• Yes

Votes: 645 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 81 10.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 65 8.2%

• Total voters

bclane

MK had extra magic hours until 2:00 am over the weekend. We were at DHS Saturday night and thought about going to MK after the DHS fireworks (to take advantage of those hours) but unfortunately we had to get home.

TTA94

Look at those park hours... :( Remember when MK used to be open from 8am-midnight between Christmas and New Year's?

Might not see those park hours again until MK gets a nighttime parade. Sure wish we didn’t have to wait 4 more years for that to happen.
As for the battle of Wishes and HEA I think some fans are very salty that HEA not only replaced Wishes but MKs nighttime parade as well, resulting in a big change/feel of the “MK nighttime experience” that many fans were used to.

jaxonp

MK needs the hours but it also needs more E tickets. Tron and this Theater can't come soon enough, but more is needed. Disneyland may well surpass MK attendance once SWGE opens.

jrhwdw

Might not see those park hours again until MK gets a nighttime parade. Sure wish we didn’t have to wait 4 more years for that to happen.
As for the battle of Wishes and HEA I think some fans are very salty that HEA not only replaced Wishes but MKs nighttime parade as well, resulting in a big change/feel of the “MK nighttime experience” that many fans were used to.
I don't think HEA replaced the Night Parade.(DL wanted it back in Aug 2016, and someone correct me please but I don't think HEA was even slated for a 2017 debut then) I think MK had to do something since they had no plan. All we got before 2016 ended was OUAT from TDL (Just the program, Not the quality)

IMO MK should have had a night parade plan by the time OUAT started! Maybe not running, but def one on the way! It's beyond crazy that we have to wait 4 MORE YEARS for a Night parade! Heads should roll and Budgets should be approved ASAP! Budgets not just for the Night Parade, Upgrade Let The Magic Begin a bit to include the Trolley Dancers, give MRFF it's full pyro and schedule back, and bring back the second Frozen Holiday Wish and add MRFF so the lights can go off between the Frozen's.(on non party days.)
On quick imporvement MK could do easly(I think) is to add times and more low pyro to OUAT, Seasonal tags won't hurt either, MVMCP used to have MM&Y & CTM. MS USA looks a little sad in the hours before HEA.

All that said, MK deserves HIGH PRAISE for HEA!!!! That was their best Pyro idea in their history!(And turned out better than we all thought!) Only thing I miss is Wishes' Castle Dream Lights finale.

As for Xmas hours, looking back on some sites, MK did do 8-12 last year without MSEP, Might be too early to call the hours and the pyro yet.

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
They’ve had projectors for years... the first year of synchro lights at Disneyland had the Christmas show programmed with them... and projections.. as did the rest of the shows.

There’s no excuse for laziness from the worlds busiest theme park.

"Their TOURISTS whhadda they know, the'll take whatever we feed em and LIKE IT" is the explanation

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I would like to think HEA just replaced Wishes an MK/TDO has enough money to do both, and MK's jus being lazy! If they don't have the money, maybe it's time to cut ties with ESPN and ABC, Let those two float on their own!

As @marni1971 has said in multiple threads, don't expect a new nighttime parade for MK until closer to the 50th, and @peter11435 summed up nicely why.

Unfortunately, MK not having a nighttime parade for a few years, which results in lower operating costs, may result in bonuses being paid out to management. Remember, "cost containment" is the name of the game these days within TWDC, and TDO, in particular. I don't know about ABC, but the word is ESPN is still quite profitable for Disney (not that P&R doesn't generate a very healthy quarterly profit for the company...).

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I would like to think HEA just replaced Wishes an MK/TDO has enough money to do both, and MK's jus being lazy! If they don't have the money, maybe it's time to cut ties with ESPN and ABC, Let those two float on their own!
Budgets for parade and fireworks were pooled into HEA.

Originally this year would have seen a modest Wishes refresh and the DEP.

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
What road is that? I'm fairly new here....

It's a bit of a... sore subject. There was a 200+ page thread about PTN going to WDW, where every trusted/respected insider who posts here said it wasn't happening, but one poster insisted that he had "inside information" that it was. His sources? He talked to a DL tram driver. He read about it on Twitter. He even talked to... an on-stage "parade manager" at DL while he was removing masking tape from the street. All of those "sources" swore that PTN was moving to WDW. Even when someone here was able to see inside the warehouse in California where the parade floats were being stored after being refurbed, this one person insisted that he knew the parade floats were being boxed up and shipped to the swamps. Insider reports were posted on MiceChat that PTN would be debuting at DCA. Nope, PTN was coming to WDW. This person even got banned from this site (at least once) but came back with new name, posting the same drivel. He hasn't been heard from now in months.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom