Winter Olympics: Torino 2006

MickeyTigg

AliciaLuvzDizne said:
whats the difference between pairs skating and ice dancing?

As in pair skating, dancers compete as a couple consisting of a man and a woman. Ice dance differs from pair skating by severely limiting lifts, requiring spins to be performed as a team in a dance hold, and by disallowing throws and jumps. Typically, partners are not supposed to separate by more than two arm lengths; originally, partners were supposed to be in a dance hold the entire program. This restriction has been lifted somewhat in modern ice dancing.

Another distinction between ice dance and other disciplines of skating is that dancers must always skate to music that has a definite beat or rhythm. Singles and pair skaters more often skate to the melody and phrasing of their music, rather than its beat, but this is severely penalized in ice dance.

Tigggrl

MommytoMJM said:
Anyone else excited about Snowboard Cross?

Connor, you nut!
I think it looks interesting! I have been really wrapped up in the Figure skating, but I tend to watch all of the coverage...except whats on cable. Are the gold medal snowboarders competeing in cross??

MommytoMJM

Tigggrl said:
I think it looks interesting! I have been really wrapped up in the Figure skating, but I tend to watch all of the coverage...except whats on cable. Are the gold medal snowboarders competeing in cross??

I think so, I hope the Flying Tomato is!

TiggerBW

BOY DO I LOVE THE OLYMPICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How did I miss the POTC music? :wave: It must have been during Survivor. I was flipping back and forth. Which skater???

sillyspook13

imagineer boy said:
The last skater was dancing to POTC music!
I loved the couple during pairs who skated to Phantom of the Opera! It wasn't the most technically exciting routine, but I loved the music!!!:sohappy:

dandaman

Original Poster
sillyspook13 said:
I loved the couple during pairs who skated to Phantom of the Opera! It wasn't the most technically exciting routine, but I loved the music!!!:sohappy:

We yelled down to my sister (huge POTO fan) to come upstairs and watch it. :lol:

Tigggrl

Snowboard Cross was really cool!
Unfortunately I was watching Corpse Bride and missed most of the skating! But I did see the POTC skater.....adn Buttle from Canada was amazing!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom