Winter Olympics: Torino 2006

Tigggrl

Well, I am sad to see her withdraw, but she knows herself best. If she could not skate to her best, then withdrawing is better than skating a poor program and everyone saying she was washed up as a skater!

pluto77

I'm sad to see that she withdrew, but she said she has too much respect for the olympics to go and not be able to skate her best, so I think she made a noble move. The girl who the gold, Sarah Hughes, her sister is replacing kwan. You guys have no idea how disappointed I was to see Michelle Kwan not win the gold last time though. :(

Connor002

USA! USA!

I root for the US, followed by Canada, then Germany, followed by the underdog. :lookaroun

I'm glad Kwan dropped out, but I don't think she should have been there in the first place.

Luge is good, but the skeleton is better.

Two man luge is just wrong... :lookaroun

Cross Country skiing is much more difficult than it looks.

Go Flying Tomato!

I don't think people realize how diffucult the moguls are; I'm surprisefd they can stand up after it.

Currling deserves the time slot it's aired at. :lookaroun

[end random thoughts]

dandaman

Original Poster
Connor002 said:
I don't think people realize how diffucult the moguls are; I'm surprisefd they can stand up after it.

My friends and I think it should be converted to a toboggan run after the Games. :lookaroun

imagineer99

To be honest, I feel really bad for Hughes. Kwan knew going in to the games she wasn't 100%. Yet, she went anyway. Now, Hughes is denied one of the greatest thrills of the olympics--walking with her country during the opening ceremony. And, even though Kwan is going home, she got that oppportunity.

RANDOM SIDE NOTE:
Oh, and believe it or not, I met Grandma Luge during a vaction to the Virgin Islands. Nice person. We snorkeled from the same boat.

Connor002

imagineer99 said:
To be honest, I feel really bad for Hughes. Kwan knew going in to the games she wasn't 100%. Yet, she went anyway. Now, Hughes is denied one of the greatest thrills of the olympics--walking with her country during the opening ceremony. And, even though Kwan is going home, she got that oppportunity.

Same here, I think it was rather greedy of Kwan to go again after she'd already had two shots at the gold and knew she wasn't in the position to win this time around.

dandaman

Original Poster
Connor002 said:
Me know, and do, on porpose.:lookaroun

All right, then... :lookaroun

Getting back on topic, men's hockey starts Wednesday and Hlady's wife races Monday at noon! :sohappy:

Not able to see it, but I really hope the school can usher us into the caf. to see her competing live. :D

dandaman

Original Poster
FYI, the Canadian women's hockey team have scored 28 unanswered goals in the past two days. Wow. :eek:

A lot of people are saying the Swedes aren't nearly as much of a pushover, but it should be a relatively comfortable win for Canada nonetheless.

Tigggrl

I have to agree...the Canadian team is much stronger than I have seen in any other competition.
I am thinking the Russian pairs team is sure to medal, if not win gold as long as they stay as strong as they are! What a beautiful pair to watch!

sillyspook13

To me the winter Olympics can be summed up in two words: Apolo Ohno!!!:kiss: :slurp:

oly06.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom