Wish (Walt Disney Animation - November 2023)

celluloid

For those who haven't caught it yet, the new signature is a paraphrase of a speech by Hitler about the Holocaust. Truly disgusting.

He told you that is what the first one was a satire of. That the hatred towards Disney adults was equated to that. Then, he changed it to be a more direct paraphrase. You don't have to think it is funny. I don't laugh. I see the satire. You don't have to appreciate it. He made it clearer when he changed it for the satire. He did not hide or say it was anything else.

But to insinuate the person is Hitler or David Lane. Knock that crap out.

It does not help that you always have to start your post with a condescending like you are the only one who could see it, and everoyne else would have to catch on.

It reminds me of when people would ask if Taika Watiti was worried he would offend anyone or if he did reserach on what Hitler was like during the Hitler Youth for his role in JoJo Rabbit and he had to respond going why the heck would be care about butchering it or not being accurate to that person?

LittleBuford

He told you that is what the first one was a satire of. That the hatred towards Disney adults was equated to that. Then, he changed it to be a more direct paraphrase. You don't have to think it is funny. I don't laugh. I see the satire. You don't have to appreciate it.

But to insinuate the person is Hitler or David Lane. Knock that crap out.

It does not help that you always have to start your post with a condescending like you are the only one who could see it, and everoyne else would have to catch on.
Signatures don't appear on mobiles (at least not in my browser). So yeah, I'm pointing it out for those who may not be able to see it.

And I don't have to insinuate anything. It's all there for people to see for themselves and make of it what they will. Perhaps others will agree with you that closely paraphrasing Hitler's prediction of the Holocaust is just a bit of a harmless fun, perfectly appropriate for a Disney fansite.

celluloid

Signatures don't appear on mobiles (at least not in my browser). So yeah, I'm pointing it out for those who may not be able to see it.

And I don't have to insinuate anything. It's all there for people to see for themselves and make of it what they will. Perhaps others will agree with you that quoting Hitler's prediction of the Holocaust is just a bit of a harmless fun, perfectly appropriate for a Disney fansite.

He is not quoting, nor celebrating it. It is changed to the absurd level. People paraphrase random things all of the time.
Again, Disney owns The Simpsons. Satire is a way people often use emphasis to sound sincere when they are not to show the absurdity.

There are plenty of things on this website's forums that are brought up(even by you in innuendo before) that are PG-13 at best. So let's not go there to your attempt. If the mods don't like it they will ask him to remove it. Not your role. Move on broham.

Vegas Disney Fan

Since when did -what was happening to minorities then- start to happen to white people? The next animated movie under Disney(Pixar) is centered around the emotions of a white teen, with a bunch of white voice actors.

Ariel, Tinkerbell, Snow White, the blue fairy… that’s just the last year. Prior to that I can’t think of an example other than Brandy as Cinderella a couple decades ago, which is probably why it feels so obvious now, they went from very rarely swapping a character to doing it 4 times in a year.

LittleBuford

Ariel, Tinkerbell, Snow White, the blue fairy… that’s just the last year. Prior to that I can’t think of an example other than Brandy as Cinderella a couple decades ago, which is probably why it feels so obvious now, they went from very rarely swapping a character to doing it 4 times in a year.
I'm surprised you would include Zegler in that list after our conversation the other day about Cleopatra and Prince of Persia.

For what it's worth, she consider herself a "white Latina":

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Let me get this straight….

My memory of his plotline is that he wished his music would touch people's hearts. That's more than just learning how to play. And when he gave that dream/wish to the king, he lost the memory of that wish, so, he never attempted to learn how to play.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Yes, civilization started in the fertile crescent, but slowly people started migrating towards Europe and their physical features began to reflect their environment. With harsher winters and less sunlight, the people developed lighter skin. The opposite was true towards those who migrated into Africa. And yes, Christianity began in Israel and quickly spread to Rome and Greece as the apostles spread the Gospel. In the 6th century, Clovis I became Catholic, placing the rest of Europe on a trajectory to become Christian.

Is this sufficient knowledge of Western Civ for MrPenguin?
Well, there's the Central Asian migrations and all that Neanderthal blood running through Europeans.

FettFan

I
My memory of his plotline is that he wished his music would touch people's hearts. That's more than just learning how to play. And when he gave that dream/wish to the king, he lost the memory of that wish, so, he never attempted to learn how to play.

Again, though…he was wishing for a skill instead of choosing to do the work necessary to actually develop that skill.

DKampy

An agenda to try and get Disney to make movies that make at least a small profit at the box office again?

You must have realized that Wish is Disney's tenth (10!) flop at the box office this year. In just one year, one after another. Disney's various studio divisions are about to lose $1 Billion in just one year; 2023.

Meanwhile, there's no night parade at WDW or Disneyland, there's no new rides under construction at any Disney park in the USA, the Hyperion Theatre is sitting dark indefinitely, and they're charging $20 bucks for Lightning Lane for 40 year old rides.

My agenda is for Disney to fire almost all of their senior studio executives, fix the parks, and save the company from implosion.
That’s is not what I am taking about…and you should know it…It is more the conspiracy theorists we seem to have here….I am not getting into it per request from the host I just saw

celluloid

Imagine how great the next animated feature could be if they do not give up on it for awhile and actually try to wake sleeping beauty giving it their all. The cycle could be on an upswing. I just don't see it likely until new blood is in.
The only things connected to Disney animation(and none are from the animation studio) coming out in the next two years are remakes. Which is so sad. Elio from Pixar might happen.

Last edited:

Consumer

I really hate the castle in Wish. It's not a Romantic depiction of a castle like we see in Snow White, Cinderella, or Sleeping Beauty. It feels like a generic video game or fantasy world castle. Soulless and generic.
1701104594878.png

It reminds me of the Wizard Tower from Runescape.
1701104606244.png

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I’m still upset that Wish didn’t do well at the box office! That’s not fair! Hollywood needs to be fixed and the critics need to be….I need help!😢
If wish was a good film that captured the audience then it would have done well . However it hasn't performed . Films like Barbie . Top Gun and Mario have shown that Hollywood doesn't need fixing. If the content is good enough , people will come.

Heppenheimer

I really hate the castle in Wish. It's not a Romantic depiction of a castle like we see in Snow White, Cinderella, or Sleeping Beauty. It feels like a generic video game or fantasy world castle. Soulless and generic.
View attachment 756314

It reminds me of the Wizard Tower from Runescape.
View attachment 756316
It reminds me of the water tower in Mannheim Germany.

Attachments

• Wasserturm_Mannheim_2020-04-24_COVID-19.jpg
    Wasserturm_Mannheim_2020-04-24_COVID-19.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 38

CinematicFusion

Wish was average. Animation was solid but main character was boring and already perfect before it even started. Songs don’t stand out.
was story rushed into production?
Wish needed to focus on the villain and make it an origin story for him and not skip over what happened to his family at beginning of story.
Hunger games did a better job with the villain.
Wait for Wish on Disney plus.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom