Rumor Wonders of Life getting an attraction soon?

Goofyernmost

We just left Disney today. I can’t believe how much of an eye sore that Guardians building is. It’s massive.
When was the last time you noticed this one:

rock-n-roller-coaster-building-08182017-1.jpg

DJNsraJUIAAIDB0.jpg

Guardians building, just like so many others will just disappear, but, at least give them time to finish construction. Wanna see another?

Haunted%20Mansion.png

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Apples and oranges. You can’t see that one from the parking lot or all over the park.
Bet you could when they were building it. The Soarin Building is about the size of an airplane hanger and it is quite visible, if you are looking for it. However, you could spend the whole day in World Showcase and not notice it at all. I'm guessing that would be part of the magic.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Bet you could when they were building it. The Soarin Building is about the size of an airplane hanger and it is quite visible, if you are looking for it. However, you could spend the whole day in World Showcase and not notice it at all. I'm guessing that would be part of the magic.
Soarin is not nearly as high and partly hidden. It’s also adjacent to other buildings that help mask it.

ABQ

Need some more in park photos of this new building to see how bad it is, I guess. Only one I have seen from ground level is the one that @prfctlyximprct linked that caught a glimpse adjacent to WoL. I can excuse seeing it from the parking lot, same way I do the Flight of Passage building in the AK lot.

Missing20K

When was the last time you noticed this one:

rock-n-roller-coaster-building-08182017-1.jpg

DJNsraJUIAAIDB0.jpg

Any show building being seen from "on-stage" in MGM isn't relevant to the discussion considering the original theme of the park was literally going "backstage" and "on set" and into the "backlot" to see how movie magic was created.

I know I'm in the minority but seeing FoP from AK parking lot is ugly. I believe all guest accessible areas of WDW to be "on-stage" though I know I'm in an even smaller minority there. But I take the cue from CM behavior. If a guest can see a CM, the guest is "on-stage". Again, I know it's not a common view. But I enjoy the illusion created by purposefully created vistas in and out of the parks.

Robbiem

Any show building being seen from "on-stage" in MGM isn't relevant to the discussion considering the original theme of the park was literally going "backstage" and "on set" and into the "backlot" to see how movie magic was created.

I know I'm in the minority but seeing FoP from AK parking lot is ugly. I believe all guest accessible areas of WDW to be "on-stage" though I know I'm in an even smaller minority there. But I take the cue from CM behavior. If a guest can see a CM, the guest is "on-stage". Again, I know it's not a common view. But I enjoy the illusion created by purposefully created vistas in and out of the parks.

I agree a full emersive resort like WDW should consider all public areas as on stage seeing backstage when you dont have to is just lazy and spoils the magic IMO the whole resort should be considered ‘inside the berm’

Goofyernmost

Need some more in park photos of this new building to see how bad it is, I guess. Only one I have seen from ground level is the one that @prfctlyximprct linked that caught a glimpse adjacent to WoL. I can excuse seeing it from the parking lot, same way I do the Flight of Passage building in the AK lot.
Along with ToT, Spaceship Earth, Everest (very ugly backside), and the Castle in MK from the TTC. And others like Space Mountain from outside the parks. Like it or not, those are just buildings, fancy ones, yes, but, buildings none the less.

Spash007

Honestly, I don't think there's anything wrong with expecting more from Disney. As was pointed out, the ride building for attractions like HM were completely hidden, and it appears that Disney is just getting lazy. Granted part of the problem is because as times change and technologies advance, buildings do have to be bigger (in some cases). I get that, but what bothers me the most is that how large this is going to be, so close to other iconic attractions, especially SE. With proper theming, maybe it could be done in a way to enhance the former. It would be different and take some getting used to, but the next generation of WDW fans would probably love that view as much as we all love the current view. However, without proper theming, its just a constant, visual reminder of what was lost in Epcot.

I've read most of the posts on this thread, but may have missed the ones where people said this would ruin their trips and would stop going. My take is that we are all dedicated fans, and as such have high expectations, and it's just disappointing to see Disney not considering the whole park any longer like they used to. It's the black fly on the dole whip ;)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So um, about WoL...

Is the construction at both of the adjacent pavilions the reason this might become active again?
No. They’ve finally realised the park is underperforming. Cheaper to reuse than to build new.

I would guess that with DAK's jump in numbers thanks to Pandora and DHS's jump in number soon due to SWL, there was a sudden realization that Epcot would be the least attended park of WDW. Panic ensues.

lazyboy97o

he business guy in me thinks that IF something is going to go into WoL, they would likely want to get proper construction started by this winter,
Ideas being considered now means Blue Sky or Concept Design. Unless it is a very, very light renovation beyond what is happening now, there is almost no chance Disney could be ready for construction in a few months.

enjoy the illusion created by purposefully created vistas in and out of the parks.
Form. Space. Order.
Don’t you love Ching?

So um, about WoL...

Is the construction at both of the adjacent pavilions the reason this might become active again?
Walt Disney Imagineering is not in charge of all construction projects.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom