Wishes DFTW March 2012!

MLIDisney10

Original Poster
So I have been creeping around here for months reading other DFTW planning reports and getting ideas! I just joined the boards and decided that it was my time to create one of these and look to fellow DFTW brides-to-be and those who are knowledgeable in DFTW to help out!

Quick Background
I was a CP (from Ohio) at KSR in Jan 2010, met my now DF (from Alabama) a CP in DHS Parking (same time), got engaged Jan 4, 2011 (about 20ft away from him asking me out of course MK, by partners) called DFTW 2 days later for an appointment, and now about 350 days out from DFTW day!!! March 16, 2012 (we just submitted the contract on Monday!)

Wedding Basics
So we decided almost immediately that it had to be a Wishes wedding. I was looking at 2013 and my DF wanted sooner. He is just so darn impatient ;) Our bridal party is 3BM and 3GM 1MoH and 1BM a FG and RB. Oh and us of course. We booked a 10a on Fri at WP with Cocktail hour and reception at GF from 11-3. My friend from my CP is our photographer, saving us about $1,000. My family friend is doing some silk bouquets so that's saving $500. I will take savings wherever I can! We are expecting about 80 guests (I was shocked that many family and friends said they wanted to come!) and yes, for a 10a wedding we are having an open bar from 12:30p-2:30p. It's 5 o'clock somewhere right?

Honeymoon
We are staying at DAKL for a few days after the wedding as sort of a mini getaway, since we will live 15min from MK. The plan is for a Disney Cruise, but it all depends on work.

I like to type so this should be fun! I am very open to suggestions and questions about the DFTW experience! I hope to post pictures along the way with decisions that get made :) The only ones I won't post will be dress shopping day. Just because I know that my DF reads these boards sometimes and I don't want him to catch an early look!

Thanks for reading/following and I think this will be a fun year!

-K

Slugger

Why yes I do read these boards.. I just happened to stumble upon this thread and it sounded very familiar to what we planned and sure enough its my DF posting stuff :p

Any ideas are definitely welcomed and we are looking forward to our big date!!

-Robby

sweetpee_1993

Hey there! Welcome to the boards!!! :wave:

Fantastic to have a Wishes bride & groom here to share! Our little wedding/VR/proposal board is really taking off this year! Yay!

Y'all sound just adorable! Do either of you still work in the parks? I'm sure more than one of us would love to come say hello to ya if we could.

The wedding sounds wonderful. Open bar??? How do I earn my "best buddy" ears to weazel my way in on that??? :lol:

So where is your ceremony going to be? Any reception plans? Dessert party? I'm beginning to sound like a scary-stalker-chick, huh? :cool:

Again, fab to have you here and looooove reading these planning threads!

Oh! And huuuuuge congrats to you both!
:sohappy::sohappy:

Slugger

Fantastic to have a Wishes bride & groom here to share! Our little wedding/VR/proposal board is really taking off this year! Yay!

Y'all sound just adorable! Do either of you still work in the parks? I'm sure more than one of us would love to come say hello to ya if we could.

The wedding sounds wonderful. Open bar??? How do I earn my "best buddy" ears to weazel my way in on that??? :lol:

So where is your ceremony going to be? Any reception plans? Dessert party? I'm beginning to sound like a scary-stalker-chick, huh? :cool:

Hey Sweetpea! Thanks you for the comment!

We both still work for Disney, but we are currently seasonal. Right now she is back home in Ohio finishing up her last semester in college and I am currently in Alabama trying to finish up college as well.

We are actually moving back down to Orlando in May. I am flying up to Ohio in May so I can see her graduate. Then we are driving down to Orlando with all of out stuff and moving for good. We have already been approved for an apartment and we are just waiting to sign the lease.

Currently we have both been accepted to do our second CP and we both have been accepted for attractions. We have both applied for PIs, but we are currently waiting to hear back about those.

The ceremony will be held at the Wedding Pavilion and our reception/cocktail hour will be held at the Grand Floridian. As for the open bar, we told a bunch of our family members about that and they said they would be there. Everyone is definitely excited about it lol.

We are both very excited to finally get our wedding planner and to start planning our wedding! If there is anything else you would like to know please let us know!

-Robby

MLIDisney10

Original Poster
Why yes I do read these boards.. I just happened to stumble upon this thread and it sounded very familiar to what we planned and sure enough its my DF posting stuff :p

Any ideas are definitely welcomed and we are looking forward to our big date!!

-Robby

Well, well.... I am shocked it took my DF 12 hours to figure this out! :ROFLOL:

I know he will post more updates than I will, but I will give a POV too :)

Thanks for the welcome! I am really excited to keep posting stuff about the wedding! YES open bar :) I wish I could tell you you could get those "best buddy" ears but EVERYONE we know is trying to jump on the DFTW bandwagon just as an excuse to come to WDW and our budget seems to keep growing right now! Which isn't so good... As DF said we are Wedding Pavilion with reception at Grand Floridian. I really considered a dessert party for just the wedding party as a thank you, but with budget it will be a last minute thing. Right now we are trying to just get a large group to go to EPCOT around 5 for a QSR dinner in Mexico or something and then Illuminations or monorail over to MK for Wishes. I have to keep reminding myself to slow down on DFTW plans and still focus on my last semester of school (6 weeks left!) but its sooo hard with the folder around and just signing the contract :lol:

No worries on stalkerish :) I feel like I was for the longest time because I was reading and commenting to DF or myself and not joining and posting!

I hope you give some input to! Knowledge about something and ideas are always helpful!

Thanks!
-K

MLIDisney10

Original Poster
Wooo!!! Congrats from a fellow 2012 Wishes bride! (January 6th here!!! :))

Yay!!! Congrats to you too! How far along are you on your planning?

Congrats and love the plans so far!

Thanks! I hope to hear soon from the Wedding Planner so I can add more! Also I see you are a DFTW for 5/11! Exciting and Congrats! When is your day? I move on May 19th and wouldn't mind sneaking a peek :lol:

MLIDisney10

Original Poster
So I have decided that I am just going to post some updates even when it doesn't necessarily involve the DFTW, because all aspects of the Wedding are important!

Brief background- My mom is wanting me to have a reception at home in Ohio sometime after the wedding. I decided on May, and now I have to pick that venue, food, etc! Aaahhh I feel like I am planning TWO weddings now!

To continue: The Jo-Ann fabrics in my town is going out of business, and they stared sales at the beginning of March. It has become my weakness that whenever I am near that store to stop and go look around. :lol: Let's just say that in like 2 or 3 trips I have spent over $160 in there! Luckily it has been mainly productive shopping!!! So far the favor bags have been bought (minus candy) and a box that I will hand paint and attach DF's last name to that will hold the favors (at both DFTW and reception here). Mom liked that I bought my veil there for $5 (and that I am using my sisters head piece) whether I use it or not (still have to decide on this one). Today I got picture frames for the bridesmaids and MoH. I bought tons or ribbon for different things. I figured that at 50 cents to $1.25 a spool it was worth it to stock up!

Let me just say that when I call DF and tell him that I was at Jo-Ann's his only comments are "How much did you spend?!" and "What am I going to do with you?!":ROFLOL:

Oh, I hope I am not alone, but I still keep picking up these bridal magazines almost every trip I make to a grocery store! Its a bad habit!

I promise that as things begin to come together after may that pictures will be posted!

Let me know if you have any suggestions for favors etc! I have the tulle circles to use :)

-K

Slugger

Hey everyone!

Well we got an email this morning saying our contract has been finalized and that we should be hearing from our wedding planner in about a week! We are both excited to finally start planning this wedding!

-Robby

mickeysshoes

Congrats to both of you!! Its really cool to read posts from both of you!!!! Good luck and looking forward to keeping up with this thread!!!!

enchanted_belle

Oh, I hope I am not alone, but I still keep picking up these bridal magazines almost every trip I make to a grocery store! Its a bad habit!

Don't worry, you're not alone! I'm not even in a relationship and I do that ALL the time (not to mention how teary-eyed I get reading all the posts on here!).

Congrats on everything, and I am going to try to keep my green DFTW monster at bay for as long as I can! :animwink:

KJ1081

Thanks! I hope to hear soon from the Wedding Planner so I can add more! Also I see you are a DFTW for 5/11! Exciting and Congrats! When is your day? I move on May 19th and wouldn't mind sneaking a peek :lol:

Congrats on the contract! I think the contract is the most exciting part- everything is booked so it really starts to seem 'real'. We just got our BEO yesterday- not nearly as exciting because that means it's time to pay up :ROFLOL:

We're 10am on the 16th- sadly we'll miss you by a few days. We wouldn't have minded sneak peak at all! lol I do get to wear my dress once more though- we're having MK pictures done at 6:30am on the 20th. Are you planning on having a MK photo session? We were undecided for awhile because of the price, but in the end I couldn't pass up the opportunity to wear my dress in the park, haha.

Little tip- book hair/makeup early if you want Beaute Speciale or Patricia LeJeune. Both are very popular with DFTW because they come to your hotel room, so they book up fast.

I know what you mean about the '2 weddings'- we're in the same boat. Only our parents, my sister, and her bf are coming to WDW, and our families are huge so I've been talked into having 2 home receptions. Since they parents talked us into it they're helping with the cost, but it's a surprising amount of work!

I love your idea for the veil! Saves money and you get to share a bit of family history- very nice!

MLIDisney10

Original Poster
Congrats on the contract! I think the contract is the most exciting part- everything is booked so it really starts to seem 'real'. We just got our BEO yesterday- not nearly as exciting because that means it's time to pay up :ROFLOL:

We're 10am on the 16th- sadly we'll miss you by a few days. We wouldn't have minded sneak peak at all! lol I do get to wear my dress once more though- we're having MK pictures done at 6:30am on the 20th. Are you planning on having a MK photo session? We were undecided for awhile because of the price, but in the end I couldn't pass up the opportunity to wear my dress in the park, haha.

Little tip- book hair/makeup early if you want Beaute Speciale or Patricia LeJeune. Both are very popular with DFTW because they come to your hotel room, so they book up fast.

I know what you mean about the '2 weddings'- we're in the same boat. Only our parents, my sister, and her bf are coming to WDW, and our families are huge so I've been talked into having 2 home receptions. Since they parents talked us into it they're helping with the cost, but it's a surprising amount of work!

I love your idea for the veil! Saves money and you get to share a bit of family history- very nice!

We got the E-Mail this morning at 5:30 so when I woke up I was very happy! I can't believe that it is all coming together! I am dreading the BEO because of that same reason! Time to give up the money :cry: But it will all be happy in the end!

Against DF's wishes, we ARE doing MK pictures. I am hoping for the morning after so 3/17. I kind of want to pay a little extra and do the two parks but I am just not sure yet.

Luckily I don't need to worry about hair. I have a friend who has been doing hair for over 8 years now and she lives in Tampa so I am asking her to come up for the wedding. I know she will do the hair for next to nothing, and I will put her in a room next to me so it will be super easy in the morning! My bridesmaids are good with makeup so I am going to let them do it! I gotta save where I can :)

If you haven't gotten your veil yet I would suggest going to JoAnn's and at least buying just a plain one that they have. You can sew it to hair clips, and trim it, etc. It is about $20 with clips depending on length and so worth the save! I might change my head wear for the reception, so I am looking into a tiara from Disney. Why not! :)

I would say that I would go try to sneak into MK to see you pictures, but I will be in the crazy mob with DF and our roommates for SWW at DHS. They are so excited to ride the new Star Tours that we HAVE to be there in the morning for park open! :ROFLOL:

Ravenclaw87

Oohh yay! I love hearing about peoples' plans. I can't believe you got a veil for $5!!!! Even if you don't wear it, I'll bet you could re-purpose that tulle... :)

And I'm pretty far along so far... I'm such a planner! I don't go for my PS until the 19th of August though--- it's SO far away

silver1113

Just want to say Congrats to all the brides and grooms. I love weddings. It's so fun to read about all of the preperations. Can't help with actually suggestions for the wedding but, have lots of fun and try not to stress out too much. It will all come together in the end.

wizards8507

Congratulations from a July 2011 Disney honeymooner and soon after full time Disney employee. I thought my 2:00 reception was a little early to have an open bar, but you guys are putting me at ease :animwink:. Have you been down to look at apartments yet? My fiancee and I aren't familiar with the area at all (aside from vacationing there), so we'd love to hear suggestions from other young couples who work (or will be working) at the World as to where the best places to live might be.

MLIDisney10

Original Poster
Congratulations from a July 2011 Disney honeymooner and soon after full time Disney employee. I thought my 2:00 reception was a little early to have an open bar, but you guys are putting me at ease :animwink:. Have you been down to look at apartments yet? My fiancee and I aren't familiar with the area at all (aside from vacationing there), so we'd love to hear suggestions from other young couples who work (or will be working) at the World as to where the best places to live might be.

Well congrats in advance to you!

Full time- nice! Where are you working/ what line of business?

No 2:00 isn't early at all! It's 5 o'clock somewhere right? :lol:

We looked around at a bunch of places, and really I think it depends on driving preference and what you want to live near. Ideas that we had were

Cagan Crossings- which is about 20-30 minutes away from property and in Davenport

Camden World Gateway- which is about 15 minutes from park entrances and right off International Drive. (this is what we selected; as one of our roommates already lives here) There are about 9 different Camden's around the Orlando area, so it turns into a preference thing.

Discovery Palms- we have friends that live here and love it. This is really close to College Program housing (it was one of our top choices because we have friends in the College Program this fall)

Falcon Square Apartments- This is off of Reams Rd. Behind Magic Kingdom. I have heard that these are nice, but it wasn't one of our choices since there isn't much developed over there.

Some of these apartment complexes are right near housing developments, or are a part of a housing development. (Camden is near, and I think Falcon Square is a part of one.

Also, Robby and I are looking to buy a house by next summer. There are a lot of new development neighborhoods going up near Disney, but there are also some nice towns near by too. Just look around, and it might be worth it to make a long weekend visit, and check out the complexes in person.

I hope this helps you out!

-Karen

wizards8507

Full time- nice! Where are you working/ what line of business?

Financial Reporting at first, but I'd like to move into operations after I get a bit of experience with the company. I'm really excited to get started.

Also, Robby and I are looking to buy a house by next summer. There are a lot of new development neighborhoods going up near Disney, but there are also some nice towns near by too. Just look around, and it might be worth it to make a long weekend visit, and check out the complexes in person.

Thanks for the advice. We're in the same boat looking to buy a house, but its not really something we can do from long distance, so we'll probably rent for just a year or two until we really know the area and can spend some solid time looking around.

Slugger

As Karen said, we have already been approved for our apartment at Camden World Gateway. We have been looking at apartments for a while now and we know at least one person from each of the complexes she listed.

As for Camden World Gateway, I happened to go on their website one day and put in my information to ask for more info and the lady I have been working with emailed me right back. We are getting a 2 bedroom/2 bath for a very decent price split between us all. Also the lady found us a first floor apartment for only 22 dollars more than one on the second floor. We are still waiting to sign the lease because she is still looking to see if anything else opens up that is cheaper than our current rent price.

As for the house, we will definitely be looking a lot before our wedding to see what we like, ect and hopefully be able to move into one after our lease is up or after we get married(provided we have someone to take over our part of the lease).

Congrats on the Full-Time position!

-Robby

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom