Wishes Dessert Party

gwhb75

Original Poster
I was wondering if anyone has heard if this is being extended beyond the end of August (I think the current plan is that it ends on August 28th). We are going in September and would love to go to this. Has anyone heard anything?

The Mom

Premium Member
I've heard that the guests descend upon the chocolate covered strawberries like a hoard of locusts, so if you're a few minutes late, you're out of luck. :lookaroun

gwhb75

Original Poster
Hopefully they extend it. If they are selling out every day then I don't see why they wouldn't (unless they aren't covering their costs).

harveyt0206

Fingers crossed. Toes crossed. Doing the "please, please, please" dance. Would love love love to have the chance to go to this in September.

Edisto Pluto

On another thread I promised a review and I will report the CM's are being told it will be extended. We went this past Tuesday. It was well done. There was plenty to eat and well presented. They did not run short on anything including the strawberries. The view was spectacular with plenty of viewing room for everyone. My 79 yr old Mom was with us and this was perfect for her. We felt it was one of the best bargins at Disney. We all had sugar and chocolate overload by 10:30 but that is a good thing.

gwhb75

Original Poster
Thanks for the info. I had called on Saturday and it hadn't been extended yet. I'll keep trying. If I hear anything I'll post it here.

jiddng

Can someone please give me more info regarding this? This is the first I've heard about the Wishes Dessert Party, and we're headed into the kingdom tomorrow. Are dining reservations needed? Where is it held? How much does it cost? Thanks for any help!

dreamfinder

Can someone please give me more info regarding this? This is the first I've heard about the Wishes Dessert Party, and we're headed into the kingdom tomorrow. Are dining reservations needed? Where is it held? How much does it cost? Thanks for any help!

If you don't have reservations, you are most likely to late. It's in the Tommorowland Terrace area. I believe it costs $18 per person. You do get a "preferred" viewing area for Wishes, but unless you are right up front, the roof will block alot of the fireworks. People seem to be mostly positive about it, but it definitely seems to be in a less than prime viewing area.

PineapplePrincess

We just got back on Friday, and we did the party on Sunday, Aug. 2. It was well worth the $17.99! I had tried to book it before we left, and it was fully booked. The concierge at AKL tried to book it for us also and was told it was full. However, when we arrived at MK, we happened to be passing the stand that was advertising it, and I asked if they were taking walk ups. They said "absolutely", and we were in! So for those of you who can't book it before you go, there's no harm in asking when you get there.

NewfieFan

We just got back on Friday, and we did the party on Sunday, Aug. 2. It was well worth the $17.99! I had tried to book it before we left, and it was fully booked. The concierge at AKL tried to book it for us also and was told it was full. However, when we arrived at MK, we happened to be passing the stand that was advertising it, and I asked if they were taking walk ups. They said "absolutely", and we were in! So for those of you who can't book it before you go, there's no harm in asking when you get there.

Thanks for posting this... it gives me a little bit of hope! I've been trying to get a reservation for Aug. 25th with no luck! Where is the stand located where you can make a reservation?

reptar77

It was ok. I'm glad we did it but I would not sched it again.
I agree with the above post that the roof line does block a little. You do get a good value for the money, and they didn't run out of anything while we were there.

jiddng

Thanks!

Thanks for answering. Going to try the walk-up. If I can't get in, then I'll just have to hope they'll extend it thru the end of the year.

PineapplePrincess

Thanks for posting this... it gives me a little bit of hope! I've been trying to get a reservation for Aug. 25th with no luck! Where is the stand located where you can make a reservation?
It was at the Terrace Noodle Station. There was a podium advertising the party. We got there at around 6:00, and were still able to get in.

Crazy4WDW1

I called yesterday to try and get a reservation for our visit next week. Every night is booked. Why we waited so long to try and book is beyond me. The CM that I spoke with at dining said to try and walk up. He said he did it himself and got in. He suggest that if Wishes were at 10:00 to hit the podium around 8 or so. I'm going to take him up on that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom