Will you watch the Christmas Parade?

Will you watch the WDW Christmas Day Parade?

• Yes!

Votes: 79 84.9%
  • No. Don't want to.

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • They have a parade? (Unaware)

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Wish I could, but can't.

Votes: 8 8.6%

• Total voters

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I'll have it on while I open the gifts (it's family tradition).

Merry Christmas everybody!!!!!

Here too. I loved the new commercials too. Very neat idea. Seeing the Suite in the Castle was interesting. I am suprised they allowed it to be shown while it was still so unfinished.

It still freaks me out to see scenes from shows in other parks marching down Main Street USA. (i.e- Jammin Jungle Parade and FOTLK) Weird....:lookaroun

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Is it just me, or has the parade become less about actual entertainment, and more of a very very long ad for a Disney vacation?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Is it just me, or has the parade become less about actual entertainment, and more of a very very long ad for a Disney vacation?

Yeah, it's almost false advertising. People may go to the park expecting to see the same kind of parade and may be disappointed.

disney9752

ok again , can ANYONE burn a dvd or make a copy of video of todays parade?????????? our abc station kept getting interrupted by the weather man due to sever weather & possible tornadoes in the area, i think out of 2 hours i saw mayb 45 min of the parade.

TTATraveler

It has been like that for some time as far as I am concerned. I refer to it as the Walt Disney World Vacation Special. I miss the days of it actually being "live". I do like that they have incorporated more footage from Disneyland for the past couple of years. I don't really care for the "entertainment stars", but all in all it is a 2 hour Disney fix.

DDuckFan130

Eh...didn't watch. Never was much of a tradition and I still don't care...

:eek:

My bad, but yeah. It's not the same as watching one of Disney's parades live. I dunno, I just never got into it.

Oh well. Merry Christmas :D :lookaroun

TTATraveler

Yeah, it's almost false advertising. People may go to the park expecting to see the same kind of parade and may be disappointed.

I think they used to refer to the parade a few years back as the Very Merry Christmas Parade if I am not mistaken. That title slowly morphed into the Christmas Day Parade. I don't know if it was intentional to separate the actual Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Christmas Parade from what is shown on TV as a big advertisement or not. I always find amusement in how they piece all the clips together and 1 minute there are blue skies and sunshine and the next cloudy skies.

I am sure that a fair amount of people don't pick up on these innuendos and actually think there is a special parade on Christmas.

Tim G

Nope it's not you... It's one big and long commercial...

It's getting worse every year... :(

And it's still raining outside... :rolleyes:

dxwwf3

It might have been like this forever and it might have just been a recent trend, but this was just one long infomercial today. It seemed very over the top in the plugging of the merchandise. I still enjoyed watching it because nothing else was on and it's great to see the parks on TV, but it was over the top for sure.

frankd1962

I watched it and loved seeing the little ones eyes when the Princesses came out. It was like watching the teens when Cyruss came out in her Hannah mode or the other teen groups. But the little ones are so much cuter with their reactions.

For me it was more of seeing what new stuff I might get to do nest year when I go.

doop

Gah! I missed it, I even told myself I was going to watch it, but I was too pre-occupied with my new sirius satellite radio. :D

PaisleyMF

Got to say that the commercials were amazing specially Disney Parks (in Disneyland). And the DVC one (i saw the filming on that one like 4 months ago.) Anyway I was working today and everybody was asking at what time where the performances for the TV parade. specially Beyonce, I dont like to "kill the magic" but when i told this family that the Parade was already taped, of course some pixie dust sprinkling, made they stormy day.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Nope it's not you... It's one big and long commercial...

It's getting worse every year... :(

And it's still raining outside... :rolleyes:

Is it? I drove from Jax area back to Orlando this morning, and I've never been more miserable on the roads in my life.

Miraculously, I made it in 2 hours without any major drama aside from my white knuckles.

littledebbie

I watched it. I have to say it was not as bad as last year but still not as good as before it became an infomercial. Maybe it's just me, but did anybody else notice that Paige from Extreme Makeover wasn't actually at the Magic Kingdom, but they tried to make it seem like she was? Sure look like she was at Disneyland to me. Oh, and did anyone else notice Santa doing this at the end of the parade?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I agree. I really just watched it. I had to tape it this morning. I did miss part of it. I got to start at where they are showing the Lion King performers. Did I miss very much?

On that note, did anyone else recognize that the lion king portion of the parade was the same one from last year, which had to be from the year or two before because there was not ornamitation on the castle (50th celebration). Reason I say this is because it was the same "parade show", same people, and while the rest of the parade had cloudy skies, that portion was blue sky and sunshine....

TTATraveler

On that note, did anyone else recognize that the lion king portion of the parade was the same one from last year, which had to be from the year or two before because there was not ornamitation on the castle (50th celebration). Reason I say this is because it was the same "parade show", same people, and while the rest of the parade had cloudy skies, that portion was blue sky and sunshine....

You know, I thought the same thing. The castle looked all gray, skies deep blue, and guests looked to be in pants and long sleeves. I know it was in the upper 70s or 80s this year during taping.

I tried to keep telling myself that it was my imagination and I am studying it too hard, but I am glad someone else noticed this too.

celticdog

I agree, some of the fotage looked recycled. Colors on the castle didn't look right. There was inconsistency with the look of the crowd. I know they tape on different days, but it seemed odd.

What was up with Micheal Bolton? Had he been drinking before he stepped on stage?

Luke82580

parade

I watched parts of the parade but it wasn't at all a good experience for me. I just can't stand Kelly Rippa, she completely ruined the Disney Magic for me!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom