• Yes

Votes: 645 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 81 10.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 65 8.2%

• Total voters

Kman101

A WOC type show for Universal makes the most sense for them. It should at the very least be unique-ish, I assume, compared to WDW's offerings. So that's good. I didn't care for the last offering so anything should be an improvement. I know they can't do any wrong but eh .... their day parade is also kind of pathetic at the moment.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
A WOC type show for Universal makes the most sense for them. It should at the very least be unique-ish, I assume, compared to WDW's offerings. So that's good. I didn't care for the last offering so anything should be an improvement. I know they can't do any wrong but eh .... their day parade is also kind of pathetic at the moment.

I'm a little surprised (ok not really but) that Disney hasn't redone Fantasmic at DHS to be more like WOC with some live stage or boat characters, etc. as well.

Kman101

I'm a little surprised (ok not really but) that Disney hasn't redone Fantasmic at DHS to be more like WOC with some live stage or boat characters, etc. as well.

Lots of opportunities with Fantasmic at DHS but sadly they hate to spend money on these things. I wish they had the mentality that everything needs to be the best, or better, at WDW, but sadly, the minimum is just fine and because guests don't speak up about 20 year old offerings, they keep getting away with it ...

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Lots of opportunities with Fantasmic at DHS but sadly they hate to spend money on these things. I wish they had the mentality that everything needs to be the best, or better, at WDW, but sadly, the minimum is just fine and because guests don't speak up about 20 year old offerings, they keep getting away with it ...

that... and the fact that DHS has been suffering so bad they can't afford to close anything else just yet

Kman101

that... and the fact that DHS has been suffering so bad they can't afford to close anything else just yet

lol I know, heaven forbid anything closes. For over a decade or two now they've needed more. Three parks suffer from "omg we can't close anything!" lol (edit: actually, all four suffer from it). Meanwhile, Tokyo and Anaheim close multiple things and not an eye is batted. Four parks should have a heck of a lot more to do. But we've all beaten that horse to death.

Last edited:

TTA94

Maybe if this new USO show becomes a big hit that will set a fire under WDW to do something similar at DHS, or update Fantasmic.
Perhaps one of the reasons USO is building this new show is due to the new version of Illuminations coming to Epcot.

Stripes

Anything you can share with us? ;) How close will this be to looking like WoC?
Based on permits and such, it looks like it'll essentially be a mini-WoC. Following the same colored fountain/projection experience. However, it looks like it'll be much, much smaller than WoC. Around 100 fountains, compared to 1200. The fountain looks very similar to the demo video of "Water theatre" on Aquatique International's website (not the large one). They're the company building the fountains. There's been some speculation of drones being used but I haven't seen any permits Universal has filed with the FAA, so not so sure about that.

jrhwdw

Maybe if this new USO show becomes a big hit that will set a fire under WDW to do something similar at DHS, or update Fantasmic.
Perhaps one of the reasons USO is building this new show is due to the new version of Illuminations coming to Epcot.
Too bad UO won't go for a night parade like USJ has done the past few years. Their new christmas parade turned out well. I would hope MK would take notice if Universal got a night parade.

TTA94

Too bad UO won't go for a night parade like USJ has done the past few years. Their new christmas parade turned out well. I would hope MK would take notice if Universal got a night parade.

USO could do their own version of Paint The Night lol. Why not, WDW doesn’t seem to be interested or care that DL has a very awesome and popular nighttime parade.

Last edited:

EricsBiscuit

None of USO's nighttime shows are good except their Christmas Parade. The projection shows at IoA are in such a bad, shoehorned location that it's to much of a PITA to see it. Only redeeming part is the projection quality.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom