Wishes DFTW March 2012!

Fashionista007

I love following your thread and I'm glad you have some updates!

Do you mean the boys are walking in to the Imperial March from Star Wars?? That's flippin awesome. What kind of musicians are you having (if any)? I hope you're getting videography, I'd love to see that! And you're walking in to the PoTC theme? Double awesome! Can't wait to hear more!

Slugger

I love following your thread and I'm glad you have some updates!

Do you mean the boys are walking in to the Imperial March from Star Wars?? That's flippin awesome. What kind of musicians are you having (if any)? I hope you're getting videography, I'd love to see that! And you're walking in to the PoTC theme? Double awesome! Can't wait to hear more!

Yup we are walking in to the Imperial March from Star Wars! So far we aren't planning on having any musicians, just a DJ at the reception. I'm not sure if we are doing videography through Disney. I know that we are getting a photographer that our roommate is friends with from Utah. Since we have a few Flip cams we will probably use those for videoing or maybe we will get videography. I'm not sure lol

-Robby

MLIDisney10

Original Poster
The dress

Okay so I am in pure and utter SHOCK....I ordered my wedding dress on Sunday night at like 10pm, I got an email from David's Bridal Monday night at 9pm saying my order was shipped. I was told 5-7 business days for it to arrive. Well... while I was out tonight for a meeting it ARRIVED!!!! 2 days! :D :D :D I couldn't believe it! So of course I skyped my mom as I opened the box and tried it on. I was a little nervous, but as soon as I put it on i knew it was THE dress! I couldn't believe it and I just smiled and smiled and smiled and giggled and squealed! It is an amazing feeling to finally have my dress! My mom was so excited, and I think a little sad she couldn't see it in person, but still excited and told me I had to call my aunt. My aunt cried! :) This dress was a little blend of everything that I had already tried on so I knew it was amazing! Retail value of $949 and I got it w s/h and tax for $440 :D I would post pics but because of DF its a no go... so you can all blame him for reading these boards :) The next step is to figure out any alterations and the cost that would be needed for those. Currently the dress is back in the box in my closet until I can get a dark lockable garment bag to put the dress in so DF won't get it :)

All for now.

-K

CaptainShortty

A CP wedding!! So exciting!! Congratulations to you both!! And Good Luck with the PI! I have a friend who's currently doing the PI in Weddings and am hoping to get the Wedding PI next year for myself.

MLIDisney10

Original Poster
Slap on the Wrist

Okay. So I really feel horrible. I haven't done anything for the wedding since I bought my dress :eek: We are about 5 1/2 months away and NOTHING is done. No invitations, no planning session, nothing. zip. zero. zilch. Such a scary thought that nothing has been done this close. I keep reassuring myself that it is a Disney Wedding so I know we will be taken care of but it is still scary!

I have a feeling though that within the next month I will start with this more regularly. That's because I have officially hit full swing. Next week Robby and my parents are both coming to Florida. They have never met before and we figured it would be nice if they met BEFORE the week of the wedding :ROFLOL: So because of their arrival I have decided I am going to try to call David's Bridal now that I have my dress and work schedule for next week and schedule my first alterations appointment. I am hoping we get in and it all works out! I am for sure taking my mother since she hasn't really seen me in the dress and my Future MIL is going to come as well if I can get the appt while she is still here. Also, in our plans for the weekend is to take our parents over to the WP so they can see the area as well as to GF to show them where the reception will be. Hopefully everything works out!

I finally finished the newsletter! YAY! We included sections about why to stay at Disney, info about the parks, resorts that we selected, transportation, food and what there is to do besides a park as well. I ran out of ink just before I started printing them and the invitations so it looks like I am heading over to Target to mend the dilemma!

Now some awesome news. We have been E-Mailing with Carol about meeting up, but because Robby and I are both on a College Program we do not know our schedule one week to the next so it has been rough to set up a meeting. I just got a set schedule for Food and Wine and Robby can take days off so we E-Mailed Carol and our appointment is November 14th!!!! We are splitting this and our tasting up so it will be two different sessions. I am just excited to finally get all of this information taken care of!!!

So about the slap on the wrist. Well its not really literal more of figuratively. I kind of deserve it for slacking but, its all good. When I met Shelley and Jason this weekend I got told that I had to pick up on the slack just so Shelley has something to do until the move :ROFLOL: (just for you Shelley!)

Here's to a great few weeks of planning! (or cheers since I'm working food and wine?):sohappy:

Fashionista007

So about the slap on the wrist. Well its not really literal more of figuratively. I kind of deserve it for slacking but, its all good. When I met Shelley and Jason this weekend I got told that I had to pick up on the slack just so Shelley has something to do until the move :ROFLOL: (just for you Shelley!)

ROTFLOL! I know how hard it is and how much you have left to do! Just take it one step at a time, it seems like a lot now but in the end it will work out perfectly :sohappy: Disney Fairytale Weddings really gave us a beautiful day and they took care of us from start to finish. Your wedding will be beautiful and I cannot wait to hear all about your planning! I feel like I have insider information since you cannot post your dress on this thread but I got to see it on your phone. It's gorgeous!!!

MLIDisney10

Original Poster
It's 2012 - any updates???

HUNDREDS!!!!

Wow, okay so I have sat down to try and write an entry MANY MANY MANY times..... I know it doesn't help that I never post.....Yes I am slapping my wrist right now :brick: <- That too....

So let's see where to begin....

Well we left off in October with me working Food and Wine and DF still in Fantasyland. In November we had our Planning Session! Wow, so much information in such a sort amount of time. What didn't help though is I felt like I was dying and had to work an 8hr shift (4a-noon) before the session. We ironed out ALL the details and after the session I felt a whole lot better about everything.

So first things first, the WP deco. We selected the rose petals and candles down the aisle and will provide our own runner and unity candle set. I really liked this option for several reasons. 1. We are transferring the candles for centerpieces!!!! 2. We are saving money by purchasing a plain runner, cutting it to size, and painting our own monogram. Well, I am still worried about the painting but I'll get to that a little later.

Next, The reception. We are in the Whitehall patio room for the pre-reception and Ballroom 6 (I think) for the reception. We selected the fresh fruit and honey yogurt dip and the cheese tray for the food and then punch and coffee for drinks. We are using plain linens and then placing some confetti on the guest book table.

Reception. Okay, so you walk into the room and you are going to see lights on the wall. Green Fireworks and a castle to be exact and then the carriage on the dance floor. Each table has white linens with the 3 candles tied together with a green ribbon and then each chair has covers (white with either a green, pink, or purple sash) The head table chairs are all pink sashes. On each table rose petals will be scattered. The head table will have 5 vases that the bouquets will be placed in and then votives across the table for lighting.

Food: Oh the food. We selected a brunch menu (it will be Noon) with: an Omelet station, Mickey Waffle Bar, Sausage, Bacon, Roasted Potatoes, Chicken, Veggies, Pasta, Pound Cake, Assorted Pastries, coffee, juice and tea.

Cake: Three tier swirl with pink, purple, and green: creating own topper with the wedding vinyls (we are big collectors) Flavors: Top and Bottom: Almond Cake with Amarretto Mousse. Middle: Marble Cake with Bavarian Cream Mousse. Due to guest count we are also getting a sheet cake. This will be White Cake with Dark Chocolate Mousse. (My mouth is now watering just thinking about all of the food.... nom on salad...)

Transportation: We selected a 4 hr limo rental and charter bus to get our guests.

We also booked our in park photos for MK

BEO first round total Including Floral for 100 guests (92 adults and 8 kids): 22,750 (ish)

This came in WAY higher than expected. Luckily (I guess is the right word) we had invited 160 and only about 80 are actually coming. We changed our guest count, eliminated the pasta, veggies and chicken. Also, took out our photos (we have a year post wedding to schedule them) and the charter bus, and drinks at the pre-reception so we are only serving water. Also, cut our open bar from 2.5hrs to 2. We will be really busy from the beginning so to have the bar that long was just crazy. NEW Total: $17,600 (ish)

BIG change and we are really happy!!!!!!!

Now, a few things to cover since October, my sister also showed up with our parents and surprised me with my niece and nephew (Flower girl and ring bearer). DF was in on everything of course. Mom and I went to David's for my first fitting and the ONLY Alterations that I had to my dress..... BUSTLE!!! My dress fits like a GLOVE! :sohappy: I don't have to crash diet or get major alterations!!!! Also, I have a second dress for fun, the rehearsal and our two receptions back home, but that needs alterations and will be going in soon (Like Wednesday). I have lost about 12 pounds since August which made me really happy and DF about 10. Post wedding we are going to start our diet but because of me fitting in my dress already we don't want to start to early and I need last minute alterations :D

We kicked off the new year with DF getting Part-time and trainer and I am still seasonal, which I am okay with until the wedding is over. We made a MAJOR road trip and went to Ohio and Alabama. I am going back home in a month for a Shower and we are registered at Bed, Bath and Beyond and Target. Also, we went to Men's Warehouse for the tuxes and got an E-Mail from Fine Art Video about a ceremony only Video for $400. We couldn't say no to that deal!

In less than 2 weeks we have our menu tasting. We are trying to decide between our potato choices, if we need a main dish meat besides waffles and if there is anything else we want to change. We have 3 meats, 3 potatoes, and 2 extras on the menu to just see what we want.

After this meeting we will be in the 45 day stretch!!!!

Now for some of the downs. We have had issues with some friends (which everyone does) and eliminated 2 groomsmen and our photographer. The groomsmen were replaced and the photographer was replaced with one of my good friends who is photopass and doing our engagements on Sunday. He quoted us about 60% less then our 1st choice. YAY!

Still to come: I am meeting with our Florist (who is a family friend) in Feb to talk bouquets, corsages, boutonnieres, etc. She is doing it for way less than Disney, and is an invited guest to the wedding so we are really excited about that. We still have to purchase our runner, but I have looked and from what I can find online Oriental Trading has really nice quality ones at a very cheap price ($25). Some other things to purchase: Place card/ favor boxes, tote bags for welcome gifts, bubbles, wedding party gifts, welcome bag stuff. I think there's more but I know I am forgetting something!

PLEASE Ask questions about stuff. I know there is a lot detailed here, but I know I left stuff out. I tried to cliff note as much as possible, and to be truly honest, most of this didn't get done until end of Nov/ beginning Dec. so its really all fallen into place in the last month. I will try to update this regularly since we are entering the home stretch with days left. I can't believe that its less than 2 months Away!!! eek!

And Thanks Fallen Angel for the statement about lack of updating.... I really feel bad that I have kept slacking on this :(

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
:sohappy: Your wedding sounds fab!!!

I am in the pre-pre-PRE planning stages of my future Disney wedding and I admit a had sticker-shock when I saw your price! I've always wanted a wishes wedding though

MLIDisney10

Original Poster
:sohappy: Your wedding sounds fab!!!

I am in the pre-pre-PRE planning stages of my future Disney wedding and I admit a had sticker-shock when I saw your price! I've always wanted a wishes wedding though

Yeah it is a big sticker shock. After looking at the requirements (10k F&B minimum) just for the Friday morning we had estimated about $15k. We were a little surprised with the first total of 22k but then we realized we forgot to figure in the tax ( I think its 21%?!!!!) so we felt a little better about it. Then when we started cutting we felt better and better after each cut :)

With the wishes wedding, we already have large families. (My dad is one of 6 and DFs 'rents are 2 of 6) It was too hard to cut certain people and not make relatives mad. Luckily we had estimated 100 RSVPs and are way under at about 85-90 right now. We felt it was the best for our value and with a morning wedding we can have a lower preset budget, and everything seems cheaper in the morning.

I really need to figure out how to post pictures on here because I have lots to share. Also, after our tasting next week I should be able to post a finalized BEO and Floral, along with extra expenses (guest rooms, bubbles, gifts etc)

Fashionista007

Yay an update!! I LOVE all of your plans and Whitehall Patio Room is where we had our reception too :) As a bonus, you get to leave your reception and walk in your wedding dress past the bus stop back to the lobby of the GF. I never got tired of wearing my dress in public!! :sohappy:

I have to say I love your brunch menu. If Jason and I had a big wedding, we would have done brunch too. Mickey waffles sound perfect! I'm so excited for you, it's getting SO close!!!

PartOfYourWorld

How is it possible that I just realized this thread was here???? I followed Shelley's thread religiously and didn't see this one!

But Congratulations to the two of you!!! I can't wait to hear about it once it gets here!

And I was in WDW the same weekend as Shelley! and I am actually going down next week for an interview in WDW. (Where do you work?) Any tips?? I was kind of suprised they didn't ask me for a phone interview..instead they want to see me in person..it's only for a part time job wish they had a full time position..but doesn't hurt to ask!

Anyways, I loved reading all your updates and can't believe it is almost March!!! Did you get that passporters guide to disney weddings?? haha I have it and I'm not even getting married yet! But I do plan on getting married in Disney and you can never be too prepared!

MLIDisney10

Original Poster
How is it possible that I just realized this thread was here???? I followed Shelley's thread religiously and didn't see this one!

Hahaha I forgot about too! (Obviously!)

And I was in WDW the same weekend as Shelley! and I am actually going down next week for an interview in WDW. (Where do you work?) Any tips?? I was kind of suprised they didn't ask me for a phone interview..instead they want to see me in person..it's only for a part time job wish they had a full time position..but doesn't hurt to ask!

ooooo what is the interview for?! and I am seasonal at Kilimanjaro Safaris and DF is Part-time in Fantasyland :)

Anyways, I loved reading all your updates and can't believe it is almost March!!! Did you get that passporters guide to disney weddings?? haha I have it and I'm not even getting married yet! But I do plan on getting married in Disney and you can never be too prepared!

I WISH we had gotten that! I only discovered it in November and by that time it was a little too late to try and read it. :-( It is one of the things that I regret not getting from the beginning! Tip- Start SAVING NOW!!!!! :-D

PartOfYourWorld

ooooo what is the interview for?! and I am seasonal at Kilimanjaro Safaris and DF is Part-time in Fantasyland :)

It's an interview for a part time attractions job, so we'll see how it goes!

I WISH we had gotten that! I only discovered it in November and by that time it was a little too late to try and read it. :-( It is one of the things that I regret not getting from the beginning! Tip- Start SAVING NOW!!!!! :-D

:( Definitely glad I bought it. I haven't started reading it yet but when I do the highlighter is coming out too haha! I've actually been saving for almost 2 years now and I have a alot of money put away for it! :)

Keep us updated with everything!!!

Disney Bride

Just got back from doing our Vow Renewal, sunday feb. 5th. had the best time we also did the MK photo shoot and added EPCOT. The weather was great. Can't wait for the photos to come in. Hope your wedding is wonderfull looking forward to your pics. :king:

MLIDisney10

Original Poster
Update!

So I promise I haven't forgotten about this (this time) but everytime I go to write a post we change a menu, add someone, pay, buy new stuff, etc, etc, etc... :D

Right now I am home and just had our (first) shower! So excited for everything!!!! It also marks the 4 weeks!!!!! eek I can't believe that we are under 26 days now! It's getting so close and really fast!

If there is one tip that I can share right now, is be ready for crunch time. We still have some small stuff to purchase, and in crunch time I am now getting nervous about all the deliveries making it on time. :dazzle:

I am hoping to write a good lengthy post Wednesday as I get ready to fly back to Orlando!

Slugger

Less than 10 days to go till our big day!!!

Today we got our marriage license!! Our seating cart has been completed and we are finishing up an email to send to our DJ for the music that we want to be played during the reception.

Our families start to arrive on Sunday so its going to be a very busy week for us!!

-Robby

PartOfYourWorld

Less than 10 days to go till our big day!!!

Today we got our marriage license!! Our seating cart has been completed and we are finishing up an email to send to our DJ for the music that we want to be played during the reception.

Our families start to arrive on Sunday so its going to be a very busy week for us!!

-Robby

Hope you have a great week!!!! And a very very magical wedding day!!! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom