Votes: 645 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 81 10.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 65 8.2%

• Total voters

jrhwdw

Each to their own and all that :)
Well, when you compare it to TDL's........

OUAT uses the roof lights..those came first. I think TDL only has roof lights for their shows, I dont think any more lights, only fountains are coming for Celebrate TDL, someone can correct me.

Fantasy NYE used both sets, we'll see if they get used on party nights this year....

Squishy

Well, when you compare it to TDL's........

OUAT uses the roof lights..those came first. I think TDL only has roof lights for their shows, I dont think any more lights, only fountains are coming for Celebrate TDL, someone can correct me.

Fantasy NYE used both sets, we'll see if they get used on party nights this year....
When OUAT first debuted during wishes they had and used the moat lights but not sure what they're using now.

JediMasterMatt

Re: the searchlights - since they are LED based in order to do the RGB colors, they aren't very bright so they need a bit atmosphere to be visible. Perhaps it was windy and clear when they weren't "on" as on clear nights they can be hard to spot (pun intended) unless some of the shell smoke gives them something to bite into.

On a clear windy day in January, they were almost invisible with the naked eye unless they passed through the smoke; but, they were on as picked up in my long exposures.

Fortunately, Florida's haze usually makes this not an issue.

ChristianG

Re: the searchlights - since they are LED based in order to do the RGB colors, they aren't very bright so they need a bit atmosphere to be visible. Perhaps it was windy and clear when they weren't "on" as on clear nights they can be hard to spot (pun intended) unless some of the shell smoke gives them something to bite into.

On a clear windy day in January, they were almost invisible with the naked eye unless they passed through the smoke; but, they were on as picked up in my long exposures.

Fortunately, Florida's haze usually makes this not an issue.
I get what you’re saying but what I'm saying is that the actual spotlights have been removed from their spots along the moat, most likely for TLC. I didn’t take a picture last week but this pic I took back in August shows what I’m talking about. Imagine this without the lights, just the foundations:

E9D9181B-924E-42EE-B964-4AEB3BDB551E.jpeg

These were removed but the rooftop ones are still very much being used.

mm52200

That's wonderful!

Anyone know if the lagoon lights are back? Also, is MRFF's pyro going back to the Fantasyland buildings soon?
MRFF pyro is staying permanently on the castle...don’t get your hopes up about the lagoon lights coming back...

ag3_tre

MRFF pyro is staying permanently on the castle...don’t get your hopes up about the lagoon lights coming back...

Aw, how come they’re not coming back?

In some recent YouTube videos, the two outer sets of spotlight arrays on the Fantasyland buildings have been off too...I guess spotlight reduction is better than pyro reduction? 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔

jrhwdw

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the pyro move because they were doing work on the buildings? I could be wrong but I think HEA is missing a launch point or two from the buildings since MRFF's pyro moved to the castle?

mm52200

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the pyro move because they were doing work on the buildings? I could be wrong but I think HEA is missing a launch point or two from the buildings since MRFF's pyro moved to the castle?
Not certain on HEA, you’re correct MRFF did originally move cause of work but they’re making the move permanent.

MTBaymax

Aw, how come they’re not coming back?

In some recent YouTube videos, the two outer sets of spotlight arrays on the Fantasyland buildings have been off too...I guess spotlight reduction is better than pyro reduction? 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔

Less horticulture work...less mechanical work on the lights...pick your poison. Either way, cheapening a show like this is just not right.

jrhwdw

Less horticulture work...less mechanical work on the lights...pick your poison. Either way, cheapening a show like this is just not right.
HEA is still stunning! IDK if this kind of cheapening hurts HEA. At least it's not the DHS cheap budget where there's no high pyro in DHS some nights.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom