Willow

doctornick

To each there own, but I've been really enjoying the series. I think it has gotten better as it has shifted the attention away from Kit and I thought the last two episodes were both great. It's had a healthy mix of humor, action, and character development.

When we were watching, my one son last night remarked to me that this has been his favorite show on Disney+ (probably some recency bias as he loved Mandalorian for example, but the point being he has been excited about this).

Chi84

Premium Member
Aside from Warwick Davis, I've been rooting for the bad guys and now after episode 5, I'm out.
I thought the first two episodes were pretty boring, but really liked the last three. What I hate are the sequels that concentrate on action above all else and keep out any character development. It seems Willow is avoiding that trap and letting us get to know and care about some of the characters. I thought episode 5 was good!

sedati

It’s fantasy more in line with The Legend of Zelda or a Pratchett novel. Love the characters and the beautiful locations. Ellie Bamber is the kid sister Amy Adams never knew she had. Directing and editing are off, but as this was another COVID production I’m willing to excuse the rough edges.

Phroobar

It’s fantasy more in line with The Legend of Zelda or a Pratchett novel. Love the characters and the beautiful locations. Ellie Bamber is the kid sister Amy Adams never knew she had. Directing and editing are off, but as this was another COVID production I’m willing to excuse the rough edges.
Ellie Bamber is the best thing about the show outside of Warwick. I could watch her all day. Then Ruby Cruz shows up and I plug my ears. Gosh, I hope they don't start singing.

Phroobar

What is with the weird music choices? They keep playing modern songs during the show. The movie never had any of this. They don't even try to make it period specific. It totally brings you out of the world and into the WB.

MoonRakerSCM

I tried. I really did. It's a mess of a show. Poorly edited, poorly filmed, poorly written, poorly acted, poorly dressed, poorly scored. It's scary that Disney is producing this.

sedati

How is every thing I've seen about this last (pretty great) episode revolved around the fact that no viewers seem to have noticed Elora's hair going back to red. It's been happening since episode 4. Is everyone's monitor of choice just garbage? Or is "blind" rage an actual medical condition?

While there's room for improvement, I can already say I'll be so miffed if there's no season 2.

Phroobar

How is every thing I've seen about this last (pretty great) episode revolved around the fact that no viewers seem to have noticed Elora's hair going back to red. It's been happening since episode 4. Is everyone's monitor of choice just garbage? Or is "blind" rage an actual medical condition?

While there's room for improvement, I can already say I'll be so miffed if there's no season 2.
She must be a princess. She has magic hair!

Jedijax719

We've liked this show more and more with each episode. I will come right out and say it is miles better than Rings of Power.

Yes, we noticed the moment Elora's hair started turning red.

There will be more seasons. Val Kilmer was going to show up in this season but couldn't due to Covid and his health issues. He will likely show up in some form at some point (even if through a CGI trick using his face and someone else's voice).

I assume Christian Slater's character is not dead and will appear again also. Oops, was I not supposed to have spoilers.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Her hair change is noticed, at least by me.

Her hair color goes back to its natural red from the movie as she regains her natural powers. Its a statement about hiding your true self. Its slow at first which is why so many probably didn't pick up on it, but with the last episode it became even more apparent.

Phroobar

Her hair change is noticed, at least by me.

Her hair color goes back to its natural red from the movie as she regains her natural powers. Its a statement about hiding your true self. Its slow at first which is why so many probably didn't pick up on it, but with the last episode it became even more apparent.
In the last episode her hair was almost Ronald McDonald red. I did enjoy the parallel sword fighting and wizard dueling they did. That was a nice sequence. I guess taking a ninja star to the arm doesn't bleed or hurt?

76z4gy.jpg

Disney Irish

Premium Member
In the last episode her hair was almost Ronald McDonald red. I did enjoy the parallel sword fighting and wizard dueling they did. That was a nice sequence. I guess taking a ninja star to the arm doesn't bleed or hurt?

76z4gy.jpg
Well given this is her hair in the movie, I think its pretty close:

Elora-Danan-willow-the-movie-23815247-200-200.jpg

As for the ninja star, she did say ouch lol

Disney Irish

Premium Member
This is what Kate Greenfield (actress that played Elora Danan) looks like recently.
iu

I'm a little confused. The picture you posted is of Kate Hudson and Ginnifer Goodwin.

This is what Kate Greenfield looks like today:

tumblr_inline_o2a5bbe5811ttbdeg_500.jpg

She also has a twin sister named Ruth who also played Elora.

Last edited:

Phroobar

I'm a little confused. The picture you posted is of Kate Hudson and Ginnifer Goodwin.

This is what Kate Greenfield looks like today:

tumblr_inline_o2a5bbe5811ttbdeg_500.jpg

She also has a twin sister named Ruth who also played Elora.
That is what it had from the link. But you are right. That is the correct picture. I guess she doesn't act. It would be trippy if she got to reprise her role.

Makes me wonder about the creepy doll the guy in this picture is holding.

b25b126af7c6dc71e2e90aa696b93cd6

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom