• Yes

Votes: 645 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 81 10.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 65 8.2%

• Total voters

psherman42

I didn't watch any of the videos (don't want to spoil it) but I'm so happy after reading the comments in here after the testing last night. I was worried this would end up like the Star Wars show at Studios as well with more projections than fireworks so I'm glad it appears I was wrong as well. I can't wait to see this live.

psherman42

Exactly ... and Jingle Bell Jingle BAM wasn't exactly a knock it out of the park hit. And with SWAGS, I was disappointed because the Frozen fireworks were really well done, and I could care less about Frozen. They usually DO do a good job with fireworks but a few things have left us a little concerned. I too am glad to see they were unfounded with HEA.
I can't speak for others, but I personally would love SWAGS if the pyro was up to the level of the Star Wars fireworks show that preceded the addition of the laser projections and moving the pyro over to the side. I don't remember if that was also called SWAGS or if it had a different name. Had I not seen the original version, I probably wouldn't have much of an issue with the current one. It's a pretty good show. The projections are cool but for me they don't make up for the variety of the fireworks and how well those were paired with the music. It was truly a spectacular show. I wish they could have kept that level of pyro and just added the projections to it. And it just bugs the crap out of me to have the fireworks that off center. Besides being aesthetically displeasing because of lack of symmetry, it really diminishes the available area from which to get a good view of the show.

That being said, I do agree they had to move the fireworks from where they were being shot off before. Closing down Pixar place during the fireworks and having to sweep the area for any burning shell remnants after the show was not very functional in a park that currently is low on the number of available attractions. We were trapped in a crushing throng of people for about a half hour after the show before they funneled us through the gate to animation courtyard and opened up the path toward TSMM. I don't think we could have gotten out of there if we had wanted to. Definitely made the wrong choice that night. Should have headed to RRC after the fireworks.

Of course my view is jaded because I prefer actual fireworks to the projection shows. Don't get me wrong, I think the projections are really cool and amazing technology and very pretty but I personally prefer enormous fireworks lighting up the entire sky. I also prefer a real wood fireplace to gas so maybe I am just a pyromaniac.
Yes to both of these. I was living in Florida in 2013-2014 so by the time the Frozen Summer Fun (Was that the name?) stuff started, I was so over Frozen. But considering they likely threw those together quickly, they were still great. Better than I could have expected given the soundtrack. I've always been impressed with the fireworks at Studios, whether it was New Years Eve, Fourth of July, Frozen, anything. The Star Wars fireworks show they had last year was so great and my favorite of them all. Even though I enjoyed SWAGS, I do wish they relied less on the projections and make it more of a complete show, one you don't have to be practically on top of the Chinese Theater to enjoy.

TTA94

How are the lasers? Hopefully high intensity like illuminations and not just a weak flickering barely noticeable green laser lol

ToTBellHop

LOL at another WFTV story about the fireworks. And I'm sorry but don't the people who live near Disney sort of know what they got themselves into? I know loud booms aren't fun, especially for pets, and especially that late at night, but they do know where they live, right?
I agree it is a bit ridiculous, but to be fair, this is somewhat rare and it was later than announced.

Biff215

Reminds me of the people who have been suing Alton Towers for decades now due to loud coaster noises and fireworks.
During normal park hours I'd think they're crazy too. After midnight until around 2:00 am? I'd be upset too, especially if it woke my kids up on a school night. Fortunately it's only temporary, but you'd think MK could close at 9 or 10 and get the pyro tests done by midnight.

As cool as it would be to see this, I'm not sure I'd be much happier if I were at one of the MK resorts trying to get my kids (and myself) some rest before the next big day.

HEA is looking great, now get it on the late August calendar Disney or I'll be as upset as the neighbors last night! :mad:

raven

During normal park hours I'd think they're crazy too. After midnight until around 2:00 am? I'd be upset too, especially if it woke my kids up on a school night. Fortunately it's only temporary, but you'd think MK could close at 9 or 10 and get the pyro tests done by midnight.

As cool as it would be to see this, I'm not sure I'd be much happier if I were at one of the MK resorts trying to get my kids (and myself) some rest before the next big day.

HEA is looking great, now get it on the late August calendar Disney or I'll be as upset as the neighbors last night! :mad:
It did wake me up. I got excited because I thought it was thunder (since we are in a drought). But after checking my radar app and seeing that the closest lightning strike was 600 miles away I knew it was Disney.

raven

TTA94

I get that the testing was loud but come on people... First off you know the area you live in, second this is rare thing at that time of night, and third there is no perfect time for them to test. They can not test when, most guests, are around or in the area.

Everyone wants this show to be amazing with a lot of pyro, So the complaining about testing and noise is a bit ridiculous.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom