fill stations and directs you into a separate design room (WHEN THERE ARE VISIBLY OPEN STATIONS IN THE ROOM WHICH IS ALREADY OPEN) when all you want to do is bypass, then yeah, capacity is lost. (Well, technically not lost, but it's annoying and slows people down)

peter11435

Nah bud that's where you're wrong. When cast doesn't fill stations and directs you into a separate design room (WHEN THERE ARE VISIBLY OPEN STATIONS IN THE ROOM WHICH IS ALREADY OPEN) when all you want to do is bypass, then yeah, capacity is lost. (Well, technically not lost, but it's annoying and slows people down)
It may be annoying, and it may slow you down, but it’s not losing capacity for the attraction. The capacity of the design rooms exceeds that of the attraction itself. It is designed so that the design rooms have excess capacity.

If they didn’t fill all design stations in the open room it’s because they room already had reached the desired number of guests at that time.

t3techcom18

That’s true, though it is very frustrating when they make 2 or 3 people share one design when most of the time about a quarter to a third of the design stations are empty. Any reason they do this?

Simply put and a great story for the ages...As usual, this is one of those situations where WDI and Operations didn't collaborate with each other.

WDI designed it that each guest would get their own console because of how the design studio lobby, design studio itself and the show timing (3 settings) and could be up to 3 if a group wants to stay together. Problem is, no one ever told WDI about the Fastpass merge ratios. As one Imagineer said after a friend on the opening team talking to him about Fastpass ratios, "Oh god, we screwed up."

Hence, the 3 per circle was born (as well as blowing up a hole in the wall to go directly into the design studio lobby after TT became the #1 complained attraction at Epcot because FP folks were complaining that weren't getting to design). As for the empty consoles, it's because there's only a certain amount allowed in each room. The faster load is dispatching vehicles, the more you can put in a room (about 60-70). If load isn't dispatching as fast for whatever reason it may be, then the number going inside the design studio is less. So yes, you can complain all you want regarding not being to skip the design studio but it's done that way for crowd control. It's pulsing the line at the way they need it to be. If they allow everyone to skip through, it would be anarchy. If you want to skip the design studio, great, but wait until you get inside it and just walk through.

t3techcom18

See above post.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom