Rumor Wonders of Life getting an attraction soon?

lazyboy97o

But, you know as well as anyone that this isn't the case. How would that be exactly? Will they faint when they look up and see stuff that is above the fake ceiling on their way out of a burning building?
Ceiling tiles can be and often are part of fire protection systems which is why Fire Marshals will cite buildings for missing and loose tiles. They can hinder the spread of smoke and fire, protecting the structure and occupants. Missing tiles can also impact the effectiveness of smoke detectors and sprinklers.

Goofyernmost

Ceiling tiles can be and often are part of fire protection systems which is why Fire Marshals will cite buildings for missing and loose tiles. They can hinder the spread of smoke and fire, protecting the structure and occupants. Missing tiles can also impact the effectiveness of smoke detectors and sprinklers.
If you can prove that, in this case, I will say, OK then it is a big deal, but, just because some ceiling tiles, made from that healthy asbestos probably, perform that function does not mean that these do. Let's move on, shall we? It's a couple of ceiling tiles missing from an area that if it weren't for the emergency exit would have been blocked off and not used. As it is it won't be used unless they have a need to make an emergency exit.

Missing20K

Show often comes last now.

sigh... :(

Seems like its Safety, Efficiency, Courtesy, Show. Those tend to be the order in which people will complain.

1) Don't hurt me. Totally understandable.
2) Don't make me wait.
3) Don't make me mad.
4) Try to make sure everything is working, but I may not notice anyway cause I'm too blinded by the merch and marketing.

Goofyernmost

sigh... :(

Seems like its Safety, Efficiency, Courtesy, Show. Those tend to be the order in which people will complain.

1) Don't hurt me. Totally understandable.
2) Don't make me wait.
3) Don't make me mad.
4) Try to make sure everything is working, but I may not notice anyway cause I'm too blinded by the merch and marketing.
One correction....

4) Try and make sure that everything is working, but, I may not notice anyway because I grew up grounded by reality. Fantasy is something to strive for, but, cannot always happen.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
One correction....

4) Try and make sure that everything is working, but, I may not notice anyway because I grew up grounded by reality. Fantasy is something to strive for, but, cannot always happen.
When you get rushed through the tower of terror libraries with no preshow and all entrance and exit doors held open you’ll notice.

When management dictates this is the way to run the attraction you’ll notice.

Not due to anything “not working”.

Last edited:

Monorail_Red_77

Speaking of poor show. The final scene in CoP this past Sunday when we rode, had the video screen stuck on ”Game Over” graphic. Problem was, it was this way through the whole scene. Even my kids were like “that’s weird”. Kinda ruins the majority of the plot in the scene. When grandma and grandson are bantering about playing the game in real-time.
785EDB92-2190-4E26-AD14-913CD5301F13.jpeg

Attachments

• 4DBBED6E-0222-48F7-9709-BB40D6120133.jpeg
    4DBBED6E-0222-48F7-9709-BB40D6120133.jpeg
    144.5 KB · Views: 38

Missing20K

When you get rushed through the tower of terror libraries with no preshow and all entrance and exit doors held open you’ll notice.

There. corrected.

Nahh, only extreme fanatics notice such things. The plebs are happy to skip the preshow and get on the ride cause they got a FP+ for SDD in 20 and a ADR at Le Cellier at 6 so the faster they get ToT done, the better.

I assume this is how you experienced the attraction recently?

Goofyernmost

Nahh, only extreme fanatics notice such things. The plebs are happy to skip the preshow and get on the ride cause they got a FP+ for SDD in 20 and a ADR at Le Cellier at 6 so the faster they get ToT done, the better.

I assume this is how you experienced the attraction recently?
Sadly, that it absolutely true. Only the people that have seen it before and have it basically memorized even know that it is different. It's not to say that it should be that way, but, again reality raises its ugly head and what one doesn't now, doesn't bother them. What is the solution. Do we just ignore it or do we find a way to let not only the management aware of what it should be, but, the public as well. Then it becomes how do we inform the public. Those that frequent the Disney boards are probably already aware, those that are newbee's are completely oblivious to anything being wrong. It doesn't seem to me that there is any fix to this other then complaining and then not going back until things are fixed. But, then how will we know when things are fixed. Quite the dilemma, is it not?

Jones14

Not due to anything “not working”.
Has this been happening recently? If so, we must have had good luck; I usually go on and on about how great the preshow is whenever we’re there.

Missing20K

Sadly, that it absolutely true. Only the people that have seen it before and have it basically memorized even know that it is different. It's not to say that it should be that way, but, again reality raises its ugly head and what one doesn't now, doesn't bother them.

No it really isn't true at all. Lots of first time guests notice all sorts of little details that made/make Disney the first name in themed attractions/entertainment. Disney parks at their best exude Gestalt. The whole is more than just the sum of the parts. Moreover, memorizing an attraction has little to do with whether or not the attraction should be experienced by all guests at it's utmost capability and highest standard feasible. If not for all of the attention to detail, including working effects and utilizing the attraction as designed/intended, then Disney wouldn't have become what it is today. I just could not disagree more, respectfully.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom