• Yes

Votes: 645 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 81 10.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 65 8.2%

• Total voters

mm52200

Will it actually be a pyro reduction or just the same amount of pyro from Wishes which is 12 minutes long, spread along the new 18 minutes Happily Ever After? Of course it will seem like a reduction but with the additions of projections, lasers, lights, this is nothing but an upgrade. But I guess it's a taste of preference, would people prefer just 12 minutes of pyro and nothing else supplementing it, or 18 minutes and a much more impressive infrastructure, technology and show elements.

EvilChameleon

Right, so the article posted on this website confirms Tinkerbell and the holiday versions of the shows to continue, so I can only assume that means perimeter effects as well.

DisneyFan 2000

I'm game. For all the pig headed decisions Disney has made this past decade, they've been consistent in quality with their nighttime offerings. I'm much more confident in this than I would be if another attraction was removed in favor of the IP of the month. (Yes Guardians, I'm looking at you!)

PJBuckeye

In the Parks
Yes
That is a good point, but I would hope WDW realises that the fireworks are a big selling point, not just for the Pirates cruise but also at Cali Grill, Polynesian (in general) and other events such as the ferryboat party.

Agree, we did Narcossee's on our last trip for my wife's birthday. Fireworks is definitely an important element booking a late dinner there.

ToTBellHop

I just read that Hunchback of Notre Dame will be included in this show. This is the most exciting thing I have read about it and will be eagerly awaiting this segment. I fully expect to see, feel and hear "Hellfire."
Yes. The list has grown.

• Aladdin*
  • Big Hero Six
  • Brave*
  • Frozen*
  • The Hunchback of Notre Dame*
  • The Incredibles*
  • The Lion King*
  • The Little Mermaid
  • Moana*
  • Mulan*
  • Tarzan*
  • The Princess and the Frog*
  • Toy Story*
  • Up
  • WALL-E
  • Wreck-It Ralph
  • Zootopia
  • Pirates of the Caribbean (I added)
  • Sleeping Beauty (I added)
  • The Jungle Book (I added)
  • Beauty and the Beast (I added)
  • Peter Pan (I added)
Can't find what the asterisks mean.

Last edited:

Tobe

Here is hoping the show, at its core, is a fireworks spectacular!!!

What they had at HS, and then replaced with the current show, is a shame.

This 100 times over! I am so glad we got to see the original Star Wars Fireworks show at Hollywood Studios. The replacement projection/fireworks show is just such a step down in the fireworks department and I was very disappointed. Maybe it would have been better if I hadn't seen the original. Then I wouldn't know what I was missing.

Also thought the Disneyland 65th Fireworks show was quite an inferior show to the Julie Andrews hosted Remember Dreams Come True show that preceded it. The projections on Main Street were nice but the fireworks and music/story were nothing compared to the previous show. It was just a mash up of Disney/Pixar movie characters, classic and new, with no compelling story line tying the segments together. Some of the effects were very cool but it just didn't make me feel the Disney magic like Wishes, Dreams, and Illuminations do.

Wishes is my second favorite nighttime Disney show after Dreams Come True and followed by Illuminations and I will be very sad to see it go. That said, I hope the new show is great and makes me cry like a little girl! LOL! I am just not very optimistic this will be the case after seeing what they have done as follow up shows for Star Wars a Galactic Spectacular and Remember Dreams Come True. But I will try to keep an open mind. Can't wait till August to see it!

MerlinTheGoat

Yes. The list has grown.

• Aladdin*
  • Big Hero Six
  • Brave*
  • Frozen*
  • The Hunchback of Notre Dame*
  • The Incredibles*
  • The Lion King*
  • The Little Mermaid
  • Moana*
  • Mulan*
  • Tarzan*
  • The Princess and the Frog*
  • Toy Story*
  • Up
  • WALL-E
  • Wreck-It Ralph
  • Zootopia
  • Pirates of the Caribbean (I added)
  • Sleeping Beauty (I added)
  • The Jungle Book (I added)
  • Beauty and the Beast (I added)
  • Peter Pan (I added)
Can't find what the asterisks mean.
Maybe the asterisks are related to what effects they will be using for those segments. Perhaps they will be the scenes accompanied by pyro and fireworks, with the others being projection only.

Cool to hear Hunchback of Notre Dame being included. Weird to see only two classic Walt era films though (surprised with no Snow White or especially Cinderella).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom