• No

Votes: 81 10.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 65 8.2%

• Total voters

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So do we have any reasons as to why they refuse to upgrade the Halloween/Christmas shows with the new tech? Is it as simple as money?

They could also stand to update the projections for the castle shows for Halloween and "the Holidays" and for the 4th of July and New Years Fireworks (as well as making a good July 4th f.w. show). Those low rez projections now look bad in comparison to HEA.

JustInTime

I don’t think it’s a "more amazing" situation. More a ”different”. Just an observation.

I still don’t forgive them for pulling Hellfire mind.
I haven not seen the show before but will for the first time next month. Was hellfire part of this??? My favorite Disney villain song.

Kman101

I know many prefer fireworks without projections so of course they want those shows to stick around. I understand it. But they're inferior to HEA whether you like HEA or not. But it's subjective and we all like what we like. No right or wrong, but to the average guest, HEA is far more impressive than either holiday fireworks show. Doesn't mean those shows still aren't good, but why do we keep things for decades and defend it with "they're still good!". Well, yeah, but entertainment shouldn't last for decades.

I just re-watched Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage. It's still a nice show. Guests still line up for it. But that doesn't mean it should have still been here 20+ years later.

jrhwdw

I know many prefer fireworks without projections so of course they want those shows to stick around. I understand it. But they're inferior to HEA whether you like HEA or not. But it's subjective and we all like what we like. No right or wrong, but to the average guest, HEA is far more impressive than either holiday fireworks show. Doesn't mean those shows still aren't good, but why do we keep things for decades and defend it with "they're still good!". Well, yeah, but entertainment shouldn't last for decades.

I just re-watched Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage. It's still a nice show. Guests still line up for it. But that doesn't mean it should have still been here 20+ years later.
I love HEA. I also love the use of the Castle Dream Lights Strobes in Holiday Wishes, so I'm a little Leary to MK completely redoing that show. I was also a little disappointed when HEA didn't use the Castle Dream Lights Strobes last holiday season like Wishes did. I'm sure the HEA tech would help the parties, IDK if I'm ready for it for MVMCP though.

I love BATB, that with VOLM and Indy are classic WDW to me. Who doesn't love classic WDW?????

Kman101

I love HEA. I also love the use of the Castle Dream Lights Strobes in Holiday Wishes, so I'm a little Leary to MK completely redoing that show. I was also a little disappointed when HEA didn't use the Castle Dream Lights Strobes last holiday season like Wishes did. I'm sure the HEA tech would help the parties, IDK if I'm ready for it for MVMCP though.

I love BATB, that with VOLM and Indy are classic WDW to me. Who doesn't love classic WDW?????

Shows shouldn't last for decades, no matter how good they are. JMO of course. If guests truly want the same old show from two decades ago, what do I know? At least update them so they look just as good as they once did. They're lame now by many standards. Mermaid is a shell of what it once was. Beauty has been cut and the sets are dated and so are the costumes. All of these things would have been "easy upgrades" to keep the shows fresh. If WDW wants something to stick around for decades, update the tech, update the look of the show. I'd have no issues with Mermaid or Beauty if they had been kept up to standard. Same for Fantasmic!

But I guess I'm in the minority on shows. I understand they're loved. The problem is they've lasted so long that now guests, like you, expect and want them to be there. That's actually a problem with shows. Again, IMO.

I don't look at shows the same way as I look at 'classic' attractions. I hated seeing Aladdin in DCA go, if that stuck around forever I'd not complain, because they'd likely have upgraded it. But I appreciate them trying something new with Frozen.

I just watched a video of Hallowishes from this year last night. It's still nice. I'd like to see it again. But I also want something new.

My only issue with Indy is the director aspect. I'd like a new stunt show but I love the one that's there. So I'm more torn on this one. But I'd also like an actual attraction. No reason they can't have both :)

brb1006

Shows shouldn't last for decades, no matter how good they are. JMO of course. If guests truly want the same old show from two decades ago, what do I know? At least update them so they look just as good as they once did. They're lame now by many standards. Mermaid is a shell of what it once was. Beauty has been cut and the sets are dated and so are the costumes. All of these things would have been "easy upgrades" to keep the shows fresh. If WDW wants something to stick around for decades, update the tech, update the look of the show. I'd have no issues with Mermaid or Beauty if they had been kept up to standard. Same for Fantasmic!

But I guess I'm in the minority on shows. I understand they're loved. The problem is they've lasted so long that now guests, like you, expect and want them to be there. That's actually a problem with shows. Again, IMO.

I don't look at shows the same way as I look at 'classic' attractions. I hated seeing Aladdin in DCA go, if that stuck around forever I'd not complain, because they'd likely have upgraded it. But I appreciate them trying something new with Frozen.

I just watched a video of Hallowishes from this year last night. It's still nice. I'd like to see it again. But I also want something new.

My only issue with Indy is the director aspect. I'd like a new stunt show but I love the one that's there. So I'm more torn on this one. But I'd also like an actual attraction. No reason they can't have both :)
Even the BATB banners near the entrance is showing it's age.
IMG_4102.JPG

Kman101

Even the BATB banners near the entrance is showing it's age.
IMG_4102.JPG

Exactly. If you want the show to be around "forever" than give it the upgrades it deserves.

They're dated. It's time for something new. IMO, the time to update them and keep them, at least Mermaid, has passed. I'm open to them updating Beauty and the Beast and keeping it. I know the show is popular. I still like it! But we have to stop accepting "good enough".

jrhwdw

Exactly. If you want the show to be around "forever" than give it the upgrades it deserves.

They're dated. It's time for something new. IMO, the time to update them and keep them, at least Mermaid, has passed. I'm open to them updating Beauty and the Beast and keeping it. I know the show is popular. I still like it! But we have to stop accepting "good enough".
Maybe it depends on the experience? I think I'm not the only one who thinks no night parade is not good enough. Yet I think most people on here love ROE and is a little concerned what comes next when it comes to the interim show.

Kman101

Maybe it depends on the experience? I think I'm not the only one who thinks no night parade is not good enough. Yet I think most people on here love ROE and is a little concerned what comes next when it comes to the interim show.

I also view nighttime shows differently than a stage show or a ride/attraction. Parades and fireworks can last for decades as long as they refresh them periodically. Fantasmic! at DL is going strong and I have no desire to see that replaced. Why? Because they've updated it!

I've voiced my own concerns with the replacement for ROE. I personally think it needed an update. I'm not a fan of the middle part. The rest is great though. So I'm also nervous about what they'll do. But it's all subjective at the end of the day. I try to look more at the complete experience rather than my own personal likes or dislikes. I think HEA is a vast improvement based on that. But yet many dislike projections and ignore the fact that it's 17 minutes of fireworks if you watch anywhere but on Main Street and in the hub. Wishes was EXCELLENT. But so is HEA. They're just very different shows and experiences. Again, it's all subjective. We like what we like and we don't like certain things. But whether we personally like it or not doesn't make it "bad". If they phoned it in with HEA I'd be calling them out left and right.

And I think they're beyond cheap and lazy to not have already replaced the night parade. But I'm not upset we got a great nighttime show in it's place. But there's no reason we shouldn't get both.

I may despise IP used in Epcot's nighttime show replacement, but it stands the chance of still being an excellent replacement.

Once you "plus" a show with projections, that's what guests expect.

We're a vastly small minority.

jrhwdw

Just a question, why is HEA so early on Labor Day Saturday?????? 8:30?!?!?!?!? 2 years ago we had 2 MSEPs, CTM and Wishes. rolls eyes

FYI, OUAT does play at 9:15 Sat, still kinda early for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom