Votes: 645 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 81 10.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 65 8.2%

• Total voters

flynnibus

Premium Member
I dont have an issue with the intent of the message but the wording needs work. It should just remind guests that the park is still open and encourage them to enjoy other offerings. Honestly I could see this version having the opposite effect on some guests as now they will be aware of potential transportation issues. This may cause them to decide to head out quickly and join the masses to start the process when they otherwise may have stayed a bit longer.

Exactly... this is fundamental messaging stuff. Positive reenforcement vs negative, etc.

If you just tell everyone to expect delays... now everyone will try to RuSH out to beat the crowd... which isn't really possible, but you've just teased everyone to try.

The right message would be to encourage staying by reminding people how much longer the park is open... things to know... or at close times remind people that the shops are open till x time etc. basically... create the interest to stay by reminding people of something that may interest them. Not through fear.

jrhwdw

The park is kept open after the end of the show.
Rarely did HEA close the park. Yes there was some nights mid week where OUAT went before HEA but usually OUAT would close the park. I guess MK wants an empty hub this week after HEA since OUAT isn't till 11:30 this week? Is HEA's dump worse than FOF's? Or is there an announcement after FOF now too? The last big parade dump I was there for was back in 2011, CADCT ran in between storms. I think we stood only two min at the Train Station after CADCT ended and we still got on the Resort Monorail easily!

As for the announcement, I first heard it on Wed, via Streaming The Magic, It didn't stuck me as weird then. They didn't mention OUAT in the Announcement. They might help but when OUAT is right after HEA(or before) I don't think the hub moves anyway. Main street may empty between the two if HEA's first.

RSoxNo1

It would be physically impossible to have enough transportation to get the amount of guests that leave after the fireworks out within a timeframe that would be considered quick by most guests' standards. The roads simply cannot handle that many buses and the monorails cannot operate that quickly. To have an announcement that reminds the guest of this fact and encourages them to stay a bit longer is a big win, in my opinion. That way those who insist on leaving will leave and have a shorter wait and people will trickle out as the night goes on. It's a win for everyone involved.

But whatever, people will always find something to complain about.
You apparently underestimate the awesome power of X-S Teleportation.

Last edited:

IanDLBZF

Heard over on the DIS that a number of times the hub and Main Street USA have reached capacity and as such announcements were made telling folks to stay where they are. Also, I heard on a FB Group that on Wednesday, MK reached a Phase I close that evening and stopped letting people into the park.

Jones14

I don’t take issue with this. It’s always been a nightmare getting out of MK after the fireworks, and no amount of buses, monorails, and ferries is ever going to completely solve that problem.

They should absolutely be working on fixing it as much as possible, but there’s nothing wrong with being proactive and trying to get guests to simultaneously have a more enjoyable experience and thin out the exit crowds on their own.

MTBaymax

Heard over on the DIS that a number of times the hub and Main Street USA have reached capacity and as such announcements were made telling folks to stay where they are. Also, I heard on a FB Group that on Wednesday, MK reached a Phase I close that evening and stopped letting people into the park.

It should be noted they started the viewing announcements at the same time they started the transportation delay announcements.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
As a former watercraft pilot, I think the announcement is great. They have made improvements in the exit process. The ferryboats got a second slip that allows them to come and go much more efficiently. The biggest issue from the watercraft side is the water pageant coming back into 7 seas lagoon right during the exit. That holds everything up, but it's never going to change.

Remember there is also a bottleneck at the TTC in terms of the tram capacity. Not a lot can be done - it's a process. The more people can be spread out, the better.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
My worst exit experience ever at MK occurred because of the EWP. It was two summers ago and I knew there was a pretty decent storm heading toward the park, they even started Wishes ten minutes early to avoid the impending mess. I left with plenty of time to spare to make it back to my car to avoid the rain. Well right as I board the ferry, here come the pageant, blocking us in for a good five minutes. I'm having a meltdown because the wind had picked up and the lightning closer. Finally we got going but not quickly enough as by the time we got half way across the lagoon, the castle disappeared behind a sheet of rain. Needless to say I got soaked lol
yes EWP - creating exit horror stories since 1971!

MTBaymax

As for the announcement, I first heard it on Wed, via Streaming The Magic, It didn't stuck me as weird then. They didn't mention OUAT in the Announcement. They might help but when OUAT is right after HEA(or before) I don't think the hub moves anyway. Main street may empty between the two if HEA's first.

Well, now they have.

“...until the park closes, including a presentation of Once Upon a Time on Cinderella Castle.”

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
The EWP schedule stays the same throughout the year, if I'm not mistaken. Is there any reason they don't adjust the EWP schedule based upon MK fireworks and park closing times?
There are other entertainment offerings that utilize EWP. Specifically, the recreation boats tour/viewing of the fireworks and the Pirates N Pals experience.

The thing is in reality, if the coordinators and cast members are paying attention and planning accordingly, EWP can be worked around. The ferry cycles can be adjusted(a longer hold or a faster send off) 20 min ahead of the EWP coming through so that ideally you have a switch of the boats followed by EWP crossing the channel. In that scenario there is basically no effect on the Ferry operation even if it's after fireworks. The consistency in time allows this to happen if people are prepared for it.

jrhwdw

So, were we going to have a male voice for the 10min, 5min and Exit but we got the female voice instead? I think the female voice is better, I wonder how the male voice got on this vid?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom