• Yes

Votes: 645 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 81 10.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 65 8.2%

• Total voters

surfsupdon

I liked it a lot watching the wdwmagic YouTube version.

But in person, this past week, it felt not as good. An over reliance on projection. The castle is THE castle and lighting it up in different colors was beautiful and grand. The projections felt like graffiti on a beautiful masterpiece. The fireworks also seemed second fiddle to the projections. I didn't like it as much as I expected to. It was nice, and pretty, but not grand and enormous. My opinion.

UpAllNight

I feel like watching it online before seeing it in person would rob you of the initial wow factor, but I do understand why people feel like they can't wait and watch these vids. I personally avoid them until I've seen it once but that's just me.

zoso

Did someone say flamethrowers on a castle?

Castle on fire by Kevin, on Flickr

They are cool in DLP, but since we have plenty flame at DHS and Illuminations, I'm fine without it here.

I actually specifically didn't say on the castle lmao I meant behind the castle on the roof tops of the buildings to the sides. Not sure how to identify them, but most of the close-up pyro that isn't on the castle launched on those roof tops.

I understand why some would find it overwhelming though.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I actually specifically didn't say on the castle lmao I meant behind the castle on the roof tops of the buildings to the sides. Not sure how to identify them, but most of the close-up pyro that isn't on the castle launched on those roof tops.

I understand why some would find it overwhelming though.
The Fantasyland rooftops, where DL has its flame jets.

zoso

So it seems as though they brought back the original fireworks during the Frozen sequence. Not 100% sure if this was yesterday, but Olaf has the spotlight effect that MTBaymax mentioned above...so I'm 99% it is was recent.

beFWtqF.png

SpectroMan93

So it seems as though they brought back the original fireworks during the Frozen sequence. Not 100% sure if this was yesterday, but Olaf has the spotlight effect that MTBaymax mentioned above...so I'm 99% it is was recent.

beFWtqF.png
Can you post the link to the video?

zoso

Can you post the link to the video?

Not the greatest quality.

Edit: Upon watching this a second time, it seems like the right side (@ 9:51) had the flare looking pyro with the first launch, and then the right side switched back to the old pyro with the second launch (@ 9:58). Gives you a good comparison between the two types though.

Last edited:

Notes from Neverland

Edit: Upon watching this a second time, it seems like the right side (@ 9:51) had the flare looking pyro with the first launch, and then the right side switched back to the old pyro with the second launch (@ 9:58). Gives you a good comparison between the two types though.

Thanks for posting this. Spotlight for Olaf is a great idea as he was kind of hard to see if you weren't watching. Also good to see the original fireworks for that scene mostly returning. They feel much more appropriate for that scene.

Disney Analyst

Honestly as someone who's been monitoring videos since the debut, the pyro has been fluctuating so much. The Frozen pyro changed in the second week, and then was normal by media day during pandora, then switched again. Same with Toy story, square shaped pyro, then not, then back, then not. I think it mostly stocking issues and less them playing around.

Eckert

Saw the show again last night from the hub with some people who have seen the show before and even they commented about the show audio being too low. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me. Will definitely only watch it from right next to a speaker until they fix this. It really is making it harder to enjoy the show.
FWIW, I'm mutual friends with a sound technician for the show and they are very well aware of it. As of a few days ago, they've cranked up the audio and have made it louder. Too many people talking over the music!

EvilChameleon

I suppose tonight we'll see if they decide to bring the other two background launching points into the show as rumored, since they just used them two days in a row for the 4th Of July shows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom