Rumor Wonders of Life getting an attraction soon?

lazyboy97o

While this is true, and likely not at all related to what may or may not be coming, I imagine they have some loose long-term game plan they're following. One thing ultimately leads to another.

It also sounds like they don't like seeing empty spaces anymore. But that still doesn't mean anything's coming. But I don't think it's wrong to assume it's being prepared for long-term future use.
That assumption is based on the idea that there is some small group coordinating everything at Disney when it’s really different groups with different responsibilities. Even construction related tasks fall to different groups. Fassility Asset Management’s (FAM) job is to maintain existing facilities and until they are told by the park it is coming down then they are going to keep doing that job. Even items that have been publicly announced for demolition have seen maintenance work performed on them.

Kamikaze

Inside the Space Restaurant you won't see anything outside because there are no true windows.

No, but there have to be! I can't be locked inside with no sunlight! The screens have to have an option to switch to regular windows because I'm very claustrophic! Who cares about 'immersion'? I'm gonna die if I go in there.

tomast

...Or Discovery Island, Image Works, Food Rocks, etc...

I would think the idea to reuse WoL would come from a budget reason, crowd and speed reason...Im guess that if anything is going to go into WoL it would cost far less and would be far faster to reuse the building. The business guy in me thinks that IF something is going to go into WoL, they would likely want to get proper construction started by this winter, if they want to hit an opening date that would match up with GotG to siphon off some of the lines.

Logic tells me that anything going into that building would be pretty tame, low cost and extremely family friendly to balance off the three thrill rides on that side of the park...all things that could be accomplished quickly and with low cost.

Im not going to even guess at theme, but "business me" cant see anything amazing going in here, from an attraction standpoint.

My guess... a Meet and Greet location for Marvel-ish characters, and maybe a cheap show, something to put the families that went to see GoG but are young enought to ride a roller coaster.

HauntedMansionFLA

Didn’t they open up something warning people about the risk of obesity and all of the health risks involved and people freaked out?? There are several good educational options that could go into the space.

Kman101

That assumption is based on the idea that there is some small group coordinating everything at Disney when it’s really different groups with different responsibilities. Even construction related tasks fall to different groups. Fassility Asset Management’s (FAM) job is to maintain existing facilities and until they are told by the park it is coming down then they are going to keep doing that job. Even items that have been publicly announced for demolition have seen maintenance work performed on them.

Good point, one I wasn't aware of.

Kman101

That's great to hear! WoL is space that could be put to good use, especially when GotG opens up and the area becomes more congested with Test Track already an E-Ticket.

I'd be shocked if it didn't become an Inside Out attraction of some sort. Trackless dark ride? Then in a few years (hopefully money gets coming ...) a Figment refresh for Epcot's 40th. But that's probably a dream and if they ran the parks like they cared about anniversaries. So many promotional and marketing opportunities smack them in the face and they ignore them.

Of course the wild internet rumor of moving Small World and replacing it with Tangled. But if we get Fantasyland 2.0 in World Showcase we have to be getting more princesses than the Frozen girls. I don't count Poppins as a princess but it is still fantasy. I really don't mind leaving the "real" World Showcase and entering the fantasyworld of the movie it's based on or "inspired by" :cautious: -- I still take issue with Frozen but it is what it is at this point -- (I know some do and of course my absolute first choice would almost always be original WDI created attractions fitting perfectly where they are going but we know that's long gone at the moment for the parks if they want to get any projects going it likely has to be IP related).

I'm wondering if Tangled was considered for Germany (I know! But we have to be getting more than the Frozen sisters and Poppins and even Rat for me to even consider it "Fantasyland 2.0"). They already have the load building for a ride and the entrance ... all they need to do is build a show building and put in an attraction, same for Wonders of Life. "Easy" projects that utilize areas not being used. Expanding without expanding, per say.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Guardians building, just like so many others will just disappear, but, at least give them time to finish construction. Wanna see another?

Haunted%20Mansion.png

This one is funny because it reminds me of the hate that Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey was getting from a certain segment of pixie dusters...and they were all saying "You don't REALLY go IN the hogwart's castle, it's all just a facade, and you go into a separate building, so fake!" and I was saying, you mean like the Haunted Mansion? same exact thing!

Kman101

I’m relatively positive. But they are probably trolling us and will install a spinner inside WoL, add a food cart and a couple of benches and do a summer event around it.

I'll be honest in thinking we'll see some sort of kids flat ride area in Epcot. Not that I want that, mind you. But more "family friendly" you know. And of course IP related. I keep picturing "a bug's life" represented in The Land. It's an easy IP tie-in. Update the boat ride with Bugs characters and boom, you saved money, tied in an IP and it's more family friendly.

You just have to think like they do and their plans are fairly obvious.

Or Zootopia goes into The Land. LOL.

Oh we should be in for some interesting few years.

I feel like this is gonna be the Nemo/Stitch/Cabs overlay years all over again.

Figment Newton

I'd be shocked if it didn't become an Inside Out attraction of some sort. Trackless dark ride? Then in a few years (hopefully money gets coming ...) a Figment refresh for Epcot's 40th. But that's probably a dream and if they ran the parks like they cared about anniversaries. So many promotional and marketing opportunities smack them in the face and they ignore them.

Of course the wild internet rumor of moving Small World and replacing it with Tangled.
That's the first I've heard of the Tangled rumor, but I have heard about the idea of moving Small World or CoP to Epcot. I have no idea if it would fit in the WoL building, but Carousel of Progress would bring some world's fair flair back to Epcot, return to the style and message of classic EPCOT Center rides, and fill the "Let's cool off and relax for about 30 minutes" category that Energy used to fill in that area of the park.

Personally, I'd rather see Disney create a new, original attraction or a really-well executed IP edutainment tie-in like Inside Out. However, the idea of moving Small World or CoP is interesting (CoP is probably a better fit in Epcot). Walt's own attraction would then reside in his 'dream city' of Epcot.

wishiwere@wdw

Unfortunately, I have no way to validate this information so take it for what it is... rumor. I was recently told that this is nothing more than a place to move the big character meet and greet at Epcot due to the upcoming construction/demolition for the spine project. That’s not to say an actual attraction isn’t in the works for some point in the future I guess. And in no way do I have insider info so I’m not sure how credible this is. Sorry. Just wanted to throw this out there to see if any of our actual insiders can lend any credibility to it lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom