Rumor Wonders of Life getting an attraction soon?

brb1006

Also is it just me or does the Animatronic Army led by Captain Cortex from Brain Command (Now known as Cranium Command) remind me of The Gremlins from the 1943 children's book written and published by Roald Dahl made during World War 2? I remember The Gremlins were planned on getting their own film by Disney but got scrapped. I feel like these characters from Brain Command might had been inspired by The Gremlins.
gremlins-cover-web.jpg

gremlins-oil-can-web.jpg

gremlins-fixing-plane-web.jpg

DreamfinderGuy

@marni1971 I do have to ask about one part, "Video was steadily shot with a bonus of the ride motion base disabled, enhanced and is flicker free". How did you manage that one? I understand if you can't answer it since I'm sure one of your many friends turned it off for you at your request.
From what I’ve heard, the motion base can be disabled in one simulator during slow times. This is mainly for the benefit of people who wish to ride but are prone to motion sickness, disabled, etc

Goofyernmost

I've been wondering about that discrepancy for a long time. He's got a more cartoony voice in the preshow, then he sounds like a little boy in the actual show. What gives?
In all fairness, one is a cartoon and the other is supposed to be an animatronic playing the part of a youngster on his first assignment. Either way I cannot wrap my brain around the idea that people even bother to notice that or what possible difference it makes even if they do. When I flip into suspension of disbelief, I don't go only partially. If I start questioning every little thing that varies from reality, then the entire story is lost.

brb1006

I'm so used to looking at old camcorder footage of EPCOT it was a little jarring to see such clean, sharp footage of WoL. It really wasn't that long ago that this pavilion was a place you could spend a couple of hours in between all the shows and activites...at no additional charge.
Seeing clean footage of the pavilion still feels like it's still open despite knowing it's closed.

Kman101

That's the first I've heard of the Tangled rumor, but I have heard about the idea of moving Small World or CoP to Epcot. I have no idea if it would fit in the WoL building, but Carousel of Progress would bring some world's fair flair back to Epcot, return to the style and message of classic EPCOT Center rides, and fill the "Let's cool off and relax for about 30 minutes" category that Energy used to fill in that area of the park.

Personally, I'd rather see Disney create a new, original attraction or a really-well executed IP edutainment tie-in like Inside Out. However, the idea of moving Small World or CoP is interesting (CoP is probably a better fit in Epcot). Walt's own attraction would then reside in his 'dream city' of Epcot.

I'd really love both. Carousel of Progress belongs in Disneyland's Tomorrowland, not that I wouldn't love it moved to Future World too. Carousel and Small World have the long history with the World's Fair. Future World is that nod to Worlds Fairs. They belong.

I've thought if they just built a showbuilding behind Wonders they could put Small World there. (I know, people are groaning but seriously folks, both attractions would go along way towards fixing Future World and they should have been there; Wonders showbuilding is where I'd have had Carousel. But I doubt they'd make a new theater. A showbuilding and moving sets and boats is far more likely. Carousel sounds like it's staying in Tomorrowland, and that's fine. Horzions was Epcot's Carousel. But I think both fit (I still live in a dream where Horizons exists; it and World of Motion being gutted were such mistakes; but we'd likely get IP in both of them so maybe it's for the best they're in our memories)

They seem to be letting Small World and Buzz kind of fade so I have to wonder if there are long-term plans there we don't know anything about. Or they just keep putting off doing any work on them because they're cheap (the more likely solution lol - we know Figment keeps getting pushed off time and again for other projects, which I actually think we should probably be grateful for as we'd have probably lost Figment by now so at least we have a glimmer of hope he stays in some capacity). As much as Figment is an "IP" I still struggle, with their current mindset, that they'd actually base a new ride around him. But they could use it as a way to give Epcot a birthday gift.

What they really need the 50th to be is giving gifts to each of the park that are nostalgic of old concepts passed over. THAT would be a welcome birthday.

I think Tangled's tower at the MK went where it did for a reason.

But we'll see. Even if nothing ultimately moves or gets replaced, I have to imagine plans exist somewhere. They have to go over all kinds of scenarios and have all sorts of different plans and options for things. It's just a matter of getting it done they used to have a problem with and still struggle a bit with now.

They really need to make some bold changes at Epcot's Future World.

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

I know it's not happening, but a while back someone suggested Pigs in Space and I'll just never be able to shake that from my head. What a joy that would be. Put Piggy in the cockpit and let her gun it . . . *sigh* . . . I'm sure it will in reality be an IP much more suited to contemporary guest tastes.

Whatever it DOES end up being, I have to assume it will be somewhat stand-alone, being wedged between Muppets and Indy? Even if there's interest in expanding Indy's presence I don't picture that would take over Star Tours, so this IP would likely be something without other relatives in the park . . . ?

I'm perhaps even more curious to see what happens to Disneyland's Star Tours, since their Tomorrowland is looong overdue for an overhaul and Star Tours takes up prime real estate. Is the expectation that theirs has its days numbered as well?
Personally I like the idea of making Star Tours a version of the Muppet Movie Ride where you simulate not just Pigs in Space but several other Muppet movies, presumably randomly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom