Votes: 645 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 81 10.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 65 8.2%

• Total voters

ToTBellHop

So far...
Well, yes, it is hard to deliver final judgment based upon a scope video. From what I know about this show, I always felt the tech would be fantastic and the soundtrack is great. I was only ever worried about pyro cuts. That seems to have been unfounded. I think it is a safe bet that the pyro budget is set. Work this late in the game is on timing and perfecting visuals. Can't wait to see the finished product in the park!

jrhwdw

Well, yes, it is hard to deliver final judgment based upon a scope video. From what I know about this show, I always felt the tech would be fantastic and the soundtrack is great. I was only ever worried about pyro cuts. That seems to have been unfounded. I think it is a safe bet that the pyro budget is set. Work this late in the game is on timing and perfecting visuals. Can't wait to see the finished product in the park!
The only reason I said so far is that I'm hoping there won't be any cuts in the testing nights to come. If last night was the final answer, YES! However I didn't seem to see the lasers in that video. Would you see that from Contenp/BLT? Or would that be a in park thing?

hpyhnt 1000

Here is a link to a video of the full test I found on periscope. Certainly not lacking on the pyro front - quite impressed by this first impression

https://www.pscp.tv/w/a9ghYTczMjg4MjZ8MWRSS1pBb1Fxa3J4Qm55YdzCo1rwifU4zmQQbjdTUK-ZIxKjG3whYtHtWGfc

I know it's testing, but honestly even if they only used about 70% of the pyro in that video it would still be a decent fireworks show. Definitely encouraging.

The other thing I've liked from the preview videos is there seems to be an emphasis on tailoring the projections to the architecture of the castle. I've put a few examples in a spoiler tab. I feel in recent years that the various castle projection shows have treated the castle more as a flat surface and have just thrown images onto it rather than creating scenes that "play" with the castle's shape.

This show is shaping up to have a lot of potential. We'll know in about a week!

Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 9.41.02 AM.png

Ursula's tentacles wrapping around the turrets, and using the actual castle balcony as a platform for the animated characters to stand.

Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 9.37.44 AM.png

Shapeshifting designs that highlight the castle's architecture. The Aladdin concept below does the same thing, and makes for a very nice homage to the actual clip from the movie.

Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 9.42.57 AM.png

WDW Monorail

I want to hope they knew they'd have guests with pitchforks and torches if they didn't satisfy the firework quota. The MK especially is known for its fireworks it's expected. Looking forward to seeing this very soon!

What is the firework quota? 30 shells/min, 50 shells/mins, 80 shells/min? Which guest gets to decide how many fireworks are enough fireworks?

Last edited:

rushtest4echo

What is the firework quota? 30 sheels/min, 50 shells/mins, 80 shells/min? Which guest gets to how many fireworks is enough fireworks?

Earlier in this thread I and others attempted to figure that out. Minute by minute, shell by shell. Nobody seemed to care about really looking into it and/or describing what would satisfy them. Some said that they just didn't want a reduction in the number of shells as a trade for other effects, which is fine I guess. I'll make that trade personally. Still, most seemed content to just broadly complain that there would be fewer, that they would be less impressive, and that MK deserved better. Those people hadn't seen a single shell yet, they just jumped on the "everything's always a downgrade at WDW" bandwagon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom