• Yes

Votes: 645 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 81 10.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 65 8.2%

• Total voters

surfsupdon

This 100 times over! I am so glad we got to see the original Star Wars Fireworks show at Hollywood Studios. The replacement projection/fireworks show is just such a step down in the fireworks department and I was very disappointed. Maybe it would have been better if I hadn't seen the original. Then I wouldn't know what I was missing.

Also thought the Disneyland 65th Fireworks show was quite an inferior show to the Julie Andrews hosted Remember Dreams Come True show that preceded it. The projections on Main Street were nice but the fireworks and music/story were nothing compared to the previous show. It was just a mash up of Disney/Pixar movie characters, classic and new, with no compelling story line tying the segments together. Some of the effects were very cool but it just didn't make me feel the Disney magic like Wishes, Dreams, and Illuminations do.

Wishes is my second favorite nighttime Disney show after Dreams Come True and followed by Illuminations and I will be very sad to see it go. That said, I hope the new show is great and makes me cry like a little girl! LOL! I am just not very optimistic this will be the case after seeing what they have done as follow up shows for Star Wars a Galactic Spectacular and Remember Dreams Come True. But I will try to keep an open mind. Can't wait till August to see it!
I agree. The original Star Wars and Frozen firework shows were firework spectaculars at HS. The current show is very, very disappointing.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I am told to expect extended portions without fireworks.

To heck with anyone not in the hub, then. Which will make the hub an even more frantically packed experience since that will be the only way to really experience the fireworks show.

I'd rather see lasers left out of the Magic Kingdom. Something about an 11th century inspired castle and lasers don't mix. Lasers have the ideal home at Epcot.

I'd say I'd rather see lasers almost never used.

When lasers are just a one-dimensional line, like the pew-pew lasers firing from a Star Wars spaceship at DHS, they work very well.

When lasers try to create a two-dimensional plane by swinging back and forth really fast, then that effect looks like garbage. Even worse when they try to undulate like a wave or create the surface of cone. The flicker is visible and hurts the eyes. The effect is very clearly brighter near the laser source than further way. Not to mention the shallow color palette.

Laser show tech has barely made any significant advancement from the 70's. In the 70's, it wowed us. Today, it fails us.

Lasers are doing well to give oomph to video projection. They mostly fail at unfiltered effects.

Not to mention that to get a really good laser show with enough lasers all acting in harmony that you'd have to prevent air traffic in a 20 mile radius.

Buried20KLeague

Yes. The list has grown.

• Aladdin*
  • Big Hero Six
  • Brave*
  • Frozen*
  • The Hunchback of Notre Dame*
  • The Incredibles*
  • The Lion King*
  • The Little Mermaid
  • Moana*
  • Mulan*
  • Tarzan*
  • The Princess and the Frog*
  • Toy Story*
  • Up
  • WALL-E
  • Wreck-It Ralph
  • Zootopia
  • Pirates of the Caribbean (I added)
  • Sleeping Beauty (I added)
  • The Jungle Book (I added)
  • Beauty and the Beast (I added)
  • Peter Pan (I added)
Can't find what the asterisks mean.

How many of these overlap between the current castle projection show and this new one? I'll be awfully surprised if the current castle show continues.

VJ

It definitely is! Song is @ 1:18 and 26:33

Fun fact: Journey to Imagination from Mickey and the Magical Map, Happily Ever After from Wondrous Book and Live the Magic from Disneyland Forever were all written by the same songwriting team: Adam Watts and Andy Dodd. They've also written a couple Disney Channel Original Movie songs.

Yes, I research. :D

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
What are the chances we'll ever see an original John Williams score in a Disney fireworks show? Probably zip to none but it's nice to dream about.

Given how much they've worked with Disney, I'd say Hans Zimmer or Danny Elfman would be much more likely... (personally, if Danny Elfman did a new, original score for their Halloween fireworks, I'd make the trip down just for that...)

FigmentJedi

Yes. The list has grown.

• Aladdin*
  • Big Hero Six
  • Brave*
  • Frozen*
  • The Incredibles*
  • The Lion King*
  • The Little Mermaid
  • Moana*
  • Mulan*
  • Tarzan*
  • Toy Story*
  • Up
  • WALL-E
  • Wreck-It Ralph
  • Zootopia
  • Peter Pan (I added)
If Frozen's in, then they should kick it out of Once Upon a Time and get the Alice scene back in there.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Yes. The list has grown.

• Aladdin*
  • Big Hero Six
  • Brave*
  • Frozen*
  • The Incredibles*
  • The Lion King*
  • The Little Mermaid
  • Moana*
  • Mulan*
  • Tarzan*
  • Toy Story*
  • Up
  • WALL-E
  • Wreck-It Ralph
  • Zootopia
  • Peter Pan (I added)

I'm sure some of these will be headliners and have little vignettes while the rest will be in passing cameos as is the usual practice.

HMF

Disneyland Forever got two brand-spanking-new songs, one written by Richard Sherman.

WDW gets leftovers from Hong Kong.

I realize the show will most likely be nice and will contain (seemingly) more original score than reused, but it's disappointing that they're reusing music yet again.
To be fair, The theme from Disneyland's "Magical" Fireworks show was taken from Epcot's Splashtacular which was taken from a show in Tokyo if I remember correctly.

VJ

To be fair, The theme from Disneyland's "Magical" Fireworks show was taken from Epcot's Splashtacular which was taken from a show in Tokyo if I remember correctly.
Yep, "It's Magical" from Tokyo Disneyland's 10th anniversary stage show. I thought it was kinda cool that Greg Smith scored both the original Tokyo Disneyland show and the Disneyland fireworks show. You do have a point, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom