Winnie the Pooh facade change

EPCOT Explorer

It would be interesting if WDW tried an outdoor loading/unloading area like the Pooh ride has at Disneyland. It's supposed to be a Hundred Acre Wood, after all.

Disneyland vehicles leaving the loading area and heading in to The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh;

14-Winnie-the-Pooh-ride.jpg

Obviously at WDW they would need to do some coverings for the Florida rain and climate, but something that was outdoors and woodsy would work great with the Pooh theme.
That would require track work...so...no...:lol:

It's already enough (To them!) that they are being made to do this to FL in the first place. :rolleyes: :lol:

I would LOVE it, though. Great kinetics.

EPCOTPluto

Something I just thought of:

For the forest theme in Pooh, would the majority be mostly 2D trees a la' Pan or of actual sculpted trees inside the queue?

Figure that the entrance would be of real (or realistic) trees as well...

krankenstein

It would be interesting if WDW tried an outdoor loading/unloading area like the Pooh ride has at Disneyland. It's supposed to be a Hundred Acre Wood, after all.

Disneyland vehicles leaving the loading area and heading in to The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh;

Obviously at WDW they would need to do some coverings for the Florida rain and climate, but something that was outdoors and woodsy would work great with the Pooh theme.

That wouldn't work in Florida because it rains too much.

NewfieFan

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the outdoor part more at the end of the ride not the beginning!?!

I like our Pooh ride just fine and it follows the story line more closely than DLs so I think that automatically gives "ours" more bonus points!

Can't wait to see the new facade... heck, I can't wait to see the new FL!

Disneyson 1

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the outdoor part more at the end of the ride not the beginning!?!

I like our Pooh ride just fine and it follows the story line more closely than DLs so I think that automatically gives "ours" more bonus points!

Can't wait to see the new facade... heck, I can't wait to see the new FL!

Actually in our ride BOTH the beginning and end of the ride are in the woods. In Disneyland, you don't go through a single "door" into the ride, but through a lot of panels (the first ones themed to the blustery day, the ending ones themed to Pooh's birthday presents) that slowly transition you inside the building. Frankly, that's the only good part about their version of their ride.

Wouldn't it be great if they could make the proposed autumnal trees in the queue slowly form a rain cover over you? Instead of the unsightly castle overhang, you could look up and see the fall foliage over you, helping transition to the ride...

But then they'd have to take the book out... and that means removing those words blowing off the page in the first scene... that's my favorite part!

DisneyParksFan1

^Precisely!

They could put the fake trees to cover the rain.

Does anyone know where exactly it shows the Winnie the Pooh queue enhancements in the blueprint?

_Scar

I hope the new queue won't be like a popup story with 2D trees and such like the ride is. Recreate the Hundred Acre Wood, not a cheap knockoff!

EPCOTPluto

I hope the new queue won't be like a popup story with 2D trees and such like the ride is. Recreate the Hundred Acre Wood, not a cheap knockoff!
That's what I want to know as well, but my post several replies back was overlooked...

I also hope they're actually sculpted trees rather than giant storybook renderings...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom