• Yes

Votes: 645 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 81 10.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 65 8.2%

• Total voters

ChristianG

I thought those huge balls had spotlights inside them though, Didn't see them there a week ago.
They do - they are used to light the castle and/or the trees for HEA and have been there for a long time. The moat lights that are missing are on the opposite side of the moat facing Main Street.

ChristianG

Good news, the outer rooftop lights that were recently missing are now operating again. This stream from earlier tonight shows them at around the 3:09:00 mark! Moat lights still not in operation.

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
I finally got to see the show in person last night.

The music still feels a bit flat to me... but technically this show is loaded. It really feels like the iteration you felt the show should have gotten after the successes of Remember... and the earlier projection shows. Just took a long time to get here...

The projection elements are for the most part very well done and don't feel "just because we can..." (like some of the second and third projection shows felt like). The laser add-on effects are the perfect highlights in many of the scenes (The star, the lightning, the gold scrolls, etc).

The laser effects both away and onto the castle are grreeeat. It's kind of nutty it's taken 20+ years to get a good successor to Disney's laser effects from the 80s.. but it finally feels like it's here.

The non-pyro effects like the searchlights, smoke/fog effects, and lighting in the trees for the low effects are all very well integrated. The smoke/fog effects are especially impressive given their immense volume in a very short amount of time.

I loved the shells that went into a ball shape and then the colors cycled as they burned. Lots of various complex shell shapes. I do kind of miss the impressive high altitude build up finale... but the fireworks still feel impressive and good even if they feel kind of 2nd place to the castle and effect integrations now. But nothing nearly as bad as the DHS SW show, etc. Still worthy as a fireworks show upon itself.

The genie segment still gave me a chill... and the villians segment (especially the firey room projections on the castle and lightning strikes) is probably a close second for my favorites. I do like the stained glass projections in the final song too.

I don't think the videos tend to do this show justice... especially the lasers. Certainly a worthy successor... Does it top wishes? I certainly think you can make the argument. If the first two songs sounded more classical and less pop-y... I'd probably be all in. While it lacks in the in-the-round that Remember... has... I think I probably like this show better technically.

I'm not really to say "clear runaway winner" - but I think you can defend it as one of their best.

Can't wait to see it again later this week.

CodySewell

I found a video (with sound) of HEA with the perimeter fireworks from that private event MK had on May 9th(??).
Thought it was very interesting and cool, although the video is just the finale with tinkerbell.

Oh my goodness my video! That night was amazing because there were two showings. A majority of the perimeter effects took place during the finale, but there were some scattered throughout the show. I did not record the full show because I kept checking the tv volume so that I wasn’t blowing up the speakers. Currently fangirling that my video ended up here though!

Last edited:

gerarar

Premium Member
Oh my goodness my video! That night was amazing because there were two showings. A majority of the perimeter effects took place during the finale, but there were some scattered throughout the show. I did not record the full show because I kept checking the tv volume so that I wasn’t blowing up the speakers. Currently fangirling that my video ended up here though!
I kept checking Twitter and YT daily for any video (w/ sound) of the perimeter fireworks, and at last someone finally uploaded and captured the moment. It seemed so magical! I wonder if this was the original HEA show that was suppose to debut about a year ago.
But pretty cool video regardless! It would be neat to see some of the other perimeter uses as you said, if you captured any of them. ;)

CodySewell

I kept checking Twitter and YT daily for any video (w/ sound) of the perimeter fireworks, and at last someone finally uploaded and captured the moment. It seemed so magical! I wonder if this was the original HEA show that was suppose to debut about a year ago.
But pretty cool video regardless! It would be neat to see some of the other perimeter uses as you said, if you captured any of them. ;)
I took a photo of about midway through the show. I kept looking around too, but then I decided to just take the risk and hope someone sees proof that it happened. My dad and I kept watching the road get closed and cars making u-turns and it was a really interesting process. When you have a theme park view, you learn quite a bit. I have a finale video of the first show without perimeter fireworks as a comparison, but it was legit. The preshow music started and I was in shock that I was going to witness history. Very grateful to have been there and glad to share it!
030DDCA9-4BF4-44A3-93DA-7DFEB6F3B9DB.jpeg

Last edited:

MTBaymax

So, Freeform’s “Disney Fairy Tale Weddings” premiered as a series last week. One of the highlights was a private showing of HEA with newlyweds Chelsea and Spencer (and their families) - I think it was the aferhours performance we had to close for (not the perimeter version)

I’m conflicted.
1) Whomever edited this had obviously NO clue about the fact that we had the actual soundtrack making the rounds (as opposed to that fan-cobbled version we had to deal with for the first 7 months).
2) Searchlight choreography we never saw? (Must’ve been from test run #1)

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
So I asked the wife and kids about the show afterwards.

Wife says it’s her favorite all time. Kids were impressed (HSchool+ ages).

For me, the only weak parts are the first two songs... and the randomness during the brave segment with cars/nemo. If the opening song and wish upon a Star were cleaned up... I’d call it. 10. Right now I’ll call it a 9.4

And I’d tell someone to goto the MK just to see this. So glad the MK once again has a global showpiece show!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Because they’re not watching any show? They’re being shot (and lit) for cuttaways, probably before or after the show.

Also, they were obviously posed so the camera can catch all their faces.

"You stand here. You stand here. Turn your body to the right. Look in that direction."

Once you do that to people, and they know they are on camera, they are terrified of moving.

Monorail_Red_77

Because they’re not watching any show? They’re being shot (and lit) for cuttaways, probably before or after the show.
LOL Disney Magic

Reminds me of a poster I have from several years back out of the Mickey Monitor. It was of all the characters in front of Cinderella Castle and showed all the way up to the start of Mainstreet by Casey's only problem was the the actual road, etc. was overlayed with Photoshop brick pavers. For me it was an annoying poster. I'm sure others didn't notice anything wrong though. I could go on and on but I'lll stop here. LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom