Willow

tcool123

Haven't seen it yet - don't have high hopes given that I thought that the original Willow wasn't very good with some very annoying characters that seemed to have unfortunately returned. Hopefully with the gap between show and series they had time to work on the criticisms.

cookiee_munster

It was ok. I'll carry on watching out of interest.

The only thing that bugged me was the horrible jarring end credit music for both episodes... they just seemed so out of place for this series and made it feel less like a big fantasy epic and more like your weekly episode of buffy. If that's the road they are choosing to go down, then ok, but that's a little different compared to the original film.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
IMHO its ok so far, there are some characters that could have been trimmed and you wouldn't even miss them (Kit, Jade, Graydon) as they are just expedient plot devices with filler dialogue.

Phroobar

It is ok. The acting isn't very good from everyone over 4 1/2ft tall. It was good to see Warwick and Anabelle Davis acting together. Their moments together felt like the movie. However the rest of the show feels like a WB teen show with bad script writing. It doesn't have that epic feel of the movie or any high fantasy show. It feels small in scope. Ruby Cruz's character is probably the most unlikeable of the bunch. Hopefully her story arch makes her into a more likeable hero. The others are pretty wishy washy. At least the Elora Danan character isn't instantly great at everything (aka Rey).

Wendy Pleakley

The show has an odd tone to me. It feels like a discount Game of Thrones for young kids, as opposed to an epic fantasy series.

I have zero affinity for the original so I'll see how it goes with an open mind.

Last edited:

Phroobar

So the Princess's life long protector and friend gets killed early on in the quest but the Princess doesn't even acknowledge his death. She just skips off to hang around her girl buddy. No loss or expression of grief.

mf1972

It is ok. The acting isn't very good from everyone over 4 1/2ft tall. It was good to see Warwick and Anabelle Davis acting together. Their moments together felt like the movie. However the rest of the show feels like a WB teen show with bad script writing. It doesn't have that epic feel of the movie or any high fantasy show. It feels small in scope. Ruby Cruz's character is probably the most unlikeable of the bunch. Hopefully her story arch makes her into a more likeable hero. The others are pretty wishy washy. At least the Elora Danan character isn't instantly great at everything (aka Rey).
this made me laughs my wife said something similar. she felt like she was watching a tween show with bad acting. we haven’t watched the 2nd episode yet. we’ll probably watch the movie just for a rehash. i haven’t seen it in years.

CaptainAmerica

1669925552779.png

Phroobar

I could have sworn I saw the cast of Time Bandits in the scene were Willow is testing Elora Danan. I thought Willow's body guard was David Rappaport but he has been dead since 1990. Most of the cast of Time Bandits passed away some time ago. Kenny Baker would have been amazing to see one last time.

sedati

The show has an odd tone to me. It feels like a discount Game of Thrones for young kids, as opposed to an epic fantasy series.

I have zero affinity for the original so I'll see how it goes with an open mind.
Actually I thinks it’s more like a less sour version of The Witcher.

mf1972

i’m giving the show some leeway & see where it’s going. it’s ok so far. just watched the movie earlier today. some good old 80’s cheesiness there.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Episode 3 has wandered into the realm of farce. The young ladies besting plate armored men when they are a third of their size was a bit too large of a stretch. Bumper music was indeed another strange choice with a rehashed Enter Sandman rendition.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom