• Yes

Votes: 645 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 81 10.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 65 8.2%

• Total voters

rreading

So looking forward to seeing this in person next week! It looks amazing!

That being said, this is really a 2.0 product compared with Wishes. The degree of technical improvement in this show compared to its predecessor is almost the same as comparing Wishes to a fireworks show before music was synchronized. The fact that Wishes held on as long as it did speaks to the manner in which it spoke to so many people - and I feel like Wishes was a cleaner product - a little less busy and, as such, more charming. I'm not sure this one will have the same staying power, but as one or more of our insiders has mentioned, it may be replaced at the 50th either way.

This new show throws a little something in for everyone, and is so well done. It's a remarkable spectacle on video; I expect it'll be even better in person!

Cosmic Commando

Love this video from TTC, really allows one to appreciate the pyro package.

That really might be my favorite view of HEA. On the Parks Blog video, my only complaint was I thought the finale felt lightweight... not the case here! Those spotlights almost look unreal! I think it's neat how there's really different facets to the show, depending on where you watch from. Watching from the TTC or the resorts, you'll really get the whole view of the spotlights and the fireworks. I can't believe there were some fireworks that were so high, they were almost completely out of the frame on this video! I couldn't find a perfect match, but it seems like Wishes didn't have anything quite that high. I'm definitely going to try and catch it once from a resort somewhere.

jiminy.cricket

My mind has absolutely been blown. This is epic! Does anyone feel that Happily Ever After is a bookend to Once Upon A Time in Tokyo? The themes of both emphasize writing your story, and I heard that Once Upon A Time was originally being considered for the Magic Kingdom. I haven't been this excited in years and I found myself almost screaming watching the videos!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
That's what seems odd. Hunchback? Hercules? That stuff is 20 years old and not particularly classic. Surprised it's not Atlantis and Treasure Island too. Seems like they're trying to appeal to a certain age group, one that probably currently is just having toddlers of their own.

I hope there's some actual classic Disney in there. And there better not be any Kim Possible or Phineas & Ferb.

As far as visuals go, all eras are represented: The classical princesses, Peter Pan and Tink, Alice, Dwarfs, etc...

As far as music goes, it's Renaissance and Modern.

If you want classical, then there's the other non-Fireworks projections show: Once Upon a Time.

Check out the script: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/deconstructing-happily-ever-after.927091/

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
In some videos of HEA where people are standing between caseys corner and the plaza ice cream the audio is kinda low. Is this the camera or is it a broken speaker?
I can assure you the soundtrack has perfectly balanced levels when listened to in isolation.

Now, about that new light parade. Let's not forget (though some would want us to) the MK still has a huge entertainment gap. As it stands this is the only nighttime entertainment proposed for the next four years.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I can assure you the soundtrack has perfectly balanced levels when listened to in isolation.

Now, about that new light parade. Let's not forget (though some would want us to) the MK still has a huge entertainment gap. As it stands this is the only nighttime entertainment proposed for the next four years.

Does this mean OUAT is going away?

Axle1986

Has "Once Upon a time" received any changes since Happily Ever After debuted?
The Tokyo original used lasers which have just been implemented for HAE and it looks like they've upgraded the search lights which could put it on par with the lighting used in Tokyo also....

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Whats your thoughts on HEA?
Sorry I missed this.

For what it's worth I think it's a very good show. Great use of tech and it does show how far things have moved on since 2003. The story needs to be conveyed a little better (for those interested) and the park is still missing a night time parade but this new show is one hell of an extravaganza. I look forward to seeing it in person (finally) later this year.

Bacon

Sorry I missed this.

For what it's worth I think it's a very good show. Great use of tech and it does show how far things have moved on since 2003. The story needs to be conveyed a little better (for those interested) and the park is still missing a night time parade but this new show is one hell of an extravaganza. I look forward to seeing it in person (finally) later this year.
Well good to hear you enjoyed it, I have the exact same thoughts!

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Sorry I missed this.

I hope this show wasn't an excuse to skip out on a nighttime parade, I'd rather them keep wishes and get a light parade if that's the case.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Well if it's all millennial Disney channel stuff then maybe I won't bother going to see it then. I was going to this week, but now I don't know. I feel like I'll walk away disappointed, and I don't want to do that at MK.

I don't think you can with this show. Dislike of some elements does not mean hating the show. Just some people seem to be about extremes...

PrincessNelly_NJ

For those who haven't watched it streamed or in person, please don't worry you won't like it based on the opinions of others...
It seems the majority of those that have seen it in person overwhelmingly love the show, while those of us that have seen it online are being very critical of it.
I think the biggest take away is that somethings are better in person. I wasn't a fan of Frozen Ever After based on videos and pictures, however after experiencing it in person, I fell in love with its charm.

I adored Wishes but I find HEA beautiful and can't wait to see it in person.

zoso

This might be a redundant question (and one already answered), but I was wondering why Disney doesn't use the Mickey shape firework? I think I remember seeing ads in the 90s of it and I always thought it looked cool.

Is it hard to nail like the heart shaped firework and the sad/happy face firework? Please excuse my ignorance lol

d4262639968761f4af6d9bc9966dcf6d_disney-mickey-mouse-world-fireworks-mickey-head-clipart_500-341.jpeg

jrhwdw

I hope this show wasn't an excuse to skip out on a nighttime parade, I'd rather them keep wishes and get a light parade if that's the case.
I know before HEA was announced, Martin said MK was going to do 1 of 2 fireworks ideas. Either they wouldn't need help from a night parade and the show could stand on its own, or they would need help. Martin, do you know which one HEA is? HEA is perfection! Even if I hated the soundtrack(which I don't!)This is FAR BETTER than what Bell, BAM! turned out to be! I still want them to correct the light parade issue, even with HEA as good as it is!

ToTBellHop

I know before HEA was announced, Martin said MK was going to do 1 of 2 fireworks ideas. Either they wouldn't need help from a night parade and the show could stand on its own, or they would need help. Martin, do you know which one HEA is? HEA is perfection! Even if I hated the soundtrack(which I don't!)This is FAR BETTER than what Bell, BAM! turned out to be! I still want them to correct the light parade issue, even with HEA as good as it is!
HEA is intended to run alone.

I have no qualms over sharing two pieces of information:

1) They decided they don't WANT to run a new nighttime parade for now. HEA didn't force that. They don't want to run a parade.
2) As such, HEA received considerable investment and its strong pyro budget.

The upside of all this is they still plan on a novel nighttime parade in 2021 but our nighttime spectacular infrastructure went from being the weakest to arguably the strongest among Disney Parks. We keep all that tech, which should allow for truly dazzling 50th entertainment. While I dismiss offhand the idea that the company cannot afford these fireworks and a parade in their most-visited park, our infrastructure upgrades in the hub area in recent years are phenomenal and a serious investment in the future of the park (if only the lighting was retractable!). While we may question some artistic direction, we are now seeing the effects of a renaissance for WDW.

Again, I don't agree with the idea that there were only two choices (rush a nighttime parade and give us a "pretty-good" nighttime spectacular or give us arguably the greatest firework and special effects spectacular the company has ever produced), I'd rather they invest 100% in one concept (as they've done with HEA) and focus on the parade later. Of the two options, that gives us the best products overall.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom