Wish (Walt Disney Animation - November 2023)

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Disney has released a new trailer for Wish.

More casting details have also been released.

Cast members include: Angelique Cabral as Queen Amaya, the wife and sounding board of King Magnifico; Victor Garber as Asha’s grandfather, Sabino, who—at 100 years old—is patiently waiting for his wish to be granted; and Natasha Rothwell as Asha’s loving and supportive mom, Sakina.

Plus, Asha’s tight-knit group of confidants, protectors and forever friends: Jennifer Kumiyama as Asha’s dearest friend, Dahlia, who’s an accomplished baker and unofficial leader of their group; Evan Peters as the strong guy with a big heart and bigger yawn, Simon; Harvey Guillén as Gabo, who may be cynical, but he has a heart of gold; Ramy Youseff as Safi, who’s plagued by allergies; Niko Vargas as Asha’s joyful, always smiling buddy, Hal; Della Saba as the seemingly shy teenager, Bazeema, who’s full of surprises; and Jon Rudnitsky as Asha’s rosy-cheeked, wiggly-eared pal, Dario.

Here's the new poster.

F7CqiTbaQAAyUiF.jpeg

Ghost93

I think the backgrounds look stunning, but the character animation is hit or miss.

I may be reading waaaay too much into it, but I also wonder if the premise of Asha questioning King Magnifico is a commentary on religion — how God may or may not answer prayers and the seeming unfairness of allowing so much suffering. It's the first thing that jumped to mind when viewing the trailer.

Ghost93

My biggest concern about the movie story-wise is that in an attempt to be celebratory of the company's legacy, the movie might feel extremely formulaic. If everything is a tribute to what came before, there may not be enough to make the movie feel fresh and exciting in its own right.

I'm not saying I think the story isn't good, but that's my biggest concern thus far.

TsWade2

My biggest concern about the movie story-wise is that in an attempt to be celebratory of the company's legacy, the movie might feel extremely formulaic. If everything is a tribute to what came before, there may not be enough to make the movie feel fresh and exciting in its own right.

I'm not saying I think the story isn't good, but that's my biggest concern thus far.
Oh fiddlesticks and nonsense! I think it’s going to be a great film.

mf1972

animation looks good. just my opinion, but some of the recent animated movies have been hit or miss for me. like many i’ll wait for reviews first.

Magenta Panther

"Adorably" awkward girl plus smirky goat and bland uninspired rubber-doll animation that can't hold a candle to Puss In Boots: The Last Wish or Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse when it comes to visual innovation and artistry...

...and of COURSE, a butt joke. Gotta entertain the kids!

This looks like straight-to-DVD crap. We'll see how it does at the box office, but yeah, for me, pass. :rolleyes:

Ghost93

"Adorably" awkward girl plus smirky goat and bland uninspired rubber-doll animation that can't hold a candle to Puss In Boots: The Last Wish or Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse when it comes to visual innovation and artistry...
I really liked Puss in Boots: The Last Wish, but I DESPISE how the movie is constantly being weaponized against Disney.

I think the animation in Wish looks like a mixed bag, but it is Disney's first time attempting something like this. I hope that Disney will be able to improve on the Wish animation style in subsequent films and learn what did and didn't work instead of being scared off by the backlash and reverting to the same old Frozen/Tangled/Moana style of animation we've seen the past 13 years.

aladdin2007

so the new trailer kind of disappoints me, yet, interesting to see more of the characters especially King Magnifico. I was hoping to be moved in the same way like the first one with the music and song, and really wasn't this time, but that doesn't mean its not good of course, it's just the way they chose to construct this trailer, I still think it could be a hit, but really wanted to hear more of the music or songs........at the end of the day though, THE GOAT RULES!!! bring it on!!

Ghost93

so the new trailer kind of disappoints me, yet, interesting to see more of the characters especially King Magnifico. I was hoping to be moved in the same way like the first one with the music and song, and really wasn't this time, but that doesn't mean its not good of course, it's just the way they chose to construct this trailer, I still think it could be hit but really wanted to hear more of the music or songs........at the end of the day though, THE GOAT RULES!!! bring it on!!
It's hard to tell with Disney trailers. Frozen and Tangled had horrible trailers, but turned out to be quite good. Other movies with great trailers, like Brave and Lightyear, were mediocre.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So Asha is just Anna from Frozen.

I must've missed the part in Frozen when Anna got a magical sidekick she had to protect.

Combined with Rapunzel, but with dark hair.
I must've missed the part of the trailer in which the protagonist was isolated from society and is a fish out of water with a romantic love interest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom