• Yes

Votes: 645 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 81 10.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 65 8.2%

• Total voters

Kman101

I don't know. I wouldn't mind if they pluses HEA for the 50th maybe changed some scenes if it meant budget going elsewhere. But that's a few years away. I'm torn because I'd like a new show for the 50th but also wouldn't be that upset if they kept HEA. I do think they need to not go so long without changing entertainment but I'm torn on this.

hpyhnt 1000

I don't know. I wouldn't mind if they pluses HEA for the 50th maybe changed some scenes if it meant budget going elsewhere. But that's a few years away. I'm torn because I'd like a new show for the 50th but also wouldn't be that upset if they kept HEA. I do think they need to not go so long without changing entertainment but I'm torn on this.

I'd be fine with updates to HEA, especially if it meant resources were used to give more of the park's existing attractions upgrades/extensive refurbs, and do a proper makeover of ALL of Tomorrowland.

Overtime - a personal "realistic" wishlist for the 50th:
  • An all new, state of the art light parade that is a worthy successor for SpectroMagic.
  • HEA gets updates to a few scenes, some new ground level effects added to Main Street and Fantasyland, and the use of some of the perimeter launch points to supplement the existing pyro.
  • FoF remains largely intact but with updates - new float for the Mermaid section (currently the weakest unit of the parade by far) and add the Snow White and Alice units that were cut before the parade debuted.
  • An updated castle stage show themed to the 50th.
All told, I think all those additions and upgrades, when combined with a new light parade, would make for a pretty solid entertainment offering for the 50th anniversary. But of course I wouldn't say no to new everything. :D

jrhwdw

I'd be fine with updates to HEA, especially if it meant resources were used to give more of the park's existing attractions upgrades/extensive refurbs, and do a proper makeover of ALL of Tomorrowland.

Overtime - a personal "realistic" wishlist for the 50th:
  • An all new, state of the art light parade that is a worthy successor for SpectroMagic.
  • HEA gets updates to a few scenes, some new ground level effects added to Main Street and Fantasyland, and the use of some of the perimeter launch points to supplement the existing pyro.
  • FoF remains largely intact but with updates - new float for the Mermaid section (currently the weakest unit of the parade by far) and add the Snow White and Alice units that were cut before the parade debuted.
  • An updated castle stage show themed to the 50th.
All told, I think all those additions and upgrades, when combined with a new light parade, would make for a pretty solid entertainment offering for the 50th anniversary. But of course I wouldn't say no to new everything. :D
I didn't know floats were planned for Alice and Snow White! Was there any concept art of the floats?

Notes from Neverland

After watching several more videos on YouTube of recent shows, it looks like the fireworks are still evolving some. There are now fireworks shaped like a bell during the Hunchback scene, Moana now also has some shaped like Maui's hook and a few others. Unfortunately, there was one change which seemed a bit backwards. The low fireworks during the Frozen scene don't really match as well as the ones shown during the premiere.

zoso

After watching several more videos on YouTube of recent shows, it looks like the fireworks are still evolving some. There are now fireworks shaped like a bell during the Hunchback scene, Moana now also has some shaped like Maui's hook and a few others. Unfortunately, there was one change which seemed a bit backwards. The low fireworks during the Frozen scene don't really match as well as the ones shown during the premiere.

I caught that too. Definitely preferred the original pyro, but the new ones aren't horrible per se, they just look less impressive. Here's a side-by-side I just made. Top is old, bottom is new.

uEpS4zo.jpg

The original pyro (comets) had bright tails that streaked across the sky and looked more romantic IMO. The new ones (pearls) look sorta like flares.

I wonder if the original pyro was more expensive and Disney changed it to save some money? They certainly look like the more expensive option.

zoso

Also had a random thought while rewatching recently...does anybody else think the "villain" scene would look cool with some flamethrowers? Kinda like the villain/hellfire scene in WoC. Or would that be too much? If even possible.

Like this but instead on the roofs of the buildings behind/to the side of the castle and only used scarcely during the Lion King/Pirates scene.

maxresdefault.jpg

Notes from Neverland

I caught that too. Definitely preferred the original pyro, but the new ones aren't horrible per se, they just look less impressive. Here's a side-by-side I just made. Top is old, bottom is new.

uEpS4zo.jpg

The original pyro (comets) had bright tails that streaked across the sky and looked more romantic IMO. The new ones (pearls) look sorta like flares.

I wonder if the original pyro was more expensive and Disney changed it to save some money? They certainly look like the more expensive option.

Great images showing the change. It's also worth noting the new ones appear to fire a lot faster, while the old set fired a bit slower and matched the pace of the music a lot better.

EvilChameleon

Regarding the fireworks during the Frozen section, I wouldn't be surprised if they loaded the wrong shells there, because those look exactly like the shells you see during the finale of the show.

Any further proof of those being a permanent change would be welcomed though.

Notes from Neverland

Regarding the fireworks during the Frozen section, I wouldn't be surprised if they loaded the wrong shells there, because those look exactly like the shells you see during the finale of the show.

Any further proof of those being a permanent change would be welcomed though.

After skimming through the past several days of shows, the newer version (the ones also seen in the finale) were used in each instance.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm gonna sound like an idiot, but what exactly does this mean? Lol

WDW gets the fireworks supply almost a year ahead of time. And so, when they rushed HEA into production, they did so in less than a year, which meant they had old Wishes fireworks hanging around and not the full inventory of f.w. they would have wanted for HEA.

So... they're burning through the old Wishes inventory where they can in the show and inserting the custom HEA f.w. into the show as it arrives.

zoso

WDW gets the fireworks supply almost a year ahead of time. And so, when they rushed HEA into production, they did so in less than a year, which meant they had old Wishes fireworks hanging around and not the full inventory of f.w. they would have wanted for HEA.

So... they're burning through the old Wishes inventory where they can in the show and inserting the custom HEA f.w. into the show as it arrives.

Thank you! Makes sense.

culturenthrills

Ignite is scheduled this Saturday according to SWOs calendar. Questioning if it will be worth going to see.
It was. It is totally different from any of the other shows in Orlando. A great combination of fountains, lasers, fire and fireworks. And the best thing about it is you can be really close to it if you want. Really blew me away. I live less than 10 minutes from SWO and plan to stop by at least once a week to see it.

culturenthrills

I think the reality is, as the technology of nighttime spectaculars has evolved to no longer be just fireworks but things like projection mapping, fountains, mist screens and so much more there are a whole lot of options they could consider. The layout of IOA would likely need tweaking to improve availability of viewing locations along the lagoon edge, but that's certainly something they could do as part of a show development. General access nighttime entertainment spectaculars is just not something that UO has been big on over the years.

They would definitely need to build more boardwalks and viewing areas around the lagoon for a nighttime show. They need to replace Cinematic Spectacular first. It really is the worst show in town now. Except for the E.T music finale. Love that, don't change that.

jrhwdw

If it's true that HEA was rushed under a year, It's amazing that there's 17 mins and so many diffrent kinds of pyro in HEA!

I read that post like WDW renewed their Wishes order which is 12 mins of certain pyro then decided to approve HEA and get it online!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom