Wish (Walt Disney Animation - November 2023)

Consumer

What exactly prompted your signature?
It has nothing to do with race, it's just that I want to lock all Disney Adults into concentration camps.
They made them fish for half of the movie to compensate. Isn’t that the argument for Princess and the Frog?
I never understood this argument. Who cares if they're animals? They're clearly still representing black culture despite being animals. You don't see me up in arms about Robin Hood.

The entire idea that children can't relate to a character unless the kid looks like the character is bizarre, anyway, and another example of racism in our culture.

celluloid

The entire idea that children can't relate to a character unless the kid looks like the character is bizarre, anyway, and another example of racism in our culture.

This. A thousand times this.

I love Goodburger. I was the "whitest" of white kids. Whatever that means. I love Keenan and Kel and the personas they portrayed in the zany stories they were in.
Winston was my favorite Ghostbuster.

Skin color or if the character was built like me, spoke like me was irrelevant.

Goodburger is great to me because it is one of the best created Kids comedy movies of all time.
Ghostbusters is one of the best movies made period.

mickEblu

I think DEI at Dreamworks and Illumination should get some credit. Maybe they were smart enough to see this coming and decided to center all their movies around animals and magical creatures. It’s much easier to not offend anyone and focus on the story. Disney keeps losing.

Vegas Disney Fan

It’s not until the tables were turned that it’s become a problem.
Miscasting has been a problem for minorities for decades, now it’s happening to white people and we are responding to it exactly like everyone else did. Not sure why anyone would be surprised white people find it as annoying as everyone else did.

If you want to argue we didn’t understand their anger and weren’t bothered by it until we experienced it I agree, now we get it (to a certain extent) and are responded exactly like everyone else did.

You don’t solve a wrong with another wrong.

celluloid

I think DEI at Dreamworks and Illumination should get some credit. Maybe they were smart enough to see this coming and decided to center all their movies around animals and magical creatures. It’s much easier to not offend anyone and focus on the story. Disney keeps losing.

They have definitely had more sincere story and entertaining films lately.
The first Despicable Me is adorable, as much as minions are overplayed it is sincere.
Sing, particularly Sing 2 are fun times.
Pets. Eh, Not for me but people liked them and the animaiton was great.
Mario they were trusted with. Grinch was a retelling some liked. Lorax was great for what it was going for.
Dreamworks lately with Puss and Trolls(not a huge fan of three though) have done inclusion very well.

celluloid

You mean the signature that's clearly based on the 14 Words?

It honestly boggles my mind (and saddens me deeply) that people are more bothered by Disney's "pandering" than they are by an undisguised paraphrase of a white supremacist slogan.

People are aware of what the 14 words are. Not everyone else is an idiot or biggot just because they disagree on the satire bothering them. It was explained how it is satire. You can think that is in bad taste or not see the humor in it. But that is the point of satire. He explained himself. A refernece to Disney adults and their obsession.

LittleBuford

People are aware of what the 14 words are. Not everyone else is an idiot or biggot just because they disagree on it bother them. It was explained how it is satire. You can think that is in bad taste or not see the humor in it. But that is the point of satire. He explained himself. A refernece to Disney adults and their obsession.
You may feel comfortable brushing it under the carpet, but when you factor in all the Great Replacement tripe, it's clear what's going on.

ETA: Oh, and this is the man whose slogan is being "satirised". How very Disney!

celluloid

What he said:

Ok. But like, I am not going to worry about offending Hitler, David Lane or anyone that would care if Hitler or David Lane would be offended or have their quote butchered. Are you?

Funny considering your username. That song is satire as well. Just in case you were bothered a sibling would say that about their kin.

Knowing someone's quote is satirical, and admitedly so if you say The Simpsons are better at it, then let's not resort to referring to someone to the likes of what you were accusing them of.

LittleBuford

Ok. But like, I am not going to worry about offending Hitler, David Lane or anyone that would care if Hitler is offended. Are you?

Funny considering your username. That song is satire as well. Just in case you were appaled that a little sibling would say that about their kin.
Satire has nothing to do with it. All the alarmist (and alarming) drivel about the erasure of European culture etc. was very seriously meant.

ParkPeeker

Miscasting has been a problem for minorities for decades, now it’s happening to white people and we are responding to it exactly like everyone else did. Not sure why anyone would be surprised white people find it as annoying as everyone else did.

If you want to argue we didn’t understand their anger and weren’t bothered by it until we experienced it I agree, now we get it (to a certain extent) and are responded exactly like everyone else did.

You don’t solve a wrong with another wrong.
Since when did -what was happening to minorities then- start to happen to white people? The next animated movie under Disney(Pixar) is centered around the emotions of a white teen, with a bunch of white voice actors.

celluloid

Since when did -what was happening to minorities then- start to happen to white people? The next animated movie under Disney(Pixar) is centered around the emotions of a white teen, with a bunch of white voice actors.

Inside Out should have no problem being a very diverse cast. It is set in the states. It does not for whatever reason.
Mental health is a difficult issue of stigma in many communities, but in African American culture it is even more taboo. This could be partly the reason Disney feels that is playing it safe. I don't think this is the reason, but certainly a reason that it could be avoided, or they would recieve negative audience feelings if they did.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom